New Years Eve on board - quick question

coloradocruiselover88

Had a grand time New Years Eve 2012/13.   Quite a Gala evening then with a special stage show and many dance parties until late into the night.   Possibly a balloon drop also.  Many tuxes and sparkly outfits on the ladies.  Of course, now things are quite different but should still be a fun time.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

The deck party was awesome!  We had a great time.  There were even lots of crew members up on the deck dancing and having a fun time.  The outdoor party had the same amount of people dressed up.  We went from one to the other, the deck party was much better. 

2 hours ago, coloradocruiselover88 said:

Hello and happy December 1st!  Anyone here sailed on Princess before over New Years eve?  Do they do anything special? Will it be a formal dress night?

Thanks for any info you may have! Sailing the Emerald Princess 12/29-1/8 Panama Canal and just curious!

Cheers!

Yes, YEs, and YES!  It is a fantastic time!

Cheers

• Like 2

Yes its great, BUT given the Covid restrictions on the Princess website, many large indoor group activities are NOT happening.   How strictly this will be followed is anyone’s guess.  

So you may experience a different NYE celebration than in prior years, or you may not.  

5 hours ago, love to cruz said:

Champagne at midnight for everyone.

I haven't seen that (free) on princess in a long time.

A few years ago, I was in the atrium at midnight, on deck 5.

People on the next two decks were throwing streamers, etc.

Some gracious person threw their champagne glass, which hit me on the head.

Thank god, it just kind of bounced off.

That ended my festive mood.

Edited by Roberto256

36 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Yes its great, BUT given the Covid restrictions on the Princess website, many large indoor group activities are NOT happening.   How strictly this will be followed is anyone’s guess.  

So you may experience a different NYE celebration than in prior years, or you may not.  

Concur with this, but we will be on the Sky testing your hypothesis!

Cheers

• Like 3

6 hours ago, love to cruz said:

Yes. The ship will be all decked out with balloons, etc for New Years Eve. Dress will be formal. Champagne at midnight for everyone. Bands all playing.

At dinner, we got a paper crown for her and a paper top hat for him plus little toot horns (also paper).

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Wow. I have always despised "party hats". To me they are as idiotic as a lamp shade on the head. Fortunately, that second one seems to be a thing of the past. I never understood why that was supposed to be funny and why it was "a thing". Then again, I have never understood party hats.

Edited by Thrak

I found this on onesource regarding NYE:

"There’s even special holiday programming on stateroom TVs, including a fireplace channel. Guests sailing over New Year’s will ring in 2022 with a festive countdown party and a Champagne toast!"

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I haven't seen that (free) on princess in a long time.

A few years ago, I was in the atrium at midnight, on deck 5.

People on the next two decks were throwing streamers, etc.

Some gracious person threw their champagne glass, which hit me on the head.

Thank god, it just kind of bounced off.

That ended my festive mood.

We've been on several New Years Cruises, right up to the shut down.  There has always been complimentary Champagne like substance available.

17 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

They are still hosting cruise critic meet and greets right now. Ours will be in Skywalkers lounge, so I assume that means we have to wear masks - which I am fine with.

15 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

New Year’s Eve aboard a Princess ship is perfect, with a special meal, party hats and horns, and big parties indoor and out. I have no idea how they will handle the holiday during Covid, though. I’m sure they’ll still do a special dinner, but who knows about the party. 

And the best part is not having to get home with all of the intoxicated drivers on the road.  (Scooters are O.K.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1