Diamond & Platinum Not great

ALWAYS CRUZIN

Guest BasicSailor
18 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Water, we can lug it to the cabin but still that was a good perk to have it already in the cabin

Here's the thin line no one has brought to the table yet. If you'll notice on some ships your having to sign for those free water bottles and other benefits offered . Also notice there is an option for tipping as well. That's right it's starting to hit home for a few posters here as well. You now have the option to tip for what was normally placed in the room. Carnival has figured out a way to add to the tipping pool for your free gift, and you have to do the leg work to get it . So there has already been a change made to the loyalty program slipped right in the program .I really don't see it reverting back to what it was in the past. 

31 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Here's the thin line no one has brought to the table yet. If you'll notice on some ships your having to sign for those free water bottles and other benefits offered . Also notice there is an option for tipping as well. That's right it's starting to hit home for a few posters here as well. You now have the option to tip for what was normally placed in the room. Carnival has figured out a way to add to the tipping pool for your free gift, and you have to do the leg work to get it . So there has already been a change made to the loyalty program slipped right in the program .I really don't see it reverting back to what it was in the past. 

I had multiple incidents with dining and gave them a low rating on feedback. Taken alone no biggie but way too many. Your comment about signing for water brought one to mind I'd forgotten about. They brought a large bottle of water to my dinner table and i said no thanks, I'd like a Pepsi. I said again no thanks. Before I could leave I had to sign a slip zeroing out the bottle of water. I told the waiter he was being too pushy and I shouldn't have had to sign for a refund for a bottle of water.

Same 5 days for brunch I ordered double bacon and got 2 tiny pieces. I said to her I asked for double bacon. I expected her to say oh ok I'll get some, but in front of a whole shared table she insisted that I had received a double order of bacon. When she said that the whole table cracked up. Became the joke for b2bers from then on, oh you got double bacon. She also had many orders wrong. It took a hour, just was mixed up orders and confusion. Everyone at the table could see those teensy pieces of bacon. Good thing you got double or they have to cut the piece in half another said. 

Anyway ... my bottle of water they tried to force on me after I said no thanks politely they charged it to my account and I had to sign for not wanting it. Dining service needed a lot of training imo. Didnt affect my cruise but some acted like they never waited tables before. It wasn't just about perks. Service was poor. 

Edited by firefly333

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I had multiple incidents with dining and gave them a low rating on feedback. Taken alone no biggie but way too many. Your comment about signing for water brought one to mind I'd forgotten about. They brought a large bottle of water to my dinner table and i said no thanks, I'd like a Pepsi. I said again no thanks. Before I could leave I had to sign a slip zeroing out the bottle of water. I told the waiter he was being too pushy and I shouldn't have had to sign for a refund for a bottle of water.

Same 5 days for brunch I ordered double bacon and got 2 tiny pieces. I said to her I asked for double bacon. I expected her to say oh ok I'll get some, but in front of a whole shared table she insisted that I had received a double order of bacon. When she said that the whole table cracked up. Became the joke for b2bers from then on, oh you got double bacon. She also had many orders wrong. It took a hour, just was mixed up orders and confusion. Everyone at the table could see those teensy pieces of bacon. Good thing you got double or they have to cut the piece in half another said. 

Anyway ... my bottle of water they tried to force on me after I said no thanks politely they charged it to my account and I had to sign for not wanting it. Dining service needed a lot of training imo. Didnt affect my cruise but some acted like they never waited tables before. It wasn't just about perks. Service was poor. 

Uh oh, I am afraid to ask you which ship you were on. I am getting on the Breeze next Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Uh oh, I am afraid to ask you which ship you were on. I am getting on the Breeze next Saturday. 

Yep was breeze. Both my cabin stewards were great. And having 7 mostly unrelated people at a shared order I'm sure was difficult for her. Guy next to me his medium rare brunch steak was burnt and his eggs over cooked. Next lady probably got his as hers was rare and red and she ordered well done. They werent related and had cut into their food and eaten some so couldnt change.

17 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Give me a break. Crowds due to Covid. So very incorrect. The lounge had one person in it. Where is the over crowding. The very, very long line. As I stated 1-1/2 hours to board. That is where the crowding is. The person in and out of my state room would be one person the same one cleaning it. He brings the water and delivers the ships pin and gift. No additional people at all. As for the delivery You do not need to be there. They will walk in and deliver it. So guess you are incorrect there also. Guess a stupid excuse is better than none at all.

I was just repeating what was said by John Heald.

If there were long lines, its because people showed up before they were supposed to. 

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yep was breeze. Both my cabin stewards were great. And having 7 mostly unrelated people at a shared order I'm sure was difficult for her. Guy next to me his medium rare brunch steak was burnt and his eggs over cooked. Next lady probably got his as hers was rare and red and she ordered well done. They werent related and had cut into their food and eaten some so couldnt change.

I figure there are lots of inexperienced people. I would not have been happy about the water incident. I have never had a large bottle of water brought to me without asking. 

When we were on the Vista at brunch, I requested double crispy bacon and my husband did as well. I got two pieces of limp raw(to me) and hubby got none. The waiter insisted hubs did not order any. My eggs were hard as rocks (not even close to over easy). However, I did get the rye toast.

The Vista cruise is why I had canceled all cruises thru end of the year, RCL & CCL)

I had a weak moment when I rcvd one of those cheaper promos. Not a $25 but did get a better price than normal.

Edited by EmmasNana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

It’s a bar receipt, they all have options to tip.  I agree the perks are weak but this is reading way to far into the change.  

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm also in the category of I wouldnt be booking carnival again soon or recommending them. We had some dining issues and the only reason I went to brunch or Mdr was because I wanted bacon for breakfast and cant always get it in the buffet. More cost cutting. I filled out my cruise reviews so they know. I paid more for vista inside than my aft corner on rcl so price is no incentive, I'm not on their lower promo price list. I'd booked a year ahead is the only reason I kept my expensive vista. 

I'm on the list I want bacon with my eggs. ..I didnt ask for my strawberries, or bottle of water. 

We are Platinum with Carnival and believe they are using a way to cut cost by stating the shortage of bacon with one day this and one day that  Just recently returned from MSC Divina, they had bacon EVERYDAY in the buffet or MDR and plenty of bacons too.  MSC is not as large company as Carnival but they could get bacon then Carnival should be able too.  It is Carnival excuses.

Carnival is getting too expensive for our taste.  Our upcoming December cruise on Harmony of the Seas is half expensive as Carnival Mardi Grass in April next year.  It is something wrong here.  

MSC matches your status for Black Card (elite from princess) we got a free dinner/sparking wine & macarons/chocolate ship (solid chocolate).  These we would never get from Carnival or other lines.

Edited by ChattTenn

19 hours ago, pcrum said:

That is exactly what we have done. Once we reached platinum on Carnival we discovered NCL and Celebrity and have never looked back.  Recently compared a Celebrity Cruise with drinks and tips included to a Carnival sailing the same time adding in Cheers and tips and Celebrity was less expensive.  I don't see a Carnival cruise in our future unless they go to the all inclusive model. 

My upcoming Carnival cruise is $650 on the Panorama. The comparable NCL cruise was $1650, and Celebrity was $1950. There is no amount of water bottles, rushing to the room, or other trivial things that are worth that difference.

I love me some bacon, but still not going to dish out $1000 more for the dreams of unlimited bacon. The supply chains are all screwed up because of the nonsense we unleashed onto ourselves. For companies still losing billions of dollars, they are trying to stop the bleeding of wasting pounds of expensive foods on wasteful slobs.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The OP has missed the point - we are in the age of Covid and bringing extra people into the cabin to deliver our free water, free chocolate covered strawberries, etc is good sense. I don't want a lot of people coming into my cabin during a cruise now possibly brining germs with them. We have been on two Carnival Magic cruises since August, just debarked from one yesterday, and knowing we as Platinums couldn't go to our cabin upon embarkation was not a big deal - I selected a later arrival time so when we had finished lunch, the cabins were all available. The once a day cabin cleaning is no big deal  Going to a bar to pick up our free water was not a big deal either. Yes, it used to be nice to have all these things, but we have a pandemic going on that won't quit soon, so we just live with the changes instead of griping about them.  In the big scheme of things happening in our world today, these little "inconveniences" are of no consequence. It's not a point of Carnival saving money, it's a health safety thing and I'm all for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

The OP has missed the point - we are in the age of Covid and bringing extra people into the cabin to deliver our free water, free chocolate covered strawberries, etc is good sense. I don't want a lot of people coming into my cabin during a cruise now possibly brining germs with them. We have been on two Carnival Magic cruises since August, just debarked from one yesterday, and knowing we as Platinums couldn't go to our cabin upon embarkation was not a big deal - I selected a later arrival time so when we had finished lunch, the cabins were all available. The once a day cabin cleaning is no big deal  Going to a bar to pick up our free water was not a big deal either. Yes, it used to be nice to have all these things, but we have a pandemic going on that won't quit soon, so we just live with the changes instead of griping about them.  In the big scheme of things happening in our world today, these little "inconveniences" are of no consequence. It's not a point of Carnival saving money, it's a health safety thing and I'm all for it.

I think you missed as the cabin steward used to set it in your cabin, no one else had to enter your cabin. Its keeps you no safer than the old way of your cabin steward leaving these things in your cabin. Are you newly up a level and dont remember it used to be your cabin steward? 

No bother to me either. I didnt care if I didnt get these things. It was the bacon and other things I minded. Someone above said they booked for 650. My offers are higher for 7 days. It's about money. If other lines are cheaper for same category then I'll do that. 

13 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

The biggest and best perk that I receive, and will continue to receive, is the ability to afford a fun cruise without breaking the bank.  I don't need any special perks.  If I want them, I'll buy them. SMH at the entitlement. 

THIS!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tree.critter said:

There are so many platinum guests now on every cruise that I think it is just getting close to breaking point with priority boarding. I foresee leaving the option to book check in times early for platinum guests but reducing the priority boarding to diamond and suite guests only. 

We all know that they have to review these benefits from time to time and this could be on the chopping block.  

Just got off a cruise with 1200 guests, over 500 of them platinum and diamond. Can’t give priority boarding to nearly half the passengers. 

Business 101, don't give away something, even if it costs you nothing, if folks are eager and willing to pay a premium for it. Sounds like paid FTTF was/is a smart business move, especially considering reduced capacity and needing to generate revenue. Priority can still be priority, even if you aren't at the very front of the line of those willing to pay extra to be there.     

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

My upcoming Carnival cruise is $650 on the Panorama. The comparable NCL cruise was $1650, and Celebrity was $1950. There is no amount of water bottles, rushing to the room, or other trivial things that are worth that difference.

I love me some bacon, but still not going to dish out $1000 more for the dreams of unlimited bacon. The supply chains are all screwed up because of the nonsense we unleashed onto ourselves. For companies still losing billions of dollars, they are trying to stop the bleeding of wasting pounds of expensive foods on wasteful slobs.

Nailed that! Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

Just a heads up too- we opened the cabin hall doors to run back and drop our bags early, only to discover a bunch of other P&Ds doing the same thing. The cabin stewards seemed completely unconcerned or unsurprised by that. 

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

17 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The plates are suppose to be per Diamond/Platinum member in the cabin. Not one plate per cabin. Some of you have been getting ripped off :).

I did not know that. Next Carnival cruise will be our 50th. NEVER received more than one.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

If you are platinum then you should know that prices vary widely and there is no way to make that blanket statement. While I haven't gotten any offers for the really cheap cruises (that seem to be only for gamblers anyway), I just booked a Thanksgiving week 7 day cruise in a balcony room for less than $600.00. Not all ships and all dates are higher than ever. But, to each his own - if you don't feel like you are receiving the value for your dollar being spent, then by all means you should move on - I certainly would.

Prices are higher than before the pandemic.. You are not correct. Yes you can get a good deal now and them but not like 2 years ago. Your $600.00 is a good deal. That is all I am saying. 

17 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

So did you ignore the paper on your desk when you arrived in your room that had a QR code to scan that was titled "VIFP Benefits"? 

I do not have an iphone. What the heck is wrong with a sheet of paper or the room steward telling you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Prices are higher than before the pandemic.. You are not correct. Yes you can get a good deal now and them but not like 2 years ago. Your $600.00 is a good deal. That is all I am saying. 

Prices are lower now than before the pandemic. They are lucky to even be hitting 50% occupancy by giving away staterooms for free or a nominal $50 total per person for 5 nights with a drink package included.

Edited by xDisconnections

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Then you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fact that it took 90 minutes for you to board.  You were able to check in 16 days prior, giving you a 2 day lead.  If you checked in at midnight, YOU could have picked the 1030-1100 slot.  If you did that, it certainly would not have taken 90 minutes.

And regarding not knowing about the new protocols regarding the acquisition of the physical "perks" that go along with your status, you obviously have not been perusing the boards since this has been mentioned for months now and you must of missed the QR code scan in your cabin as well that had all of the new protocols listed.

You are totally incorrect. We have used that time will all of our cruises and NEVER had this happen. The person said we should get their about 9:00AM or 3:00PM Again. We are Diamond and expected Priority board. 

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Then you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fact that it took 90 minutes for you to board.  You were able to check in 16 days prior, giving you a 2 day lead.  If you checked in at midnight, YOU could have picked the 1030-1100 slot.  If you did that, it certainly would not have taken 90 minutes.

And regarding not knowing about the new protocols regarding the acquisition of the physical "perks" that go along with your status, you obviously have not been perusing the boards since this has been mentioned for months now and you must of missed the QR code scan in your cabin as well that had all of the new protocols listed.

Agreed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You are totally incorrect. We have used that time will all of our cruises and NEVER had this happen. The person said we should get their about 9:00AM or 3:00PM Again. We are Diamond and expected Priority board. 

Change happens. Now you know.

Terms and conditions of the program. In particular, members should read section 3.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I do not have an iphone. What the heck is wrong with a sheet of paper or the room steward telling you.

Did you ask the room steward? I'm sure they would have told you.

Paper is a waste of time and money and often the good gets tossed with the sale papers.

• Like 1