WHO advises people 60 or older to postpone travel due to Omicron

bajathree

2 minutes ago, marieps said:

So glad the hosts are letting this thread go.  Perhaps they're as fed up as we are.  Travel on inspired cruisers.  Travel on.  

Without many of us retirees, the ships would be empty. Yes, we are all fed up after two years of this.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

WHO are you?  The Rock Band or the organization in Geneva?  Sometimes it seems their COVID thinking is more consistent with the band.😀

Is that not dependent on if you enjoy "The Band" or not???

bon voyage

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Is that not dependent on if you enjoy "The Band" or not???

bon voyage

Actually I love The Who from when I was just a kid.  And I have always taken my medical advice from them. 😀 Why not?  Roger Daltrey is 77 and Pete Townshend is 76 and still going.  I would love to meet them on a cruise over anybody from the organization in Geneva.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Actually I love The Who from when I was just a kid.  And I have always taken my medical advice from them. 😀 Why not?  Roger Daltrey is 77 and Pete Townshend is 76 and still going.  I would love to meet them on a cruise over anybody from the organization in Geneva.

One of them were just interviewed about a book being published...

bon voyage

16 hours ago, alexkrn46 said:

I saw this, I am sick of living in fear. On a cruise everyone has been tested and the ships have good protocols. 

The problem we have experienced are not the "good protocols" of the cruise line (can only speak about Equinox and Edge), but of the bad hygienic habits and total disregard of ship protocols of our fellow passengers. For example, No social distancing. They feel everyone is 'super' vaccinated and tested 48 hrs prior to boarding. On our Thanksgiving cruise a lady was tested on Wednesday, negative, felt ill Friday, did the socially proper thing and reported to 'sick bay' and tested positive. So fellow passengers pile into elevators, not a care in the world. No more 6 feet apart in lines.

A cursory walk through the buffets, passengers by pass the hand washing stations and many refuse the extra 'squirt' of hand sanitizer, with the excuses of already sanitizing in the cabin (what about the cabin door handle and elevator buttons?) Stewards go from one cabin to the next.

We are unavoidably confronted by fellow passengers coughing without covering and taking individual yogurt in glass cups having second thoughts and putting it back, taking another. Another gentleman was eating his cereal with his fingers while waiting in line (no spaces) for the self serve milk and  beverages.

"We have met the enemy, and they is us." Pogo

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The problem we have experienced are not the "good protocols" of the cruise line (can only speak about Equinox and Edge), but of the bad hygienic habits and total disregard of ship protocols of our fellow passengers. For example, No social distancing. They feel everyone is 'super' vaccinated and tested 48 hrs prior to boarding. On our Thanksgiving cruise a lady was tested on Wednesday, negative, felt ill Friday, did the socially proper thing and reported to 'sick bay' and tested positive. So fellow passengers pile into elevators, not a care in the world. No more 6 feet apart in lines.

A cursory walk through the buffets, passengers by pass the hand washing stations and many refuse the extra 'squirt' of hand sanitizer, with the excuses of already sanitizing in the cabin (what about the cabin door handle and elevator buttons?) Stewards go from one cabin to the next.

We are unavoidably confronted by fellow passengers coughing without covering and taking individual yogurt in glass cups having second thoughts and putting it back, taking another. Another gentleman was eating his cereal with his fingers while waiting in line (no spaces) for the self serve milk and  beverages.

"We have met the enemy, and they is us." Pogo

I would not worry about surfaces (elevator buttons, door handles) but you are correct about the non hand washers, extra squirt of sanitizer, eating food with your fingers etc.  These people are rude, selfish and inconsiderate!

So, are suppose to put our lives on hold because of this latest variant?  And when we get this one under control, will we still be on hold because another variant comes out; and over and over and over.   No way, got two shots and the booster, if need be, will be masked up.  Cancelled one cruise last year, planning on one next March. 🤞 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pickels said:

So, are suppose to put our lives on hold because of this latest variant?  And when we get this one under control, will we still be on hold because another variant comes out; and over and over and over.   No way, got two shots and the booster, if need be, will be masked up.  Cancelled one cruise last year, planning on one next March. 🤞 

Not us. We didn't live in a bubble last year, this year and going forward. Had to make some adjustments along the way and what we were/are doing but lived out lives. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

This new "variant" is called Omicron.  Rearrange the letters...it spells "Moronic" which is what you are if you fall for this ish again.

Are there TWO comedians in Peachtree City?  Soon you'll outnumber Delta pilots! 😄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

This new "variant" is called Omicron.  Rearrange the letters...it spells "Moronic" which is what you are if you fall for this ish again.

Well I booked another cruise yesterday as I couldn't wait till July.  We are coming to the conclusion that we can't live the rest of our lives in fear.

Love all the lightheartedness in this thread.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We could all "band" together and have a WHO protest. I could dig out some bellbottoms and platform shoes and the guys could wear their Nehru jackets and have a real senior moment!! 😉 WHO is in for it?

I am totally with you.  But sadly I would never fit into anything that I used to wear in those days.  I still remember my powder blue Nehru jacket.  OMG!😀  This would be good for a 60's theme cruise!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

WHO? - Won't Get Fooled Again

Beginning of that song is just so cool. When I saw them in concert pretty sure that  part was prerecorded, along with when it sort of reappears midway through. One of the best bands ever. Townshend is another one of those pop music geniuses. Relative to this thread, the title of the song takes on a whole new meaning....

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Thanks 1