Anyone knows what quarantine is like on board?

lupaglupa

Just now, HAL Sailer said:

Mark & Clyde --

May the skies above your quarantine balcony be clear enough tonight so that its multitude of stars can be your NYE confetti and streamers.

🌠Happy 29th NYE together!🌠

And to you

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JCP3 said:

Thank you for the sweet message. We will toast you tonight as well! Have the happiest of New Years.

We both wish both of you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.  And a safe 2022!

And I'd like to thank you so much for your "Quotes From A Quarantine"! 🙂 

As I posted on the NCL forum, about both of you:

"... This is definitely a "first world problem", and I'd like to think that many of us could use their reporting as a terrific example of how to weather a bit of misfortune with grace (and humor!).  They have Covid, but they aren't desperately ill... or worse..."

(And I hope that I didn't misunderstand anything that you had written.)

Your writing is wonderful!  It's been a pleasure to read, plus being very informative.

GC

• Like 6

Mark, thank you soooooooo much for your quarantine blog.  You are the reason we are not cancelling our Feb. 13th cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  Your positive attitude is infectious and so refreshing.  Happy New Year you two.  We will be making a cheer to you tonight.

• Like 3

Mark,

Thank you for your good natured chatter here, and thank you 10-fold for your informative and philosophical blog.  Wishing you and Clyde a happy (very) non-traditional NYE, and 7 healthy cruises over the next 2 years!

What’s that??  OH!  It’s the gentle swoosh of champagne in a paper cup.  🥂

• Like 1

Just now, kayakmom said:

Do the TV's in the rooms have DVD players? If so, is there still a DVD library you can borrow from?

No DVD’s but there’s a large number of movies on demand on the TV.

• Like 2

Just now, Live4cruises said:

Mark,

Thank you for your good natured chatter here, and thank you 10-fold for your informative and philosophical blog.  Wishing you and Clyde a happy (very) non-traditional NYE, and 7 healthy cruises over the next 2 years!

What’s that??  OH!  It’s the gentle swoosh of champagne in a paper cup.  🥂

We’ve ordered our dinner and champagne 🥂 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Thanks for updating your blog.

I’m taking notes, just in case we end up with Covid in the house. Our plan has been that whichever of us it is is staying in the master suite for the duration. If we ever have to execute that plan, I’m hoping we will follow your example.

Happy New Year to you, and may it be a healthy one for you.

• Like 4

Thanks, gentlemen, for the informative and cheerful updates. You two definitely are 'glass half full' people, and a great example. I hope I would handle something like this with at least half the grace under pressure that you two have shown. It has also been very informative to see how HAL handles cases of Covid (seemingly quite well, all things considered). 

Wishing you improved health for '22, and an easy debarkation. In the meantime, kudos to you for maintaining standards by dressing, including ties, for New Years dinner!  🙂

• Like 6

13 hours ago, JCP3 said:

Happy New Year’s Eve from the quarantine cabin aboard the Konlngsdam!

345931F8-B03D-4BFE-8844-B5EDF3A119B3.jpeg

I love this picture! Happy New Year to you both and congratulations on 29 years together!! I was told some 26 years ago before I married that every couple should have a trip with a rental car and a map before wedding to ensure they can withstand the trails of a marriage. I think quarantine in a cruise cabin is a good substitute. Obviously you and Clyde have learned to weather the high and lows together. I'm sending prayers that your trip home is uneventful and all goes well for you in 2022. 

• Like 3

I just read your Letters from a Quarantine Cabin and cannot thank you enough for the service you are providing to those of us who want to continue cruising during this time. We now know what to expect from HAL if we should find ourselves in your situation. 

I too love your New Years' Eve photo and your dressing for the occasion cheered me as well. I hope your disembarkation goes well and you arrive safely to your home.

Happy New Year.

• Like 4

Mark and Clyde,

So many thanks for all the wonderful information you have provided the cruising community.  Congratulations on 29 years of togetherness and learning how to weather the storms of life while seeing good in even the most difficult circumstances.  Your writing is perfection and I look forward to following you on your onward adventures.  Happy New Year to you both.

• Like 2

Congratulations on your 29 New Years celebration together. It may be different than expected but at least you were with the one you love. 

Also, have you thought about calling the cabins surrounding yours? They are in COVID quarantine too and might enjoy a chat with someone new. 😉 

• Like 2

Thanks for posting your experiances while in quarantine on the Koningdam.  You both are handling a tough situation with class and a smile.  We were in Puerto Vallarta for 3 weeks in early Dec. a block from the cruise ship dock.  We took pictures of the Koningsdam when it docked in port and got a drone picture from a fellow guest while sitting on the beach.  Pictures were shot on Dec. 16th.  Thought you'd like to see what she looked like from outside.  Wish you luck on disembarkation.

y4m4Wvkty6vIHAwstStoramv4FEOM3MpmAfnfOoe

She always docked in the dark before sunrise.

y4m94La2FUmFOikB_cihyUItp4q9iqip-e7r-GQC

y4mAUrgy5l1A_dZVLAOJQaxYTx9904wOUX8dtwlb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have enjoyed your blog IMMENSELY!  I do belive it helps that you are a writer, as you certainly know how to entertain your readers.   So much so, I have gone to your webpage and read a number of your writings. (My heart broke on your UMC articles, and your Pinnacle Suite article was, if nothing else, eye opening!)

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to inform the rest of us of your experience of being in quarantine.  And I'm so happy you got your pizza pie! I have sent your writings to my TA (who is also a close friend that we have spent New Years with!) so that she can inform her clients as well

Best wishes and good luck to both of you...I'm very interested in reading your experiences on disembarkation!

L.

• Like 7

I also would like to thank you for your account of being in isolation on the ship.  It was a wonderful report for many reasons.  However, I have been looking for the ending and not finding it.  Are you healthy now.  Are you off the ship and if so did you have a good trip home?  I would so enjoy the ending of the story and I do wish you both a healthy and happy new year.

4 minutes ago, mustgo said:

I also would like to thank you for your account of being in isolation on the ship.  It was a wonderful report for many reasons.  However, I have been looking for the ending and not finding it.  Are you healthy now.  Are you off the ship and if so did you have a good trip home?  I would so enjoy the ending of the story and I do wish you both a healthy and happy new year.

I would like to hear as well.  That said the ship just docked a couple hours ago.  They may still be on the ship.