Azamara Quest

panda5

I use a similar hanging toiletry bag with pockets on the hook in the bathroom door.  I like to be neat and not have a lot of junk on surfaces for the cabin attendant to have to move around to clean!

I do miss the long desk that used to be in club continents…..before renovation.  I found it very useful.

• Like 1

Travelling as a solo passenger I have no problem whatsoever  with space and storage  in the Continent suite or the Spa suite.  Plentiful   storage even for  two.  There has never been any clutter around my suite,  I do not like  to have clutter especially when staff have to come in and try to clean around it,  their job is hard enough as it is.

I love the walk in shower as opposed to the combo in the continent suite,  much better than climbing into the tub, especially with me being 5 foot one inch!  Having the Spa Suite tub  was a novelty but took too long to fill. Would never go for the spa suite again, too over rated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am a little late to this “party,” but my husband and I did a Veranda plus on Quest in Oct-Nov 2021. The specialty dining and complimentary spirits were mentioned earlier. Also included was 120 minutes of internet and one bag of laundry per seven days. I don’t think the upcharge for Veranda plus is worth the extra amenities. We gave away the liquor to members of the crew, the “laundry bag” was no larger than a shoe bag and the specialty dining was not that special to me. The 120 minutes of internet was nice for times at sea.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just to say, the laundry bag may be small, but you can get a lot into it if you roll everything up.

We’ve booked a Veranda Plus for our May 23 cruise because we wanted to try an aft veranda cabin.

I can kind of understand the upcharge for those aft cabins, but not for the ordinary veranda cabins they are calling Plus

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I can kind of understand the upcharge for those aft cabins, but not for the ordinary veranda cabins they are calling Plus

It’s the same as Celebrity with Aqua Class give perceived added value to cabins that customers would normally avoid booking. We all know that you have to be careful booking deck 8 cabins (and suites) to avoid noise from above.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, manc said:

There is little noise in deck 8 cabins. 15 cruises and the only sound is slight movement when setting up Windows for breakfast  

Unfortunately not our experience some are great, the ones under the patio aren’t and it’s hit and miss re some under windows. The ones under the spa and pool bar are fine. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately not our experience some are great, the ones under the patio aren’t and it’s hit and miss re some under windows. The ones under the spa and pool bar are fine. 

Unless they've changed or at least modified the chairs on Pursuit's outdoor section of Windows, it can be quite noisy under there on deck 8...every time someone moves a chair forward or back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Unless they've changed or at least modified the chairs on Pursuit's outdoor section of Windows, it can be quite noisy under there on deck 8...every time someone moves a chair forward or back.

Complaints about that early morning noise led to the doors to that area being locked so no guests could access the area, which was more than a bit disappointing for those who enjoyed sail-ins and sunrise from that area.

It was well into breakfast hours before they were unlocked, depriving a fair number of people access for the sake of the few below.

Hopefully Sycamore may have replaced those offending chairs!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, macsails said:

Have any of you repeat Azamara cruisers ever used a plain ole cabin? 

My first cruise was on Oceania Insignia [nearly identical to the Azamara ships] in an Inside Cabin.  Plain enough for you?  It was 7040.  The cabin was fine [this was before we got spoiled with verandas] but the location was not – directly across from a crew access area with noise whenever they bumped their carts over the threshold.

13 minutes ago, macsails said:

I am assuming by "plain ole cabin" you mean just a cabin, or stateroom as they are known on Azamara.

We have done most of our 30 Azamara cruises in an ocean view stateroom on deck 4 midships.

A window, but no balcony.

We don't spend a lot of time in the room apart from sleeping, showering, dressing etc.

Spending less on the room which suits our needs allows us to cruise more frequently. 😀

Even more basic perhaps is an inside stateroom but I do like to have a window on the outside world.

Facilities throughout the ship are available to all cruisers, although those in less expensive staterooms are required to pay to dine in either of the two specialty restaurants.

We have been in a veranda, continent suite and owners suite.  When we were younger and spent most of our time out of the suite, the veranda was fine, even with it's space limitations.  As we have become older, spend less time on tours and more leisurely in our stateroom, the limitations of the the rooms on Azamara become more important.  We like Azamara's style and are comfortable cruising on Azamara.  However, at this stage of life anything less than the Owner's suite would not work for us.  It's different for everyone, but the Azamara living areas are decidedly inferior to most competitor's ships.

Standard verandah is fine for us, we’ve done every category from ocean view to owners suite. If we go for a suite now it’s for a reason unique to us. There’s more than enough storage in a standard room and the room staff are equally attentive 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, macsails said:

I'm happy to just be on the ship. Like others here I have stayed in all variety of cabins. These days and for price I usually stay in the category 05 outside cabins. I find them comfortable and in a good location. It's not very far to walk to the areas of the ship that have comfy seating and a cuppa if I want one. The main foyer is close by where you can sit and watch the world go by if you want to. The Promenade Deck isn't too far either.  I tend to have breakfast outside of the buffet so a balcony isn't so important. I prefer to be out and about. 

It's nice for me to spoil once in a while in a suite, but as I said just get me on a ship!  Regardless of whether you are in an inside cabin or the Owner's Suite you'll still receive the same great attention from the crew. No visible class system on Azamara and I like that. 

Phil 

• Like 9

We have had Ocean View and Verandah cabins on Azamara. Like Phil we like the Cat 5 OV cabins on Deck 4. They’re very handy for the Mosaic coffee bar and for Discoveries MDR. We also like the 4 Cat5 OV cabins on Decks 6 &7 as these are much bigger than other OV cabins.

Like others here we don’t spend much time in our cabins. We mainly do ‘sunshine’ cruises and spend a lot of time up on Deck 11 in the fresh air.

• Like 3