“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Do you have Surf or Stream?

I have voom surf and stream, I know what the problem is. I am shooting everything in high resolution. Their internet can't handle a picture at 12mb. Backing off the settings now to see if that helps.

• Like 5

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Their internet can't handle a picture at 12mb.

Even at home with a great internet connection, folks should not post 12MB pics. With that pathetic upload speed, even the tiniest file size may have issues. Start asking the Voom staff what's going on -it's not normal. "Normal" upload for a Stream tier should be around 500Kb.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 4:21 AM, Sea Dog said:

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.135bd0e3c3d2fdb721d6ec1a9f78302b.JPG

I would love to get one of these. I looked on Amazon and found a few like this. Some say they are NOT power converters. I believe the one you have here in this picture is not a converter, correct? I'm electrically illiterate, what limitations (if any) are there with this adapter? TIA

50 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

I would love to get one of these. I looked on Amazon and found a few like this. Some say they are NOT power converters. I believe the one you have here in this picture is not a converter, correct? I'm electrically illiterate, what limitations (if any) are there with this adapter? TIA

Hi TIA see post #92 for link . Yes it is a converter to go from PAL plug (European) to US 110v. Basically gives you an extra outlet.

So I’m on my 4th pair of water shoes to find the best ones. So they either have no support or just not comfortable.

F84AF257-D026-42B0-83CC-3CEBAA3F15B4.thumb.jpeg.6c1517a1046cf51760fcd55c45f6f668.jpeg

These Keens are really comfortable and great to walk in.

46EE2C45-3B4D-46C1-AC72-C8B0F13DE78B.thumb.jpeg.381f2faad1dad7c138741b729421e15c.jpeg

Unfortunately they fit very snug and in the case of Secret Sands Beach yesterday, little shells and rocks got between my feet and the shoes making it very uncomfortable to walk. I found myself taking the shoes off and emptying all the debris and I was good to go again. Anyone have a perfect water shoe?

• Like 2

Sea Dog,

Great trip report, it is certainly building my anticipation for our upcoming cruise!  Congrats on the retirement!  I retired at the end of 2019, just in time for all of our retirement cruise travel plans to come to a grinding halt!  Glad your timing was better than mine...

Ramja96,

The one I have is called an adapter.  You may want to do an Amazon search for "international plug adapter".  Just select one with excellent reliable reviews that will work in locations where you are likely to travel.

1 hour ago, ramja96 said:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Backing off the settings now to see if that helps.

I hope you mean in edit.  When you get home you will enjoy the originals in the higher quality settings.

Shanon and I was having slow speeds like that and I discovered an AT&T security app was sending me thru a vpn. Turned it off and it went up.  Sharon had the Voom staff adjust her iPhone and in a couple of minutes the speed was up.  It’s worth letting them try. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DMWT Cruiser said:

Sea Dog,

Great trip report, it is certainly building my anticipation for our upcoming cruise!  Congrats on the retirement!  I retired at the end of 2019, just in time for all of our retirement cruise travel plans to come to a grinding halt!  Glad your timing was better than mine...

Ramja96,

The one I have is called an adapter.  You may want to do an Amazon search for "international plug adapter".  Just select one with excellent reliable reviews that will work in locations where you are likely to travel.

Hey for $15 with tax, it's a good deal.  But you can get 2 for $14 with tax for a limited time.

Seadog's version has almost 6800 reviews.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Hey for $15 with tax, it's a good deal.  But you can get 2 for $14 with tax for a limited time.

Seadog's version has almost 6800 reviews.

Yep - that's what I ordered. THANKS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ramja96 said:

I'm electrically illiterate, what limitations (if any) are there with this adapter? TIA

What the limitation would be with an adapter (vs. convertor) is that if you tried using this while in Europe (or anywhere they use this "c" plug) in say, someone's home, and then tried plugging in an appliance like a curling iron,  you risk burning out the item within seconds, along with possibly blowing the fuses in the home.  My daughter's BF learned this the hard way.  The curling iron was toast but fortunately no other damage was done. 

So in that case the convertor would have been handy.  I had one on me but I arrived a couple days later to hear the story.

• Like 2