“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

Really no perks other than the Lavazza Espresso Coffee Machine. The Junior Suite has a little more room and a bigger closet but that's about it. You have to get in the Grand Suites to get the perks. I do like the extra points.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I will never forget the first time I set foot on the Royal Promenade, it was so different from any previous ship we had been on. Even though I had seen pictures, it was so exciting to finally be there.

My first RCI cruise was on Navigator, and that was exactly my reaction.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you friend. I'll try to follow in your footsteps. Your review really inspired me. Yes I can't tell you how good the service is. At Chops last night, we were visited not only by the restaurant manager but even the head chef came out to talk to us. Bartenders were great and really appreciated the dollar per dink tip even though we had the DDP. You are cruising pretty soon are you not?

Get on the plane in 12 days!!!   Ahhhh!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drusierdmd said:

Fyi: anyone unvaccinated (including my 6yo daughter) will be required to have a PCR test ONLY, within 72h, to enter PR.  This is a new requirement set forth by their department of health.  

IMG_20211108_172616.jpg

From the Travel Safe (pr.gov) site, it states "Everyone over 2 years old who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen vaccines, must provide evidence of a negative molecular or antigen test for COVID-19 performed within the 72-hour period prior to your arrival to Puerto Rico."

Royal Getting Ready to Cruise site also states:

• Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken within 72 hours prior to arriving at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan.

23 minutes ago, mack44 said:

From the Travel Safe (pr.gov) site, it states "Everyone over 2 years old who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen vaccines, must provide evidence of a negative molecular or antigen test for COVID-19 performed within the 72-hour period prior to your arrival to Puerto Rico."

Royal Getting Ready to Cruise site also states:

• Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken within 72 hours prior to arriving at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan.

NOTICE: Any passenger arriving without a PCR test result for COVID-19 will be assessed a $300 fine. However, this will be waived if the traveler presents the test or evidence that a test was performed within 48 hours of arrival. This applies to all travelers over 2 years old who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen vaccines.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, Sea Dog said:

With tears I did a video for her.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved furry family member.  You gave her the final gift.   

3 hours ago, drusierdmd said:

Fyi: anyone unvaccinated (including my 6yo daughter) will be required to have a PCR test ONLY, within 72h, to enter PR.  This is a new requirement set forth by their department of health.  

IMG_20211108_172616.jpg

You are citing an old Executive order, latest one is OE-2021-073 and this one states that Antigen test is acceptable as well as the PCR, 72 hours prior.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'd love to post but this internet on Explorer is a piece of crap. Tired after trying for an hour to post one picture. I'll try tomorrow. I'm sorry.

No need to apologize.  Enjoy the moment while you are in it.  We will enjoy the pics whenever.  We would rather hear your having a great time.  

• Like 7

Formal Night

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people dressed up for formal night. I am still trying to get an accurate count but it looks like around 2100 people are sailing on Explorer. There are a lot of Spanish speaking guests and I assume that's their a lot of Puerto Rican's. They do dress to the 9's so it was great to see. Of course Mr and Mrs Sea Dog did not get our picture taken. We like the behind the scenes.

Of course I have to start every evening with a Manhattan. Interesting how they made this in highball glass instead of my preferred way in a martini glass like they did at chops. A Manhattan should not be served over ice.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e56.thumb.jpg.430ccc5e12d0dc4960ab8988f0440b06.jpg

We are eating in the MDR only twice and both are on Formal nights. Tonight I started with my favorite. Escargot.

gT9VunRfTMyErzAEnhCazA_thumb_3e5a.thumb.jpg.625f4f5e5a71415c66eba908581ad64e.jpg

Jonathan had never had Escargot before. I told him trust me it would be good. Once you get past the idea of snails and get into the butter garlic he said it was a winner. He loved it. Now if only I could get Linda to try it.

JadhIyBsSpOYJ37ICzKXOg_thumb_3e58.thumb.jpg.da5b661e096e06ab61e568752216afe9.jpg

Roasted Tenderloin of Beef Did not disappoint. Very nice. Mine medium rare.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e5d.thumb.jpg.d6da55e41bfc5309692a4f69823fbb1e.jpg

Carrot cake for dessert and a cup of double espresso to give me a jolt.

Dinner was a little slow tonight even though the dinning room did not seem that crowded. Took about two hours from the time we sat down to leaving. I didn't mind. It was very relaxing.

Next up Main Headline Act at 10:30.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'd love to post but this internet on Explorer is a piece of crap. Tired after trying for an hour to post one picture. I'll try tomorrow. I'm sorry.

Adventure was the same with its internet. Very frustrating. There is nothing to apologize for. We appreciate any info from you.  Just enjoy your week.

• Like 6

Headliner Showtime: Two Funny Guys

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e63.thumb.jpg.464a021f077d640387efbd192741d6f3.jpg

Mario and Daniel two brothers from Argentina. Very funny, their timing is amazing. Small crowd but everyone was into it. They did a great job heckling people who came in late by restarting their act but doing it speed up. Wonderful.

After that nightcaps in the Schooner Bar. Sorry no pictures as my phone died. I think I should get a new phone on every cruise just so I have good battery power. This iPhone 10 Pro Max was great on Harmony two years ago. Lasted all day and night. I'm lucky to make it noon.

By the way it was Hennessy night for me. I had a Hennessy Old Fashioned. It was very good and a French 75 made with Hennessy and Domaine Chandon Champagne. I loved this drink I'll post some pictures on a different night. Ok I gotta quite before this crashes. Just pulled into St. Croix.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 8

I have been reading and enjoying your review, Greg.  I keep wanting to press that TEST AGAIN button to get you a better internet speed.

To hours for dinner seems really, pre pandemic, slow when multiple people were at a table.  On Odyssey, we were in and out in one hour.

• Like 1

ST. CROIX

929237936_ST.CRIOX.thumb.jpg.dd053d1730425001231c59ce2ce4b528.jpg

Up at it early this morning. I wonder how long I can keep this up?  Again, I'll sleep when I'm dead. Wide awake at 5:30am and decided to go around the ship and shoot some pics. We have our excursion at 12:15 which is the "Half Day Frederiksted Sail and Beach".

We were suppose to be doing a pirate adventure at Captain Morgan for a tour, but it got cancelled on us. I was so looking forward to meeting Captain Morgan even if he is statue.

Anyway some early morning pics before we go to breakfast. Hopefully I can get these to upload.

• Like 9