Canadians: RCI onboard testing prior to disembarking

Tracy Po

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

You've obviously never cruised during "Canada week" as I call it.  It's VERY obvious that you're on a ship full of Canucks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they outnumbered the Americans that week.  

I am one of those Canadians who sails during "Canada week" (which I assume is Ontario March Break week); I'm just curious about how you know who is Canadian and who isn't.

Is it the plaid?

It's totally the plaid, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Tracy Po said:

I am one of those Canadians who sails during "Canada week" (which I assume is Ontario March Break week); I'm just curious about how you know who is Canadian and who isn't.

Is it the plaid?

It's totally the plaid, isn't it?

-Wool socks and thongs

-people insist on you going ahead of them in line

-a crowd of women speaking French and cackling in the smoking section

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tracy Po said:

LOL, how is it obvious? A shipload of people endlessly apologizing to each other??? 😁

3 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Eh?

I lived in Michigan for 50+ years... trust me, we can tell! 

Between the "eh" and the "aboot" and the accent in general, not to mention all the pasty white skin and hockey discussions... yes, it's obvious.  

Ask @Ourusualbeach -- he's been on 'em, and I'm sure he recognizes his countrymen/women/kids the same as I do.

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I lived in Michigan for 50+ years... trust me, we can tell! 

Between the "eh" and the "aboot" and the accent in general, not to mention all the pasty white skin and hockey discussions... yes, it's obvious.  

Ask @Ourusualbeach -- he's been on 'em, and I'm sure he recognizes his countrymen/women/kids the same as I do.

image.png.c7f655046f5542ca95f0e9d1714b22de.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 3:31 PM, Tracy Po said:

Yes, we will indeed be going on the Anthem, in March; still hoping Canada will change the policy and will allow antigen test results for re-entry by then, but it's good to know we won't have to hang out in New York State for two or three days while we await the results.

And thanks for the reminder about ArriveCan. I forgot about that.

Wow, that's cutting it close! But what a quick turnaround!

What is the fee for the test pp?

We are also scheduled on Anthem in March. March 20 sailing. I can’t wait. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hbboers said:

Hi

I just followed a link on RCCL that goes to a testing site that does antigen tests at the pier on boarding day..  At the bottom of the page they are booking PCR test at debarkation for $205.

Hope this does not mean no tests onboard?

Here is the link

https://covlc.gomeyra.cloud/services/tests

Post 75 on this thread reassured me as it is still written that it is being conducted onboard .  I saw it on my reservation via the RCL app.

I hope that it does not switch to debarkation at our own cost as $205 US per person. It really has to be a last resort as it is a major hit on the cruising budget.  Plus, the exchange rate too 😞 

I am not against a test to come home however I wish the Canadian Gov would accept an antigen and I had my fingers crossed yesterday with the announcements but nope, no change

On 11/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, A&L_Ont said:

We too have seen high numbers of Canadians during March break, especially on Oasis Class ships. 

I guess one advantage for us this year, our flight home is to Detroit. If we don’t have our results until we are ready to cross in Port Huron at 3/4pm.  If we don’t by then, there might be an issue. I guess we could always get one in Port Huron if needed. At least we aren’t flying right into Toronto and need it prior to boarding the flight in MIA. 

My mother-in-law and father-in-law just got of the Symphony yesterday.  They said their test was at 3 pm on the last sea day.

We almost always fly into Detroit, but not this year.  I managed to book flights into London for $264 each with West Jet, through Toronto with only 80 minute wait between flights.  Pretty good for the March break week and I think it leaves FLL at 1:30 as well, so we lucked out.  Never flown West Jet before and never have flown in or out of London airport, so it is exciting.

Edited by Russ Lomas
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

My mother-in-law and father-in-law just got of the Symphony yesterday.  They said their test was at 3 pm on the last sea day.

We almost always fly into Detroit, but not this year.  I managed to book flights into London for $264 each with West Jet, through Toronto with only 80 minute wait between flights.  Pretty good for the March break week and I think it leaves FLL at 1:30 as well, so we lucked out.  Never flown West Jet before and never have flown in or out of London airport, so it is exciting.

London airport works great when the flights fall into place like this. The price you paid, even better.

Hopefully the in-laws enjoyed their cruise. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:17 PM, cruzincanuck said:

I noticed it yesterday too.  I am glad that cruisers are confirming that it is still being offered however I really wish we could see it in writing again.  

If you go into the RC app, for your sailing, click on Health,  and you will see it under "Departure Testing"

Also found it on the attached PDF

RTS_FAQs.pdf

I'm on Symphony 18th and 23rd Dec. Just got an update for international cruisers.

spacer.gif
There are now more ways to complete your COVID-19 pre-cruise test. We’ve partnered with various providers to help satisfy this CDC requirement. Whichever option you choose, keep in mind that pre-cruise testing costs are guests' responsibility and are paid directly to the provider. Visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health to learn more about testing and travel requirements for your cruise.

NOTE: These test options are for guests in the U.S. — international guests can use them only once they have arrived in the U.S. 
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
👍👍👍👍👍 Test anywhere with At-Home Kits
  • Pros: Order a kit and complete your video-supervised test right at home. Results in as little as 15 minutes.
  • Cons: For vaccinated guests only. We recommend ordering a week before you need it. Only ships within U.S.
  • Price: 2 tests for $69.99 USD; 3 tests for $99.99 USD.

The Verdict: Great option. Fast results, flexible, works with your schedule. Order your test kit at RoyalCaribbean.com/HomeTestKit
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
👍👍👍👍 Go with your own local test provider
  • Pros: Secure test at local pharmacy, lab, public test site, or doctor's office. Available to guests 2 years & older. 
  • Cons: Can be hard to find. Results could be delayed.
  • Price: Usually free.

The Verdict: Cost effective and you'll know your results before traveling to your cruise. See what types of tests are accepted.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
👍👍👍 Boarding Day Test at port (Limited Capacity) 
  • Pros: A last option if you simply can't find a pre-cruise test or could not secure results in time.
  • Cons: For vaccinated guests only. Limited availability by appointment only. Wait up to an hour for results outside of terminal. Positive result unknown until boarding day.
  • Price: Starts at $99 USD per person.

The Verdict: Search out other options first, and if no luck, schedule your appointment 30 minutes prior to sailing check-in time, 24 hours in advance.

14 hours ago, Backstage Traveler said:

Does anyone know if we can still do PCR tests onboard prior to disembarkation?

The website suddenly no longers mentions being able to do these, and it is not mentioned in the app either...

Also wanting to know this. Given the latest testing changes for flying back to the UK (I know it could change again before January!) we'd need a test onboard prior to flying home. Hoping this is still offered.

20 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Also wanting to know this. Given the latest testing changes for flying back to the UK (I know it could change again before January!) we'd need a test onboard prior to flying home. Hoping this is still offered.

We are also in the same situation.  I was able to see on the Royal app that it still stated it was offered a couple of weeks ago and when I checked last night,  the phrase was no longer there.  The hoops to get to a cruise and back safely are getting numerous.   Test for the flight and cruise (doing 1 to cover both), test for the flight home and test when we land in Canada.   I realize that the health protocols are apt to change frequently.  We are doing our best to plan and revise when needed but we are starting to get close to our cruise and one thing I counting on was  Royal helps us by conducting the last day the PCR test we need.

I am hoping that recent cruisers can confirm that they have had the test done onboard and I invite others as they to come back and confirm.

Happy Holidays to all

Sent email last evening, to a contact in Royal's Head office with whom I have had previous correspondence, enquiring if the PCR testing is still being done on board for cruisers who must fly to areas outside the USA. Will post reply when received.

53 minutes ago, JR_Angus said:

Sent email last evening, to a contact in Royal's Head office with whom I have had previous correspondence, enquiring if the PCR testing is still being done on board for cruisers who must fly to areas outside the USA. Will post reply when received.

Just got off Symphony yesterday and flew to YUL. Had onboard test for free on Day 6 (Thursday). Results that evening via email. On the last night (Friday) received paper copies. Downloaded to ArriveCan app. Testing took about 20 minutes and very organized. Booked test on day we embarked.

Edited by Chickadees
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chickadees said:

Just got off Symphony yesterday and flew to YUL. Had onboard test for free on Day 6 (Thursday). Results that evening via email. On the last night (Friday) received paper copies. Downloaded to ArriveCan app. Testing took about 20 minutes and very organized. Booked test on day we embarked.

That is awesome to hear, thanks!

I just got off the Allure last Saturday (11/27) after being on board for 4 sailings.  We booked our PCR test to return home using a QR code which we got from desk services.  We could pick from a variety of times.  I believe they started at 8:30 and ended at 11:30.  We got the test Friday morning for a Saturday departure.  Our appt was at 11:20.  I think we had the results by 2.