Important Cafe al Bacio and Bloody Mary question

kokopelli-az

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I like clams, not sure about clamato.  Anyone try it?  I can't tell if it would be delicious or disgusting, especially first thing in the morning?

Anyone try it????

Yes, "zitsky," on dozens of mornings aboard "X" ships -- with Grey Goose Vodka mixed in.  (We even like it plain -- on the rocks, in a very tall glass.)  It is delicious -- better than mere tomato juice.  It does NOT taste like clams!  To us, it tastes like V8 juice, but even better.  There's no harm in giving it a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I like clams, not sure about clamato.  Anyone try it?  I can't tell if it would be delicious or disgusting, especially first thing in the morning?

We were introduced to the Bloody Caesar by some people we met at the Sunset Bar a few years back! I would describe it as a Bloody Mary but lighter and the juice, while it still has the tomato flavor, doesn’t feel as thick (for lack of a better word) as tomato juice. Kind of like V-8 is a bit runnier than tomato juice. 

I really like them but my husband still prefers the traditional Bloody Mary. If you have the beverage package you could always give it a try! If you don’t like it you don’t gave to finish it.

36 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

I've had a lot of virgin bloody mary's on X, usually at the sunset bar while eating breakfast.  Anyway, sometimes they use Demitri's bloody mary mix and sometimes they mix their own up.  I've been drinking Demitri's for 20-30 years so it was a great surprise when I first saw them pull it out!   I used to be able to buy it at World Market but have had to order direct now for years.  I love the stuff.

We were introduced to Dimitri’s at the Sunset Bar on Equinox! Loved it so much that we ordered the seasoning mix from Amazon when we got home. It comes in a bottle and you just add it to your own tomato juice!!

For a afternoon drink my wife and I go to Cafe al Bacio and order the following with 2 shots of espresso.  It is considered one drink and included in the drink package.    After the first day they refer to it as espresso with the kitchen sink.  We tell them one part of each instead of what is listed.  Sometimes they don’t have all the ingredients but I think you get what is in it most times 

It goes down very smooth and may sneak up on you.  

You can also order a Bushwacker at any bar but I don’t know if they make them the same 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

B0D5A611-B8CB-4375-BF51-18F77B7D5E20.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, acstall said:

They have in the past. An Aperol spritz at the Sunset Bar brings back memories of trips to Italy.

I sure hope they still have that - just discovered the Aperol Spritz this summer and would love to enjoy it on the ocean! 🙂

10 minutes ago, miched said:

For a afternoon drink my wife and I go to Cafe al Bacio and order the following with 2 shots of espresso.  It is considered one drink and included in the drink package.    After the first day they refer to it as espresso with the kitchen sink.  We tell them one part of each instead of what is listed.  Sometimes they don’t have all the ingredients but I think you get what is in it most times 

You can also order a Bushwacker at any bar but I don’t know if they make them the same 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I had a bushwacker in St Thomas and it just about did me in for the rest of the day (very light drinker!  LOL) - but it was delicious!

16 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Had a bad experience in college with Long Island ice teas.  I guess I don't like my liquor mixed.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, kokopelli-az said:

Of all the times we've been on Celebrity, we've never been to Cafe al Bacio other than to pick up a peanut butter cookie one time.   I did not realize they served alcohol because every time we've walked by, it looked like everyone was eating, not drinking.   And then I find a post about how good their Bloody Marys are.

Are the Bloody Marys at Cafe al Bacio really any better than at the other bars?    If they're better, I definitely am going to order one next month when we're on the Reflection.  

Only your palate can answer that question for sure,

Cheers and bon voyage

10 hours ago, Froufie said:

If you have the classic drink package can you get liqueurs served with your coffee in the dining room?  How do you know what's covered?

In my experience, the MDR waiters could not, did not, deal with drinks. The Sommalier assigned to a section of tables does the wines, a request to the waiter or Sommalier for an after dinner liqueur is referred to another person who handles drinks. I have used Classic vs. Premium packages on many of my cruises. I believe I have always been charged a bit extra when I have my occasional Patron XO Cafe as an after dinner. (Full disclosure - I order Bloody Marias rather than Bloody Mary’s…)

On 10/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, SeasideMemories said:

We were introduced to Dimitri’s at the Sunset Bar on Equinox! Loved it so much that we ordered the seasoning mix from Amazon when we got home. It comes in a bottle and you just add it to your own tomato juice!!

Go to Dimitri's web site and get on there email list, they send out great discounts at various times of the year.  Those deals are a lot better than amazon or their regular prices.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

Go to Dimitri's web site and get on there email list, they send out great discounts at various times of the year.  Those deals are a lot better than amazon or their regular prices.

How do you sign up for their list?    I don't any way to subscribe on their website.

9 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Can you add Kahlua or Bailey’s to the Iglu (coffee frappe)?

It's worth a try -- and does sound like a delicious possibility.  Thanks for suggesting it, "sunonfire."

Based on the price of each item (separately), it would be unlikely to be covered by the Classic package, but may be covered by the Premium package.  If it exceeds the limit of both, however, we would simply order the Iglu and the liqueur ("straight up/neat") separately and then combine the two ourselves.

9 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Can you get the Aspen coffee as a frozen coffee?

It is one of the seven "International" coffee cocktails that are normally served hot in a wine glass.  The menu page does not mention an option to have it served cold or "frozen" in a rocks glass ... but we have been planning to ask (on our next cruise) if that could be done.  (For each of the hot cocktails, the crew members have asked if we want whipped cream on top.)

• Like 1

My favorite frozen drink on Carnival is the

BLENDED CARIBBEAN RUM CREAM COCKTAIL
Kahlua, Irish Cream, Chocolate Liqueur and Bacardi Rum

That was why I thought an Aspen Frozen might be a close second. I’m definitely going to ask. Otherwise I think I will try a Celebrity mudslide.

3 hours ago, sunonfire said:

My favorite frozen drink on Carnival is the

BLENDED CARIBBEAN RUM CREAM COCKTAIL
Kahlua, Irish Cream, Chocolate Liqueur and Bacardi Rum

That was why I thought an Aspen Frozen might be a close second. I’m definitely going to ask. Otherwise I think I will try a Celebrity mudslide.

Never hesitate to ask for something like that. Whether they are willing or able to fulfill your request is up to them. 

Just as a barely related aside, though, you can't get frozen drinks at the Martini Bar. They don't have a blender. I believe the Café does for frappés and other what-nots, so you might be in luck. 

On 10/29/2021 at 3:46 PM, kokopelli-az said:

How do you sign up for their list?    I don't any way to subscribe on their website.

I guess it must be under 'Register' as a new customer, not sure.  Maybe after your first order.  Call them and see what they say I guess.  It's worth it for the 'deals'.