Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

Yes, create a Navica account.  The account you set up with eMed is just for ordering purposes.  So, I had an eMed account as I bought the tests; my husband did not need an eMed account to take his test.  You both need separate Navica accounts.  When you are ready to take a test go to eMed and click Take a Test and it will take you through the steps.  And proctors are available 24/7 including holidays.

• Thanks 1

Just picked up 4 Abbott BinaxNOW Covid kits at nearby library in Ohio, free. Same exact kits that I paid $99 for 3 kits for our November 13 th cruise.   Expiration date is 11-13-2021, plus the 90 days extension, will expire in February 13 , 2022. Easy to use.  I schedule a late day Walgreens or CVS as a backup!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ev8876 said:

Do you need to make an appointment with eMed for the Celebrity ordered at home test kits?  Or do you just create an account and log in at anytime?  Is it available 24/7?  Thanks.

I called yesterday to EMed 8669551173 and verified they are 24X7 including holidays. There will be a wait of up to 30 minutes i believe, so if you have multiple test takers, you could call simultaneously.  

On 11/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, paulabr said:

Does anyone know if you could do a practice test as we ordered the 6 pack 2 weeks before you leave, just so you know how to do it right?? 

you tube has several instructional videos from people who have done it for cruises. 

On 12/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, swsf99a said:

Just picked up 4 Abbott BinaxNOW Covid kits at nearby library in Ohio, free. Same exact kits that I paid $99 for 3 kits for our November 13 th cruise.   Expiration date is 11-13-2021, plus the 90 days extension, will expire in February 13 , 2022. Easy to use.  I schedule a late day Walgreens or CVS as a backup!!

The unproctored home tests are not accepted.  Emed will not proctor the tests unless bought through them.  Ones available locally here are not the AG tests, while they are packaged and you take them similarly they are not suitable for Cruise or Airline travel test requirements.

If you want to "practice" before taking the proctored test I'd say these would be a cheaper way of getting familiar with the test procedure.  Locally here they are available at Walmart for $14 for a 2 pack.

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, Rblum100 said:

Is Covid pre-test required for ALL Celebrity Cruises?  We have reservations for 14 Jan on Constellation and not a peep about Covid pretests.   Are we missing something?

Yep, they are required.  You should go read the Healthy at Sea procedures and protocols.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The unproctored home tests are not accepted.  Emed will not proctor the tests unless bought through them.  Ones available locally here are not the AG tests, while they are packaged and you take them similarly they are not suitable for Cruise or Airline travel test requirements.

If you want to "practice" before taking the proctored test I'd say these would be a cheaper way of getting familiar with the test procedure.  Locally here they are available at Walmart for $14 for a 2 pack.

You should go back and read the posts at the end of page 6 and the beginning of page 7.  They are the same tests that you can but from Emed only Ohio is giving them out for free.  After reading some of the description it appears they use the proctored tests so the person has evidence for school or work.

17 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You should go back and read the posts at the end of page 6 and the beginning of page 7.  They are the same tests that you can but from Emed only Ohio is giving them out for free.  After reading some of the description it appears they use the proctored tests so the person has evidence for school or work.

I read somewhere that Virginia may also providing them for free but cannot verify until we get home from our current cruise. 

On 12/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Sorry but you are wrong. The BinaxNow Covid -19 home test kits given out in Ohio  are proctored and you do recieve an email of the results. Ohio provides these kits in Libraries and schools.  My daughter was given 4 per family of these test kits at the beginning of the school year.  I used one to test and entered my Navica account/password  and recieved the email result which I printed off. I do not know what Walmart sells or what other states do, but they work in Ohio !!  The kits I got at the library are exactly like the ones I bought from Celebrity/Optum.

Just now, econprofessor said:

Hi,

I have read all the posts, but am still a bit confused.  I am sailing on January 2.  The Walgreens near where I am staying offers both ID Now and BianaxNOW.  Which one do I need to get?

Sorry, that should have read BinaxNOW.

FWIW, I just received tests that I ordered from Emed yesterday morning.  They seem to have used up all of their old stock.  My kit was manufactured on 12/3/2021 with a posted expiration date of 10/13/2022.  If you add 3 months to this date, the tests look like they are good until January 13, 2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I originally was going to use the online option but then decided to stay in Lauderdale for 4 days before the cruise.  Then I found 2 test facilities, not far from the cruise port, that are open every day.  Both offer fast antigen results in under 30 minutes.  One will take appointments and other is strictly first come, first served.  $89 for one and only $49 for the other.  I see no point in the do-it-yourself approach now.  We will test ourselves before we leave home, just to make sure.  

2 minutes ago, johnasmith99 said:

I originally was going to use the online option but then decided to stay in Lauderdale for 4 days before the cruise.  Then I found 2 test facilities, not far from the cruise port, that are open every day.  Both offer fast antigen results in under 30 minutes.  One will take appointments and other is strictly first come, first served.  $89 for one and only $49 for the other.  I see no point in the do-it-yourself approach now.  We will test ourselves before we leave home, just to make sure.  

Glad these options work for you.  Hopefully they don't cancel your appointments or fill to capacity with Omicron.  The proctored tests aren't difficult and I know I can do them in my hotel.

8 hours ago, swsf99a said:

Sorry but you are wrong. The BinaxNow Covid -19 home test kits given out in Ohio  are proctored and you do recieve an email of the results. Ohio provides these kits in Libraries and schools.  My daughter was given 4 per family of these test kits at the beginning of the school year.  I used one to test and entered my Navica account/password  and recieved the email result which I printed off. I do not know what Walmart sells or what other states do, but they work in Ohio !!  The kits I got at the library are exactly like the ones I bought from Celebrity/Optum.

Sorry.  The kits being given out around here are the home test kits.   All I really said was that the unproctored tests were not accepted.   If the tests you got are the same as the Optum ones they should be BinaxNow Covid -19 AG

Edited by wrk2cruise

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

..All I really said was that the unproctored tests were not accepted...

Actually, what you said was...

On 12/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, wrk2cruise said:

..Emed will not proctor the tests unless bought through them...

...which is incorrect. You can buy them from Emed, Optum or get them from a library in Ohio or other states that offer them.

• Like 1