Royal's ships 2023/24

Most of the wharf for Eden has already been done. For much of the extension, they have just added extra mooring pylons in a line out from the end of the wharf (visible on the photo in the above link). I think they still need to add a couple more pylons for ships like Oasis, but I am pretty sure that ships like Ovation and Majestic will tie up to the wharf in its current configuration.

• Thanks 1

Why didn't RCL send their smaller ships downunder. Given the Brillance is selling better than Oviation or Quantum. 

I think RCL offerings are worst than Princess release. Same old boring ports on large monsters.

21 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Why didn't RCL send their smaller ships downunder. Given the Brillance is selling better than Oviation or Quantum. 

I think RCL offerings are worst than Princess release. Same old boring ports on large monsters.

Disappointing. I’m doing more land travel. Just been to Canberra now going to Caloundra.

might do another land travel to NZ.  The beauty of being retired if a small medium ship comes along I’m ready at short notice

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

I like the big ships but 2 the same are pretty repetitive,give us something different.

Brilliance is selling like hotcakes for next season, I can’t understand why they don’t even bring Voyager back in 24-25.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I like the big ships but 2 the same are pretty repetitive,give us something different.

Brilliance is selling like hotcakes for next season, I can’t understand why they don’t even bring Voyager back in 24-25.

What size and age is Brillance?

18 minutes ago, icat2000 said:
Launched: 1 December 2001
Construction started: 25 June 1998
Length: 292 m
Beam: 40 m
Builder:  Meyer Werft
Capacity: 2,140 passengers (double occupancy); 2,543 passengers (maximum)

So she the right vintage for Australian waters 😄 

Thanks good size for me.  LI don’t mind the vintage but I mind leaks and blocked toilets. My first trip overseas was Queen Frederica over.and P&O Chusan back I don’t recall their age being a problem. Both were world tours.

Both were four bunks with strangers.  Both had big bathrooms. Both Fabulous cruises set the benchmark for all future cruises.

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Love that cruise along Queensland Coast from Singapore.  Does it stop in Darwin?  What date?

We do too, have done it many times and never tire of it so it's a yes from us... if the prices are fair!!!!!!.......late last year we booked Celebrity Solstice March 2025  Singapore/ Sydney at a brilliant price with 400USD onboard spend... so Royal sharpen your pencil please...😉   Date is 19 November and yes it stops in Darwin.....Lombok we have never called at so one new port for us...

1 minute ago, badgerbill said:

We do too, have done it many times and never tire of it so it's a yes from us... if the prices are fair!!!!!!.......late last year we booked Celebrity Solstice March 2025  Singapore/ Sydney at a brilliant price with 400USD onboard spend... so Royal sharpen your pencil please...😉   Date is 19 November and yes it stops in Darwin.....Lombok we have never called at so one new port for us...

I spent a wonderful day in Lombok. Got a

driver outside the gate (not inside). He took us everywhere we wanted to go plus extra  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Agree Chili & others. Someone at RC is making these decisions ie just having the 'big' ships here & thus limiting options for us all. Guess they think they know what they're doing but I'm not sure about that.

We enjoyed the Ovation cruise to NZ that you were on, but as I wrote in my review, we will be looking for Voyager of Radiance class moving forward. Fat chance now! 

We are booked on Brilliance for December - the Country Cruisin' cruise & we were expecting to do another one or two RC cruises in 24-25 season, but not so keen on going on Ovation or travelling to Anastasialand to go on the same ship with a different name.

As I wrote elsewhere, lack of RC options for Feb/Mar '24 have sent us to Princess (Majestic) to Fiji in Feb '24. I'm sure we will enjoy, but we'll sure miss those D drinks - in fact the D+ drinks by then 😮

Really can't see the logic in not having 2 ships out of Sydney.

Time for a crownie!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Agree Chili & others. Someone at RC is making these decisions ie just having the 'big' ships here & thus limiting options for us all. Guess they think they know what they're doing but I'm not sure about that.

We enjoyed the Ovation cruise to NZ that you were on, but as I wrote in my review, we will be looking for Voyager of Radiance class moving forward. Fat chance now! 

We are booked on Brilliance for December - the Country Cruisin' cruise & we were expecting to do another one or two RC cruises in 24-25 season, but not so keen on going on Ovation or travelling to Anastasialand to go on the same ship with a different name.

As I wrote elsewhere, lack of RC options for Feb/Mar '24 have sent us to Princess (Majestic) to Fiji in Feb '24. I'm sure we will enjoy, but we'll sure miss those D drinks - in fact the D+ drinks by then 😮

Really can't see the logic in not having 2 ships out of Sydney.

Time for a crownie!!

As someone said ,Royal Caribbean is the Caribbean,a repetition Caribbean mass market brand, A McDonalds brand of the cruise industry .Go anywhere and you get the same thing.

And I think that’s what they are aiming for in Australia ,unfortunately. Nothing different just the same thing.

• Like 1

As a ‘loyal’ rci cruiser I am very disappointed that we only have a choice of Quantum or Ovation, same same. We are on Brilliance next April and after that might have to rethink. The only one that interests us is the Singapore-Brisbane but have to factor in flights both ways from Perth.

Might have to defect to Princess. Coral looks like a nice ship and is doing a few cruises from Fremantle. Apparently we are platinum from a Princess cruse many moons ago and a few p&o as well.

Would miss the 5 free drinks a day though 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Guessing Time
How much do you expect the guaranteed balcony to be when it goes on sale for Quantum Singapore to Brisbane 12 nights?  
I am going for $2200? 

Australian price inclusive of tips & charges? Launch fares around $2500pp, but likely to come down later from a lack of interest in fly-cruise.

Everything out for 24/25 so far has jumped-up in price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Australian price inclusive of tips & charges? Launch fares around $2500pp, but likely to come down later from a lack of interest in fly-cruise.

Everything out for 24/25 so far has jumped-up in price.

Suggest wait until after final payment.

On 4/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Chiliburn said:

It looks like Utopia is off to the Caribbean,so much for the rumour it could end up in Asia/pacific.

Note ; Michael Bailey at the interview.

https://thenassauguardian.com/new-royal-caribbean-ship-will-feature-all-bahamas-itinerary/

Chilli besides this has Royal announced anything?

I see on another forum at the Captain’s Corner it was mentioned Anthem is off to Singapore. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Chilli besides this has Royal announced anything?

I see on another forum at the Captain’s Corner it was mentioned Anthem is off to Singapore. 

Over on the blog there’s a couple of people say that they have been told Anthem’s going to Singapore. No hard facts just just hear say.

I think it’s bound for the Pacific somewhere,probably for Singapore to replace Spectrum.

It would be nice if it went to Los Angeles and we got Navigator, wishful thinking .

• Like 1

Like yourselves, UK residents are unable to get price drops on Royal Caribbean Cruises once booked, however, they usually allow us to upgrade to a higher category of cabin (which can sometimes be cheaper than what you've booked).

For those of you who have booked on Day 1 of sailing release before, do prices tend to go up or down from that point ? Looking at booking a 2025 NZ sailing when they are released this week but unsure whether to hang on until later down the line or not. Obviously it's going to depend on how the pricing comes out anyway! Even if they are priced highly I'd be hoping they'll drop over time and even if I book the cheapest interior I'd be able to up it to a higher category of cabin later.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Like yourselves, UK residents are unable to get price drops on Royal Caribbean Cruises once booked, however, they usually allow us to upgrade to a higher category of cabin (which can sometimes be cheaper than what you've booked).

For those of you who have booked on Day 1 of sailing release before, do prices tend to go up or down from that point ? Looking at booking a 2025 NZ sailing when they are released this week but unsure whether to hang on until later down the line or not. Obviously it's going to depend on how the pricing comes out anyway! Even if they are priced highly I'd be hoping they'll drop over time and even if I book the cheapest interior I'd be able to up it to a higher category of cabin later.

Thank you.

We used to get the price drop match during the pandemic but there’s been a few big changes over the last couple of months. I don’t know if we still have that luxury anymore, I could find out if you want.

Over the last season prices have been pretty stable,I thought. They haven’t fluctuated as in the past.

From my experience prices go up as the ship fills, so it’s best to get in early .

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We used to get the price drop match during the pandemic but there’s been a few big changes over the last couple of months. I don’t know if we still have that luxury anymore, I could find out if you want.

Over the last season prices have been pretty stable,I thought. They haven’t fluctuated as in the past.

From my experience prices go up as the ship fills, so it’s best to get in early .

Yes prices drops still happen. Just got one for a Brilliance sailing.😁

45 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Yes prices drops still happen. Just got one for a Brilliance sailing.😁

Which ones are on Cheryl?

Im on the one to Kangaroo island and the Melbourne/Hobart at the end of January