Possibly blonde deck question re Sky

darknightsdespiser

In the UK, (and elsewhere ?) blonde women have long been the butt of jokes about being unintelligent/stupid people.

eg Why did the blonde creep past the medicine  cabinet ? So as not to wake the sleeping pills. 

So, when someone asks a "blonde" question, the inference is that the question being asked is simple, with an obvious answer.

In the case of the question asked by the OP, the answer is that, yes, it is likely that you will hear noise from the lido deck above you.     

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

In the UK, (and elsewhere ?) blonde women have long been the butt of jokes about being unintelligent/stupid people.

eg Why did the blonde creep past the medicine  cabinet ? So as not to wake the sleeping pills. 

So, when someone asks a "blonde" question, the inference is that the question being asked is simple, with an obvious answer.

In the case of the question asked by the OP, the answer is that, yes, it is likely that you will hear noise from the lido deck above you.     

Thank you, I had forgotten that most people on here are American

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks for the one sensible answer, had no idea Americans wouldn't understand blonde jokes.

In my experience, the US sense of humour is somewhat different to the British one !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

We are considering a cabin on deck 15 midships; anyone know if there would be noise from the Lido deck above?

I can tell you from experience that the best way to go if you are concerned about noise intrusion is cabins above, below, and across the corridor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks for the one sensible answer, had no idea Americans wouldn't understand blonde jokes.

I'm 'murican, and I got it.

Also common, "blond moment" and "senior moment".

I would, of course,  never use the latter, as old is a protected class.

Blonde, however, is not.  Have at it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never stayed on deck 15  but have read many comments from others that have mentioned that if you are easily awakened in the mornings they do set up the deck chairs each morning around 6:60-7 AM.

It's not a quiet operation although they do try not to make much noise.

If you have another option of a different deck, I would take it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I don't understand that either. Blonde jokes have been around in the US for as long as I can remember. 

But back to the question. All I can say is that I wouldn't book a cabin on Marina midships on the Sky. My hubby is more sensitive to noise than I am, so I try to not ever put us in a noisy cabin. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't understand that either. Blonde jokes have been around in the US for as long as I can remember. 

Obviously some of the first posters on the thread don't get out much !

• Like 2

The noise from the Lido deck will depend on EXACTLY what is above you.  We were on the deck below the Lido deck on Caribbean Princess a while back.  We carefully selected the cabin based on what was above us.  It was  R410, which was under a Ladies’ room.   We had very little noise, other than sun beds being moved around in the wee hours by the crew.  Folks on the Starboard side complained about the noise from being under the ice cream stand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Obviously some of the first posters on the thread don't get out much !

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Doesn't matter where the joke originates. 

Still offensive.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

Still offensive.

Yes, and jokes about Irish, Brits, Red Heads, Floridians, Canadians, French, Italians,  short people, tall people, thin people, fat people, old people,  young people  etc etc will upset someone. 

Just be thankful you are not female, young, blonde, wear white stilettoes and come from Essex!  You would be mortified by the comments!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

Still offensive.

Most jokes are offensive somewhat to somebody, somewhere but that does not mean we can have jokes. If it wasn't for jokes there wouldn't be any comedians on the ships.😁

Theo

@wowzz you beat me to it.

Edited by Renmar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Most jokes are offensive somewhat to somebody, somewhere but that does not mean we can have jokes. If it wasn't for jokes there wouldn't be any comedians on the ships.😁

Theo

@wowzz you beat me to it.

No problem Theo - seems like some people have no sense of humour.