Already canceled but can I get money back instead of credit?

mattR

Called and canceled our cruise for Jan 14/22 as there were just to many variables with Covid testing.  We are from Canada so would have to get tested to fly down then get tested to get on the ship(4 days later) then get tested to get on the plane then get tested when arriving in Canada quarantine until get those results.  I was given FCC for our deposit.  The problem is I have to book by this spring and travel before the end of 2022.  I noticed that RCCL isn't providing testing for their international guest who require testing.  Would that be a reason for me to get a refund rather then a credit or is it just to late now and I'm stuck with a credit I probably won't use?

Sorry OP you should have waited and then cited the protocols...not risky at all and you would have gotten a complete refund not a FCC. Do your best to book something...don't let that FCC go to waste..Best of luck.

3 hours ago, mattR said:

Called and canceled our cruise for Jan 14/22 as there were just to many variables with Covid testing.  We are from Canada so would have to get tested to fly down then get tested to get on the ship(4 days later) then get tested to get on the plane then get tested when arriving in Canada quarantine until get those results.  I was given FCC for our deposit.  The problem is I have to book by this spring and travel before the end of 2022.  I noticed that RCCL isn't providing testing for their international guest who require testing.  Would that be a reason for me to get a refund rather then a credit or is it just to late now and I'm stuck with a credit I probably won't use?

You’re stuck 

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry OP you should have waited and then cited the protocols...not risky at all and you would have gotten a complete refund not a FCC. Do your best to book something...don't let that FCC go to waste..Best of luck.

I cant find in any massage saying that you are entitled to a refund if you don't agree to new protocol.

Is it official from RCCL?

7 hours ago, mattR said:

Sadly I think once you accept it you're stuck with it. It's a stressful time but maybe should have waited a few days for the inevitable official border shutdown and or cruise pause. Some are saying they're getting refunds for not agreeing with the current protocols (which we will be trying) but our TA is saying that's not possible for whatever reason. We shall see. 

• Like 1

Maybe since they changed the protocol of not testing on the ship the day before you leave you now how a new reason why you never want to sail with them again and now want a cash refund.

I would be calling on the phone telling them that and see how they handle it ?

Or you can rebook a cruise a week after the one you canceled and then tell them , ut oh I don't like the new protocols and then get all you money back.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 5:24 AM, misstamster said:

We cancelled yesterday..full refund...they first offered a FCC but our TA got us the refund. 

I lied...got credited today for all but $70 USD..called our TA, out of the office, called RCL, they claim it is a TA thing, however, if our TA is unwilling to work with us, to call back! Is that perhaps commission hold?

14 minutes ago, misstamster said:

I lied...got credited today for all but $70 USD..called our TA, out of the office, called RCL, they claim it is a TA thing, however, if our TA is unwilling to work with us, to call back! Is that perhaps commission hold?

sometimes the credit is dished out with more then one payment.....................wait a few days and see if you get additional payments.

15 minutes ago, misstamster said:

It may very well be commission that has been paid to the TA.  Depending on the time period of when it was cancelled Royal will wither initiate a commission recall  order or write the commission off.  Either way you will get that back from Royal and you won't have to wait for the TA to pay back the commission, they just have to start the process before they can initiate the payment to you

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It may very well be commission that has been paid to the TA.  Depending on the time period of when it was cancelled Royal will wither initiate a commission recall  order or write the commission off.  Either way you will get that back from Royal and you won't have to wait for the TA to pay back the commission, they just have to start the process before they can initiate the payment to you

Looks like that may have happened...thanks so much for the info...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, misstamster said:

Did you get the $70 back yet? I have a similar situation where I received a refund two weeks ago, but I am still missing $208.  ($108 TA commission and $100 e-gift card)

On 12/21/2021 at 11:24 PM, mattR said:

Below is Celebrity's rebooking policy so you might want to check if this is Royal's as well (since they own Celebrity). We cancelled our Celebrity January 9, 2022 sailing and applying our FCC to a sailing on January 8, 2023.I

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:24 PM, mattR said:

Won't hurt to call and ask. We canceled a Feb cruise in Jan for a fcc. Several days later our TA called to say RCL was offering a refund. We ageed and received refund last week.