Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX

Zuiderdam Anchorage

Rotterdam NL

Oosterdam

1021world.thumb.png.28d774663a9c0da2c0f54e7b0db870a0.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

We've got a rainy day here.

Interesting collection of days.  Babbling - cute from a baby, frustrating from politicians.  Count your buttons - what an interesting concept.  Nacho day sounds like a good suggestion.

Love the quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, but very rich.  I have to go to the grocery store late, so I'll check out the price of lobster.

I know I'll like the wine, not sure about the drink of the day.

I've never been to today's port, looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 62°F.

I had a dermatologist appointment this morning and told I had a basal cell carcinoma on the side of my face and was put on the list to get it removed.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

I felt like babbling when I got the news from the dermatologist.

I don't like Nacho's.

The assortment of buttons is phenomenal.

Interesting quote.

Nice food and drink.

Paulines cousin lives in Adelaide and that plus other ports in

Australia was on our next to do list.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  I think I'll pass on all 3 of today's days.  I love the Billings quote.  Adelaide was one of the last ports I visited, last March on Queen Mary 2.  I'd take the Mac & cheese (and will have it tonight) without the lobster.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup, Japanese Chicken Yakitori, and Blueberry Crisp, as served on MS Amsterdam October 21, 2017:

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes21.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Colin Powell
RIP FF Pierre Lacroix
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
1Angelcat awiting biopsy
cunorl’s (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Covid in JAM37's family
Mr. Boston dental issue
From the rotation:
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Vict0riann, sailingdutchy/ Lady President// and Gail& Marty  at sea
Improvement in JAM37's family
durangoscots at a dog show
Lady Hudson at Nassau (Oasis OTS)
Horizonchaser1957's esty shop running
Welcome home  Cruising-along and VMAX1700
Sharon at a women’s retreat
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

Thanks for the daily report Rich and good morning everyone.  Not much of a babbler or button collector but nachos I do enjoy so hooray for them. Good advice in today’s quote.  Meal suggestion sounds great as it’s soft food; wasn’t able to get an appointment for the dentist until today. Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for all on our list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.  Have a nice Thursday!

• Like 26

Good morning! Got a little movement going during the night and this morning. First time I felt I was on a ship in quite a few days.

We attended a suite reception yesterday which was held In Gallery Bar. Nice event. Dined in Canaletto again last night. Another great meal and service.

Hopefully, we’ll be able to tender at Half Moon Cay or it’s going to be a very slow ride to Florida.

There is a small Mariners gathering tonight at 7::00 which we have been invited. Going to be held out doors around the Cabanas area. Believe it’s called Retreat.

So this great and historic cruise will soon be coming to a end. The MS Nieuw Amsterdam has set the bar high. Will be returning in May 2023 and looking forward to sailing with this great crew again.

Thanks Rich and to all our contributors! Enough babbling!

• Like 39

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  The CC gremlins seem to be on vacation.  It kept me signed in overnight and that hasn’t happened in a couple of weeks.  I like Mac and cheese just not with lobster.  I’d prefer some Buffalo Mac and Cheese from Druthers in Saratoga, NY.  Hope everyone has a nice day today.

• Like 25

The top of the morning Rich and all posters.  Thanks for the fleet report.  The Eurodam is  at Dubrovnik, one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been in.  It is nice to see a HAL ship with passengers finally stopping at HMC.  Have a great day.

• Like 17

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  I think I'll pass on all 3 of today's days.  I love the Billings quote.  Adelaide was one of the last ports I visited, last March on Queen Mary 2.  I'd take the Mac & cheese (and will have it tonight) without the lobster.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup, Japanese Chicken Yakitori, and Blueberry Crisp, as served on MS Amsterdam October 21, 2017:

Today’s care list:

RIP Colin Powell
RIP FF Pierre Lacroix
Western wildfires
1Angelcat awiting biopsy
Covid in JAM37's family
Mr. Boston dental issue
From the rotation:

4 BHB with passengers
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for the lists Roy.

Graham

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Got a little movement going during the night and this morning. First time I felt I was on a ship in quite a few days.

We attended a suite reception yesterday which was held In Gallery Bar. Nice event. Dined in Canaletto again last night. Another great meal and service.

Hopefully, we’ll be able to tender at Half Moon Cay or it’s going to be a very slow ride to Florida.

There is a small Mariners gathering tonight at 7::00 which we have been invited. Going to be held out doors around the Cabanas area. Believe it’s called Retreat.

So this great and historic cruise will soon be coming to a end. The MS Nieuw Amsterdam has set the bar high. Will be returning in May 2023 and looking forward to sailing with this great crew again.

Thanks Rich and to all our contributors! Enough babbling!

Thank you chief for posting so faithfully.  Enjoy HMC

• Like 7

A few photos of Adelaide.  It is the home of the South Australia museum:

sam1.JPG.f9b29627264ef226d13e9adf26399e96.JPG

sam2.JPG.194e369bbad1aae1941e92948f828ba3.JPG

sam3.JPG.319a5b0f2d35a65b27d7a7e7ce98f036.JPG

The city is surrounded by a "Green Ring":

greenring1.jpg.5c37b2d237cdad37ae61c87daec80a2d.jpggreenring2.JPG.7feda0de357300dc7061206616d8a411.JPG

An overlook called "Lofty Mountain" with an obelisk is about a half hour out of town:

surveyor.JPG.7a925f477a11c8067cb6219c0bfab12d.JPG

obelisk.JPG.ce107782a852b6a67a1ac89329e9ff7a.JPG

loftyview.JPG.c83ac9d5c4633e7bcadeeb58735aec63.JPG

There's also a nice beach:

adlbeach.JPG.c119a598464108ac1b894a5ba2695375.JPG

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s care list:

RIP Colin Powell
RIP FF Pierre Lacroix
Western wildfires
1Angelcat awiting biopsy
Covid in JAM37's family
Mr. Boston dental issue
From the rotation:

4 BHB with passengers

Roy

Roy, I like the Apricot soup and the Blueberry Crisp and thanks for both lists

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I have a few buttons in my sewing kit as replacements if needed. I do like nachos once in a while. I have had lobster mac and cheese at WDW and would have it again out, but only make regular Mac and cheese at home.

Love the quote. Never been to the port.

I haven't heard from DD yet this morning. Hopefully she and DSIL got a good night sleep and are still sleeping.

Off to get another cup of coffee so I'm wide awake for Leo. Will check in again later.

Have a wonderful day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.   

It is nice to wake up to a CC where the gremlin mayhem is missing.  I hope more of us experience that phenomenon.  

I do like Nachos and make them now and then as a treat.   But, I limit that due to carb and calorie count.  The drink of the day sounds interesting.  I'm looking forward to the recipe.   I'm sure I'd like the wine.

I have mixed emotions over today's meal.   Part of me asks why one would ruin perfectly good lobster by putting it in mac and cheese?   The other part reminds me it is comfort food.   I admit I have a prejudice against mac and cheese.  I think it stems back to college days when I would buy 4 boxes of mac and cheese for $5 and eat for a week.   I didn't have the money to buy the butter and milk to go with the box of mac and cheese, so just made it with water.  I vowed back then to never eat mac and cheese again and I haven't.  

For those who love it, there are many variations.  Ina Garten gives us an easy one for a busy weekday night:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lobster-mac-and-cheese-recipe-1948798

835219372_LobsterMacandCheese1.jpeg.57ca7100357aa7df3e9e37a97d4dfa29.jpeg

I always enjoy Dinner at the Zoo.  This one comes with some different seasonings.

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/lobster-mac-and-cheese/

lobster-mac-and-cheese-6.thumb.jpg.68abbdc735ae725d99031efab9b81dd6.jpg

And here's another that is slightly different.   https://therecipecritic.com/lobster-mac-and-cheese/

lobstermacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.102dc48a9961dd42c05c5922709d9dbd.jpg

I hope everyone has something to celebrate today.   

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Rich thank you for our Daily. I love waking to a cup of coffee and reading what our Daily family is doing for the day.

Sending prayers to all on Roy's list. Also prayers for Roy with a nodule needing radiation and to Graham for the basal cell. Graham, Allen has had 3 MOHS surgeries, one just 17 days ago on his ear and will have another taken off his shoulder next week. Please keep us apprised. 

Blessings to all.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

We were in Adelaide in 2010 on the Volendam and had a wonderful day there. The Botanic Garden, The National Wine Center at the University of Adelaide and a wonderful lunch at a highly rated restaurant interestingly name Concubine were on our to do list for the day.

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-4.jpg

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-10.jpg

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-14.jpg

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-21.jpg

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-30.jpg

Adelaide Botanical Gardens-35.jpg

Lunch in Adelaide-3.jpg

Nat'l Wine Center.jpg

Nat'l Wine Center-4.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rich thank you for our Daily. I love waking to a cup of coffee and reading what our Daily family is doing for the day.

Sending prayers to all on Roy's list. Also prayers for Roy with a nodule needing radiation and to Graham for the basal cell. Graham, Allen has had 3 MOHS surgeries, one just 17 days ago on his ear and will have another taken off his shoulder next week. Please keep us apprised. 

Blessings to all.

Thank you @Seasick Sailor

Best wishes for Allen's surgeries.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite a combo of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Not the easiest task with so much going on. Morning Dailyite family! @grapau27, Graham keeping you in my prayers that everything is as routine as possible with your surgery. @Mr. Boston, hope all goes well for you today. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, Laura congrats on your opening day!  Does your DD know that she is now part of our extended family? If not, break the news to her gently.🙃

Heading to the gym. Still learning how to maneuver, so I don’t put any pressure on the knee. Ain’t always easy and it sure isn’t always graceful. But I manage. 

No clue what supper will be tonight. Can’t wait to hear about the drink du jour. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Consumers and critics consider this a good Pinot Grigio and with prices starting at $10.99, it just might be one to try. 

Winemaker Notes

The grapes are subjected to a delicate crush and soft pressing with the use of presses operating under vacuum. Fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of about 64°F, which preserves the fruitiness and the finest sensory characteristics of the wine. Injection of selected yeasts guarantees maximum quality of the wine’s aromas and flavors.

COLOR
Appealing straw-yellow color green with delicate reflections.

BOUQUET
Delicately fruity, relatively full and ample with an ensemble of aromas of great finesse.

PALATE
Lightly dry yet extremely fresh. Its pleasantly balanced and elegant structure makes this an unusually refined and aristocratic wine.

FOOD PAIRINGS
It combines well with white meats, and steamed or grilled fish. In addition, it makes a fine aperitif and is highly suited to every occasion outside meals.

SERVING TEMPERATURE
50° - 54° F

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Just now, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite a combo of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Not the easiest task with so much going on. Morning Dailyite family! @grapau27, Graham keeping you in my prayers that everything is as routine as possible with your surgery. @Mr. Boston, hope all goes well for you today. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, Laura congrats on your opening day!  Does your DD know that she is now part of our extended family? If not, break the news to her gently.🙃

Heading to the gym. Still learning how to maneuver, so I don’t put any pressure on the knee. Ain’t always easy and it sure isn’t always graceful. But I manage. 

No clue what supper will be tonight. Can’t wait to hear about the drink du jour. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Consumers and critics consider this a good Pinot Grigio and with prices starting at $10.99, it just might be one to try. 

Winemaker Notes

The grapes are subjected to a delicate crush and soft pressing with the use of presses operating under vacuum. Fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of about 64°F, which preserves the fruitiness and the finest sensory characteristics of the wine. Injection of selected yeasts guarantees maximum quality of the wine’s aromas and flavors.

COLOR
Appealing straw-yellow color green with delicate reflections.

BOUQUET
Delicately fruity, relatively full and ample with an ensemble of aromas of great finesse.

PALATE
Lightly dry yet extremely fresh. Its pleasantly balanced and elegant structure makes this an unusually refined and aristocratic wine.

FOOD PAIRINGS
It combines well with white meats, and steamed or grilled fish. In addition, it makes a fine aperitif and is highly suited to every occasion outside meals.

SERVING TEMPERATURE
50° - 54° F

Thank you so much.

I was told with Covid19 the wait list could be 2-6 month's.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

I have had the meal suggestion a few times in restaurants, but I actually like ketchup on just plain

Mac-N-Cheese which doesn't help the Lobster.

We flew for the day to Adelaide in 2007 when we were visiting our Australian friends in Melbourne. Adelaide was his old hometown.  Flew on Sir Rischard Bramson's Virgin Blue which was a startup at the time. Crammed quite a bit into the day as we took the tram out to Glenelg (pleasant reminders each time I drove through Glenelg, MD when we lived in the area) and then drove to their friend's winery in the nearby Barossa Valley. I'll need to look through my CF memory cards for photos.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much.

I was told with Covid19 the wait list could be 2-6 month's.

I hope that means this is not an emergency and they caught it very early. BUT that is a long time to wait. And worry!  I will now add a prayer that your wait is at the shorter end of that waiting period.  Hugs!

Ann

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1