“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

WE INTERRUPT  THIS REGULARLY SCHEDULED BROADCAST!!!!!!

I don’t know if I will be able to continue this live review as Explorer is having major internet issues. Everyone on board is complaining about it. I can’t even log on let alone upload and post pictures.

I have so much good content to share with you but it’s getting to the point where I’m too frustrated and I don’t want to ruin my great cruise.

So far everything has been amazing. The Chef’s table was incredible last night. But I think I will share that and most of our great excursions till after I get back home and can get reliable internet service.

I apologize. This is not how I wanted my review to go. So please be patient. I promise I will not disappoint you.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t know if I will be able to continue this live review as Explorer is having major internet issues. Everyone on board is complaining about it. I can’t even log on let alone upload and post pictures.

I have so much good content to share with you but it’s getting to the point where I’m too frustrated and I don’t want to ruin my great cruise.

So far everything has been amazing. The Chef’s table was incredible last night. But I think I will share that and most of our great excursions till after I get back home and can get reliable internet service.

I apologize. This is not how I wanted my review to go. So please be patient. I promise I will not disappoint you.

Thank you for the great job you've been doing so far with the live review. Recently, this is the first thread I check whenever I sign-in to CC.

But as this is your first cruise in a very long time, it should not be frustrating nor time consuming. Sit back and enjoy the moment with your family, write your notes & take your pictures.  Now that you are retired, you'll have plenty of time to complete the review.  Who knows, without the "rush" to get the daily update posted, you might be able to write more in-depth on certain subjects. And you can still post each day once a day as if you were still on the cruise. I'm sure it'll be nice to relive the moments.

• Like 13

image.thumb.jpg.aef50258931b2194b8533b05f6a70d9e.jpg

One thing I keep forgetting to do is take pictures of the windjammer at breakfast. Right now it’s too crowded to do it effectively. I may try and get up early tomorrow when they first open to get some pictures.

All in all it’s great not having the big crowds. Also the fact that the crew serves you makes it more orderly. People are more patient to wait for their food. 
food has been very good. My favorite, crab avocado toast.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Relax. If you can't post until after returning home we will all still be here waiting.🙂

• Like 10

1C3265B2-8C14-43AB-81C0-D34EE19272C5.thumb.jpeg.62405a0939dc94b8c563bc383f2f26cb.jpeg

Why  am I not surprised? There is a line in front of the Zoom Internet Desk. Amazing how well the internet works by his desk. I did learn that they were having satellite issues yesterday which explains why I couldn’t even get on cruise critic. He said things got fixed around 9 am this morning. We’ll see I’m still somewhat skeptical. I think I will hold off uploading any videos and good photos till later when I get back to my Google Fiber at 980mbps.

Today coastal cruise to the pitons. Tonight  formal night in the MDR. 

Now a speed test.

• Like 9

Sounds like you ought to be asking for some money back, @Sea Dog. What you're experiencing is pretty much what I had on Adventure back in November 2019 and the problem was not finally resolved until just a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Supposedly they had technicians come on board when we ported in St. Martin and they were finally able to fix it.

I was refunded part of the package cost.

Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

1C3265B2-8C14-43AB-81C0-D34EE19272C5.thumb.jpeg.62405a0939dc94b8c563bc383f2f26cb.jpeg

Why  am I not surprised? There is a line in front of the Zoom Internet Desk. Amazing how well the internet works by his desk. I did learn that they were having satellite issues yesterday which explains why I couldn’t even get on cruise critic. He said things got fixed around 9 am this morning. We’ll see I’m still somewhat skeptical. I think I will hold off uploading any videos and good photos till later when I get back to my Google Fiber at 980mbps.

Today coastal cruise to the pitons. Tonight  formal night in the MDR. 

Now a speed test.

You should be going to Customer Service or the Zoom Internet Desk and getting at least 50% of your money back.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

No need to worry Greg, you are on holidays and we are lucky enough to have you bringing us along.🙂

• Like 8

On 11/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, Sea Dog said:

IMG_6345.thumb.jpg.43cbef09de1ebd3242c3256350990b28.jpg

WE ARE ALL NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the bar. I need a drink !

More later, Cheers! The Sea Dog.

Couple things as I'm catching up...

Congrats on retirement!!!

So sorry for the loss of your pup - I couldn't watch the video, but I love his smile!!

I was holding my breath waiting to see your negative test results so you can continue on the cruise!!

Yay!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Add me to the list Greg.  I know you really wanted to do a live review, but I think it's time to give it up and wait until you get home.  The frustration is not worth it.  Not your fault.  We've all been bitten by Royal technical problems of one sort or another.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 9

On 11/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, Sea Dog said:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3d8f.thumb.jpg.5dd82473c0b575783b06bd8ab4741e06.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of lunch at the WJ but here is dessert.

I skipped lunch today - So you are killing me with the pictures of the chocolate cake.  I'll pay you to smuggle me some cake off the ship!!  Lol...Looks like you guys are having a great trip so far.

• Like 1

@Sea Dog  The older ships with unreliable and slow internet obviously don't lend themselves to a live review.  You have to play with the hand that is dealt. I imagine, based on your earlier posts before you were on the skip, we are going to get blown away with your posts after you get home. WE have seen what you can do.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, Ocean Boy said:

That is not unusual for a southern itinerary fron San Juan.  When we did the southern on Serenade there was one sea day... the last day.

That is my favorite itinerary.  By the time last sea day rolls around...you are beat.  It gives you a reason to spend extra time in San Juan.  

• Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, Luckynana said:

Next time I get to Puerto Rico on a cruise, I'll have to take a ride there.  It's been 50 years since we were there;  happy to hear it's still there, and that you're saying it's still a great place!😉  Thank you, Bob.

We usually cruise out of San Juan and it was there right before the pandemic with still great reviews. We stayed at El Convento but I do remember passing it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, Luckynana said:

I believe drarill was stating that the umbrellas were there for diabetes awareness month...😉

I believe the umbrella's are there quite a bit.  They change it up.  When were were there in 2019, they have the Puerto Rican flag the first week of December.   Fortelezza St is known for the umbrellas though.

• Like 1

Look at it this way, when you make it home you are still going to be retired.  Catching us up will give you something to enjoy.  Also, once home don’t feel like you have to do it all in one day.  If you stretch it out a bit we will have more time to soak it all in.  Thanks again Greg and keep on enjoying this fun adventure with the family!

Looking forward to hear how you enjoyed Izumi.  I think it was my favorite on the last cruise.  I bet when you post the Chef’s it will tempt me to try it my next opportunity.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, abpplh said:

@seadog - wondering if you are still going to St Kitts.  We are going on the 12/23 sailing on Allure and we keep getting cacellation notices on excursions it St Kitts.

yes we are still going to be there Day 7. Our excursion was cancelled on us the 4x4 Safari and beach. Now we are doing Carambola Beach.

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Hang in Dog, we're patient too!

Thank you I am really excited to share all my stuff with you.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Enjoy your cruise Greg and only post when you can.

Thank you Graham. All my best wished to you.

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Sounds like you ought to be asking for some money back, @Sea Dog. What you're experiencing is pretty much what I had on Adventure back in November 2019 and the problem was not finally resolved until just a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Supposedly they had technicians come on board when we ported in St. Martin and they were finally able to fix it.

I was refunded part of the package cost.

Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

it will be interesting to see what they do. The internet seems to be working better. It’s just not set up to upload massive amounts of data.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You should be going to Customer Service or the Zoom Internet Desk and getting at least 50% of your money back.

He said he would take care of it. Not sure exactly what that means. We will see.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

No need to worry Greg, you are on holidays and we are lucky enough to have you bringing us along.🙂

thank you Andrew. It’s been an awesome cruise so far and I feel like it’s going way to fast.

3 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

Couple things as I'm catching up...

Congrats on retirement!!!

So sorry for the loss of your pup - I couldn't watch the video, but I love his smile!!

I was holding my breath waiting to see your negative test results so you can continue on the cruise!!

Yay!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

I can not tell you the stress I was feeling before the test even though I thought we would all test negative. The feeling afterwards was complete euphoria.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Add me to the list Greg.  I know you really wanted to do a live review, but I think it's time to give it up and wait until you get home.  The frustration is not worth it.  Not your fault.  We've all been bitten by Royal technical problems of one sort or another.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I promise to make it up to you. I have a picture I know you will enjoy ;>)

3 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

I skipped lunch today - So you are killing me with the pictures of the chocolate cake.  I'll pay you to smuggle me some cake off the ship!!  Lol...Looks like you guys are having a great trip so far.

That desert is killer! The only thing better was the desert at the Che’s table. Stay tuned.

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

@Sea Dog  The older ships with unreliable and slow internet obviously don't lend themselves to a live review.  You have to play with the hand that is dealt. I imagine, based on your earlier posts before you were on the skip, we are going to get blown away with your posts after you get home. WE have seen what you can do.

I guess after the good internet arrive I had on Harmony I naively thought it would be the same on Explorer.

1 hour ago, jmklade said:

That is my favorite itinerary.  By the time last sea day rolls around...you are beat.  It gives you a reason to spend extra time in San Juan.  

The thing is originally the last day was a sea day. Now it’s a port stop. No sea days at all.

56 minutes ago, jmklade said:

We usually cruise out of San Juan and it was there right before the pandemic with still great reviews. We stayed at El Convento but I do remember passing it.

I need to look into El Convento. Several people on this cruise rave about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1