The Daily for Saturday 12/25/2021

richwmn

Merry Christmas to all my daily family, May love and blessings surround you.

Last night was bittersweet as my church held its final Christmas Eve service as we made the painful decision to close after Easter 💔

Have a blessed day ❤️🙏❤️

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Merry Christmas everyone!  We will be hosting Christmas dinner today with Beef Wellington on the menu, hopefully all goes well making it.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day with lots of laughs with family and friends whether in person or otherwise.  It is always a treat hearing from you kind folks.  Cheers!  🎅🏻🎄

• Like 25

Merry Christmas, everyone!

72956147.jpg.8150bb4023e3c927ec3d60bbe9f52c8b.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday today.  We are having a small celebration, but it will be a great day.

The Tourtiére last night was a big hit.  We had that with a nice, crisp green salad.  Mmmm   I'll pass on today's meal as I am not a ham fan.  Besides, the menu here is Prime Rib.

https://butterwithasideofbread.com/cooking-your-holiday-ham-in-crock-pot/

Crock-Pot-Ham.BSB_.IMG_7634.thumb.jpg.b96b5d7537bb681954c3a574884096a9.jpg

Here's one with a brown sugar glaze.   Now, I do like that!  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/crock-pot-ham/

1699375346_crockpotchristmasham.jpg.a6f065fa876a825a2175225a6fda5232.jpg

And door number three:   https://damndelicious.net/2017/04/01/slow-cooker-holiday-ham/

Slow-Cooker-Holiday-Ham.thumb.jpg.8e32ef39331e0c266d6e32274535924d.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and to those who don’t, I wish you a time of peace and contentment.

Its quiet here  right now, but I expect the grandsons will be waking soon, and thus will begin the excitement of Christmas in the house.  I have cinnamon buns ready to put in the oven (I prepped them last night), and soon will start the first batch of stuffing that will go into the crock pot.   The second batch goes into the turkey. 

We’ll have our traditional Christmas dinner with roast turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, a mixture of vegetables and salads, etc.  And wine.  Oh, and birthday cake because today’s my special day. 

Sending prayers to everyone, especially to our Daily family who are in need.  Raising the wine glasses to celebrate the season and everyone on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear your masks, keep warm, wash your hands, and be well.

02986C9C-E6FF-4E08-888E-6475D0DEC1E4.gif.3894152026ca486adf502d902b50fc5b.gif

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 38

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and of those who don’t, I wish you a time of peace and contentment.

Its quiet here  right now, but I expect the grandsons will be waking soon, and thus will begin the excitement of Christmas in the house.  I have cinnamon buns ready to put in the oven (I prepped them last night), and soon will start the first batch of stuffing that will go into the crock pot.   The second batch goes into the turkey. 

We’ll have our traditional Christmas dinner with roast turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, a mixture of vegetables and salads, etc.  And wine.  Oh, and birthday cake because today’s my special day. 

Sending prayers to everyone, especially to our Daily family who are in need.  Raising the wine glasses to celebrate the season and everyone on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear your masks, keep warm, wash your hands, and be well.

02986C9C-E6FF-4E08-888E-6475D0DEC1E4.gif.3894152026ca486adf502d902b50fc5b.gif

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Happy birthday! Quite the Christmas present for your mom. Have a great day.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Phew! I thought I really missed someone’s arrival, but the unique spelling gave me a clue. 

Yeah I can see where you could get confused since I originally said Mitzi instead of Dixie.  And it's not even happy hour!😛

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

Happy Birthday Gerry!  You share your birthday with someone very special!

DD has a year round Celebration flocked tree in her foyer.  Each month she can change the decorations on it to represent the season or month.  Of course right now it's a Christmas tree, but next month is a "winter' tree with snowflakes and/or icicles on it.  February will be a Valentine's tree, March a St. Patrick's tree.  The main Christmas tree is larger and in the family room, but I thought you'd like to see the Celebration tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtI6lAD3SQpWlvdcpFsoERUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1640440434

Graham, tell Pauline she has prepared a lovely Christmas Day luncheon for you two!  Enjoy!  And your tree is very, very pretty.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. Hoping you have a wonderful day.

I was up at 1am trying to make an appointment for a covid test , but the only thing available then was a test for today and it was too early for me to test. Then at 3am I got an appointment for Sunday afternoon which will be 5 days so I’m really happy for that. So far, no symptoms.

Last night Sam went by ambulance to the hospital because we thought he was having another stroke but thankfully we caught a break. He’s still there this morning and the covering cardiologist from our group saw him.Waiting for them to call and say we can pick him up. I think my life looks like a bad soap opera.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Merry Christmas to all!  And happy holidays!  We are having lamb and sweet and regular potatoes plus beet salad, spanakopita, and tabbouleh.  And tropical fruit salad from fruit from Homestead purchased on our drive back from Key West.  Ending up with Bacardi rum cake.  And of course wine and drinks and appetizers!  Should be stuffed for the week!  

• Like 22

36 minutes ago, dfish said:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

72956147.jpg.8150bb4023e3c927ec3d60bbe9f52c8b.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday today.  We are having a small celebration, but it will be a great day.

The Tourtiére last night was a big hit.  We had that with a nice, crisp green salad.  Mmmm   I'll pass on today's meal as I am not a ham fan.  Besides, the menu here is Prime Rib.

Debbie - Merry, Merry!

Would you be willing to share your Tourtiére recipe, when you get back home?

Sadly, my Memere would not share hers. Not even with my Aunt - her only daughter. And I have yet to find “the recipe” that comes closest. I know she did not use potatoes in hers. But that is all.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy Birthday Gerry!  You share your birthday with someone very special!

DD has a year round Celebration flocked tree in her foyer.  Each month she can change the decorations on it to represent the season or month.  Of course right now it's a Christmas tree, but next month is a "winter' tree with snowflakes and/or icicles on it.  February will be a Valentine's tree, March a St. Patrick's tree.  The main Christmas tree is larger and in the family room, but I thought you'd like to see the Celebration tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtI6lAD3SQpWlvdcpFsoERUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1640440434

Graham, tell Pauline she has prepared a lovely Christmas Day luncheon for you two!  Enjoy!  And your tree is very, very pretty.

Thank you Sandi.

Among our many presents from our Sarah was a lovely memory tree ornament from Harrods.

Sarah put several loving messages inside.

Your DD celebration tree and Hallway is very pretty.

16404428847533453396347050930971.jpg

• Like 24

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

Among our many presents from our Sarah was a lovely memory tree ornament from Harrods.

Sarah put several loving messages inside.

Your DD celebration tree and Hallway is very pretty.

16404428847533453396347050930971.jpg

What a lovely, loving idea, Graham. A most precious gift!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas.  Happy Boxing Day.  Nothing better than face timing with a 3 1/2 year old opening his Christmas presents.  "I always wanted one of these".  It just filled our hearts.

CC gremlins got me this morning.  Took awhile to get it to work.

I like today's quote and I have a ham in the crock pot right now, with pineapple and brown sugar.

Have not been to today's port.

Thank you Rich for making this a wonderful place to come for the past 2 years during these trying times.  I really appreciate all you and Roy do.  Debbie your meals are wonderful and Ann the wine descriptions are fabulous.

Happy Birthday @ger_77

Christmas Punch:

Christmas Punch
8 oz Vodka (Berry)
4 oz Triple Sec
8 oz Raspberry Liqueur
8 oz Cranberry Juice
8 oz Pomegranate Juice
8 oz Fresh Orange Juice
8 oz Sprite
Sliced Limes
Cranberries
Combine in a large pitcher and mix well. Serve over ice...

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 9.25.43 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Merry Christmas from a bright and sunny day at the beach

We will be having Prime Rib today. It was on a great sale at Publix. My family does not like hot ham. Dont know why.

Surfing Santas was great yesterday. Dog Flutie ( former NFL player) jumped out of a helicpter to beging the day. Dont know the final number of surfers but there were hundreds. We stayed back up the beach a way to avoid the huge crowd.

@ger_77 A very Happy Birthday to you.

@grapau27  I love that ornament! Great idea and a very thoughtful gift.  May try to copy it!

@Sharon in AZ Love that tree! Did you order it special or d they have them made up? we are scheduled to be on a ship next Christmas.

Special prayers for everyone

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2