Anyone knows what quarantine is like on board?

lupaglupa

Thanks for sharing your story! We sail on Eurodam in late January and the thought of this happening has obviously crossed my mind! Do you know, by chance, how they're handling "close contacts"? I'm wondering how they're defining "close contacts" (being near someone at a show? sharing a shore excursion bus? etc.) since other than testing positive, that would be the other obvious way of ending up in quarantine.

Hope you stay healthy and thank you on behalf of everyone for doing the right thing! Maybe with the new CDC guidance of only isolating for five days there's the possibility of getting out of jail after symptoms subside.

• Like 1

We had a couple that are traveling with us.   They would be the only ones I would consider us to have been in close contact with.   When we tested positive they were located and tested as well.   They both were negative and still show no symptoms.   They have been enjoying the ports.   

We haven’t been told about disembarkation yet.   As the medical staff told us the guidelines change often. I don’t expect to here anything for a few more days.

• Like 5

Thanks for the info - interesting that they're not isolating the folks travelling with you, although certainly good that they tested negative. I thought some lines are also isolating close contacts regardless of testing, although I assume that could quickly yield unmanageable numbers of people to isolate.

So sorry this happened on your vacation. And to have to leave a Neptune suite on top of it! 😞

• Like 1

When we were tested they said even if we were negative we would be isolated for 24 hours and re-tested because we had symptoms.  If the second test was negative we would be free to go.   They said close contacts if they displayed symptoms they would follow the same protocols but if no symptoms they would only need 1 negative test to be free to go.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good to know! I had visions of trying to avoid being within six feet of any other human on board to avoid the possibility of being identified as a close contact and being immediately isolated.

Thanks again for all your posts - it's so helpful to have first-hand info!

@JCP3 wow…thanks for the link to your experiences.    We’ve been in many Neptune suites (plus visited people in Pinnacle suites) but to be honest, never that impressed to upgrade to Pinnacle and certainly wouldn’t think of it now. We’ve been impressed with Celebrity suite (only once) and also a poster on here raves about NCL Haven suites which we might try one day.  

Hope you’re better soon.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lupaglupa said:

I know only a very small number of passengers have gotten sick and been put into quarantine but.... We are 52 days out and watching the news and I'm curious if anyone knows how quarantine is handled for passengers who test positive. Do they get moved into new quarantine cabins? I assume if so they take all their stuff with them. What's arranged for food? Entertainment? It's not that I expect it to happen but I always like to know in advance.

Forgot to thank YOU for asking the question!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JCP3 said:

They’re sending our wine to us and we can order more.  I’m sure we pay for this.  

I read your review aloud to the DH yesterday and we had more than a few laugh-out-loud moments. Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the information, very interesting and helpful. Hope you're able to enjoy the remainder of your cruise, albeit in a single, small room. Best wishes!

• Like 2

@JCP3 I enjoyed reading more on your blog than just your unfortunate latest adventure - my mother was born and raised in Tupelo so your stories about MS were especially interesting! 

I'm wondering, now that you've been in Q for a bit longer, is there anything you wish you had brought with you that would make your time in isolation easier?