What are your oddest cruising traditions?

havanadaydreaming

On any Christmas/New Year's cruise, we bring 3M strips and multi-colored lights that have various settings and hang all around the cabin.  Bad part, it usually gets investigated that it isn't a fire hazard or damaging the trim on the upper walls.  Good part, cabin steward and anyone making deliveries loves it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have several, but one thing I make sure of, if I haven't already done so, is to have at least one more cruise booked before I leave the ship.  Helps ease the PCDS--Post Cruise Depression Syndrome😉

And one other...the first night home from a cruise, we always order pizza for dinner...🙂

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 8:04 AM, bob brown said:

I have several, but one thing I make sure of, if I haven't already done so, is to have at least one more cruise booked before I leave the ship.  Helps ease the PCDS--Post Cruise Depression Syndrome😉

And one other...the first night home from a cruise, we always order pizza for dinner...🙂

With us, it's chinese food.🙂

We typically cruise over the Christmas break for the two weeks. Each time, I purchase a new long, sparkly dress for New Year’s eve from the ROSS store adjacent to our go-to hotel in Ft L. It’s easy to justify the one time wear of the dress given the $19.99 price I typically pay 😁.

• Like 1

We love eastbound transatlantics. We plan our entire evening around the sunset time. Nothing like sitting aft and watching the sun go down over the wide open ocean. (Sunrise might be good in the opposite direction, but It’s extremely unlikely I will ever see it!)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, Pudgesmom said:

We love eastbound transatlantics. We plan our entire evening around the sunset time. Nothing like sitting aft and watching the sun go down over the wide open ocean. (Sunrise might be good in the opposite direction, but It’s extremely unlikely I will ever see it!)

Somehow, I am always awake early enough the morning after sailing to observe (and take a picture of) the reddening morning sky.

• Like 1

Sea day movie-a-thon with room service splurge.  We never watch movies except on a cruise and we  eat healthfully on cruises but not on sea day.  If sailing with my sis we order every single desert from the room service menu.  

• Like 1