Our medallions arrived today, and of course they are the wrong color. I expected no less.

CineGraphic

On 10/24/2021 at 6:38 AM, Roberto256 said:

I'm waiting for someone to post a template, so I can print my own loyalty level.

Someone did this and in fact made some inserts for others - sorry I don't recall the thread. Our cruise is so far out it was not important to me.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:23 PM, Ombud said:

I keep my medallion in my pocket so the color is irrelevant but I'm hoping for a blue one. Much prettier than the black IMHO 

The medallion started when I was elite so all I have are the black medallions. I have the silver bracelet and I asked at the front desk if I could purchase the other colors because I wanted to change the medallion to match outfits post cruise.  They wouldn’t sell them to me. I hope they send me the wrong color too. 😊

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The medallion started when I was elite so all I have are the black medallions. I have the silver bracelet and I asked at the front desk if I could purchase the other colors because I wanted to change the medallion to match outfits post cruise.  They wouldn’t sell them to me. I hope they send me the wrong color too. 😊

I was told that they recycle the ones they exchange. I wanted to keep my blue one as a reminder of all the things that went wrong.  I knew that only one would work. I could not talk the person into returning the unusable blue one. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was told that they recycle the ones they exchange. I wanted to keep my blue one as a reminder of all the things that went wrong.  I knew that only one would work. I could not talk the person into returning the unusable blue one. 

What would they do if someone forgot their medallion? Would they give them another one?

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Did not know that medallions were color coded;  does that make a difference with how the staff treats you while onboard?  

Would differently-colored medallions make the wearer treat staff and other pax differently?

Just wondering, rhetorically.

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Did not know that medallions were color coded;  does that make a difference with how the staff treats you while onboard?  

If anything, I would like to think that they would try and be more helpful with new cruisers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

The only area that’s you are treated differently is at the pier terminal.  You are assigned different waiting/loading areas.  Therefore you will “lose” your priority boarding status.  

Well I'll be darned had no idea they were color coded. I thought the insert was the issue. Guess I never gave it any though as I have never worn the card or the medallion.  Was thrilled with the medallion as it was easier to stow on my person and didn't have fumble to get it out. I have been shoved out of the way by a demanding elite a time or two though.  Yeah the staff does know who prepaid their gratuities and are held responsible if they are removed.  as well they remember who slips them a cash tip. They are not required to report that if the prepaid are in place.

Well, despite having at least 2 open tickets with the Ocean Medallion department about the trouble I've been having getting the app to recognize my credit card, today I received a phone call from Princess to inform me that I needed to complete info on the app before we sail next week.

The rep admitted that the system shows that I have open tickets that haven't been resolved yet, so why did they even call?? It felt like a slap in the face, and the lack of common sense on their part was enough to make me briefly snap.

The rep said that she would note on my record that I will provide  my credit card info at check-in, and I added that she should also add to my record that they might want to think about having a nice flower arrangement in my cabin for all of the time and effort I've wasted trying to get "medallion ready".

I hate it when the grumpy old man in me kicks in, but phoning folks who you know are having trouble with the app to remind them that they need to do what they can't do, is one of the dumbest things I've heard of.

Thank G_d this pre-cruise nonsense is almost over. In 8 more day, we'll be on a lovely ship.

IMG_7022.thumb.jpg.21dfffc3d34d63b3b346e7a925725618.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Well, despite having at least 2 open tickets with the Ocean Medallion department about the trouble I've been having getting the app to recognize my credit card, today I received a phone call from Princess to inform me that I needed to complete info on the app before we sail next week.

The rep admitted that the system shows that I have open tickets that haven't been resolved yet, so why did they even call?? It felt like a slap in the face, and the lack of common sense on their part was enough to make me briefly snap.

The rep said that she would note on my record that I will provide  my credit card info at check-in, and I added that she should also add to my record that they might want to think about having a nice flower arrangement in my cabin for all of the time and effort I've wasted trying to get "medallion ready".

I hate it when the grumpy old man in me kicks in, but phoning folks who you know are having trouble with the app to remind them that they need to do what they can't do, is one of the dumbest things I've heard of.

Thank G_d this pre-cruise nonsense is almost over. In 8 more day, we'll be on a lovely ship.

IMG_7022.thumb.jpg.21dfffc3d34d63b3b346e7a925725618.jpg

And we all hope the cruise is much, much better than your pre-cruise experience. Hopefully the cruise will make it all worth the aggravation. I should add UNNECESSARY aggravation.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:01 AM, CineGraphic said:

I've read here that this has been quite common lately. I keep my medallion in one of my pockets anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

It's just a shame that they have so much trouble getting simple things right pre-cruise.

Thankfully, the service on board seems to more than make up for the pre-cruise screw-ups.

I talked with a person from management on Wednesday from Princess & once on the ship they can make another Medallion  with your name & dates of the cruise. 

Tom😀

Hola.  We just received our Medallions today, and after reading a previous post, they are all blue on outside and your status is the color on the actual medallion.  Not that it matters, really don’t want to be that snob.  First cruise or 100+, it is just great we all can do this.  Happy sailing!

53 minutes ago, coloradocruisers101 said:

your status is the color on the actual medallion

Yes, the medallion should have a platinum insert in the center, but it's blue.

No worries, it's staying in my pocket. We don't wear them on a lanyard, as if it's a convention.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:22 PM, TNTLAMB said:

Well I'll be darned had no idea they were color coded. I thought the insert was the issue. Guess I never gave it any though as I have never worn the card or the medallion.  Was thrilled with the medallion as it was easier to stow on my person and didn't have fumble to get it out. I have been shoved out of the way by a demanding elite a time or two though.  Yeah the staff does know who prepaid their gratuities and are held responsible if they are removed.  as well they remember who slips them a cash tip. They are not required to report that if the prepaid are in place.

My stateroom attendant and waiters on my recent Sky cruise were adamant that they didn’t know if we had remove their  crew incentive or otherwise 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The rep said that she would note on my record that I will provide  my credit card info at check-in

Why did the rep not volunteer to enter the credit card info for you?

Princess has told me that I could have a rep enter a good part of the embarkation info for me if I called in , including CC information.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess has told me that I could have a rep enter a good part of the embarkation info for me if I called in , including CC information.

I think it is called inconsistency.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

That’s what they did for me. The OM dept took care of it for me.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

They've tried to, but the system wouldn't recognize that the info is in place.