Laundry in Concierge class.

tipsygirl

3 bags are a nice feature if you don’t mind the restrictions….3 day turnaround and cannot use near the end of the cruise.  I pay to send my laundry out….next day return, pressed and on hangers.  I am on vacation.  I don’t want to spend time doing my own laundry.  Many people like using the laundry facilities for quicker results.  It’s convenient and free

• Like 2

We use a mix of both;  if it is a hot weather cruise, we don't always want to wait for turnaround time.  Laundry room is very convenient however, avoid it on sea days as it tends to be very crowded. If we have been on a pre-cruise stay, we often pop into the laundry room as soon as our luggage arrives in our stateroom. Nice to have choice of both.

• Like 1

I suppose the free laundry feature in my PH won’t help me much. I always wash everything on delicate cycle and air/line dry. My new colorful, cotton  T-shirts would shrink in the dryer! I never dry anything in the dryer except socks and unmentionables.

• Like 2

We haven't used the service because of 3 day turn around. Ridiculously long IMO. Basically, if you brought enough clothes you can go three days not having half of them in your possession, then you probably don't need to worry about laundry in the first place. We are on back to back cruises and really couldn't use it due to not being able to go 3 days without our clothes. 

7 minutes ago, VAisforcruising said:

We haven't used the service because of 3 day turn around. Ridiculously long IMO. Basically, if you brought enough clothes you can go three days not having half of them in your possession, then you probably don't need to worry about laundry in the first place. We are on back to back cruises and really couldn't use it due to not being able to go 3 days without our clothes. 

Best used for longer cruises...14 days plus...particularly if one has a 5 or 6 or more day pre-cruise land trip.  We found that works well for us.

Edited by 1985rz1

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I suppose the free laundry feature in my PH won’t help me much. I always wash everything on delicate cycle and air/line dry. My new colorful, cotton  T-shirts would shrink in the dryer! I never dry anything in the dryer except socks and unmentionables.

On our Windstar cruises I put a note on the laundry slip and asked for cold water and hang dry (I have some bright colorful things that I didn't want to shrink) and they always came back in great shape. Of course on Windstar you get things back the next day on hangers 😄

We will be on our first Oceania cruise in January 2023 and will definitely need laundry service but the 3 day turnaround sounds like a long time regardless...

10 minutes ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

On our Windstar cruises I put a note on the laundry slip and asked for cold water and hang dry (I have some bright colorful things that I didn't want to shrink) and they always came back in great shape. Of course on Windstar you get things back the next day on hangers 😄

We will be on our first Oceania cruise in January 2023 and will definitely need laundry service but the 3 day turnaround sounds like a long time regardless...

Remember the 3-day turnaround is for the free laundry bags.  Paid laundry is either same day or next day...I don't remember which.

• Like 1

We just got off our cruise this week. We used the laundry service once and thought maybe because the ship was only half full it would be quicker turn around. But no - 3 full days, so not very useful on a 7 day cruise since you can't use it at the end of the cruise. However,  we did laundry twice in the laundry room. Such a great feature and really easy. However, my husband went to pick up the stuff in the dryer and got accosted by other people asking him if it was really his stuff. They weren't kidding. When he sarcastically answered "no, I just like to take other people's laundry" they got defensive and said they have seen it happen. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lorimay said:

However, my husband went to pick up the stuff in the dryer and got accosted by other people asking him if it was really his stuff. They weren't kidding. When he sarcastically answered "no, I just like to take other people's laundry" they got defensive and said they have seen it happen. 

That is amusing

wonder where these people come from LOL

DH sometimes picks up the stuff from the dryer never had people question him

Maybe these are the "NEW"  Oceania laundry attendants  😄

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Remember the 3-day turnaround is for the free laundry bags.  Paid laundry is either same day or next day...I don't remember which.

Oceania's sometimes has a bureaucratic mean streak that can permeate the way they do business. LIkely that even though passenger loads are down and it would be easy for them to provide faster than 3 day service, likely they intentionally hold "free" laundry so as to not discourage folks paying for laundry.

5 minutes ago, edgee said:

Oceania's sometimes has a bureaucratic mean streak that can permeate the way they do business. LIkely that even though passenger loads are down and it would be easy for them to provide faster than 3 day service, likely they intentionally hold "free" laundry so as to not discourage folks paying for laundry.

Actually, when we used the free laundry, we got our laundry back in two days or less, in spite of their 3-day caution.  I don't know if we were just lucky or the 3-day turnaround is only a CYA.  But we never tried within 3 days of disembarking.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:52 PM, Ski Mom 2 said:

Windstar laundry is amazing. They pay attention and never say no to any requests.  Best part is that most of the time the laundry is returned very quickly.  Out by 9 am, it comes back that afternoon.  Windstar unlimited laundry package is a great deal.  Would love it if Oceania offered unlimited service.  Oceania laundry service is good. However, don’t expect special treatment. If you are particular about washing, don’t use the send out service.  Need space to hang items to dry, the tub area is good.  

• Like 1

The name of the game is to EXCEED EXPECTATIONS, so what is wrong with a 3 day turn around?  We are on Riviera now and our laundry was back in less than two days.  I do not believe they are sitting on your laundry to make the 3 day turn around, JMHO. 
Since the laundry facilities are on each floor on O Class ships and are FREE, it is pretty easy to drop a load of unmentionables in the washer/dryer and get it done, especially if we don’t have time to wait. 

CIAO,

Mauibabes

• Like 3

On 11/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, VAisforcruising said:

We haven't used the service because of 3 day turn around. Ridiculously long IMO.

Agree. =X= is 24 hours.  Good thing since they have no launderette, which we used several times on a 16 day cruise on Regatta.

Currently on the Marina and turned laundry in Saturday night and was back Monday by 8AM....very fast turn around and everything was returned in perfect shape...over 700 on the boat and 7 days into the cruise so about the time lots of laundry is being turned in..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the Marina now, sent laundry #1 out, returned in 2 days with shirts returned on hangers, sent 2nd bag out yesterday, expect it tomorrow, but what does it matter? Enjoyed ironing a few pieces when first on board, why not? 🧺 It’s all a part of settling in…

On 11/12/2021 at 8:35 AM, PhD-iva said:

Ditto. Learned a long time--after having a number of things ruined, by various cruise lines, that it doesn't matter whether you say "cold water, hang dry" they will ignore those requests. DH once got his swimtrunks back ironed...our fault, I suppose, for not just hanging them over the tub, but still. Free pressing is also taking a chance with what they actually do. And being in a suite doesn't matter either, unless the butler personally does your laundry (as used to be the case on Celebrity but no longer).