Anyone knows what quarantine is like on board?

lupaglupa

I know only a very small number of passengers have gotten sick and been put into quarantine but.... We are 52 days out and watching the news and I'm curious if anyone knows how quarantine is handled for passengers who test positive. Do they get moved into new quarantine cabins? I assume if so they take all their stuff with them. What's arranged for food? Entertainment? It's not that I expect it to happen but I always like to know in advance.

9 minutes ago, JCP3 said:

Thank you.  Very good account!  You answered some questions I've had (I knew all quarantine cabins are balcony cabins, but wondered if you're refunded the difference if you had booked a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite).  

I have another question -- when you order off a specialty restaurant menu, are you being charged for those meals?  

We ordered from High Five for lunch today and they did charge us.  It is free in person but $4.95 for in room dining.  We haven’t ordered anything else from specialty but I’m sure we will before it’s over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JCP3 said:

I’m currently on Koninsdam in quarantine.   It’s better and worse than you might think  You can read our account of it at https://markmcelroy.com/what-happens-when-you-get-covid-on-a-luxury-cruise/

Sorry for your circumstances but thanks it was well written and answered a lot of questions we have all pondered.

Both of you! Get Well Soon!

Thanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JCP3 said:

We ordered from High Five for lunch today and they did charge us.  It is free in person but $4.95 for in room dining.  We haven’t ordered anything else from specialty but I’m sure we will before it’s over. 

Did you inquire to make sure that such charges actually should apply to those in quarantine.  Does really not make sense if everything else, including specialty meals are free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCP3 said:

I’m currently on Koninsdam in quarantine.   It’s better and worse than you might think  You can read our account of it at https://markmcelroy.com/what-happens-when-you-get-covid-on-a-luxury-cruise/

I'm so sorry you have such perfect experience to share! But very grateful to know. I hope you and Clyde are out and enjoying life again soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCP3 said:

Thank you for sharing your story.  I will be interested to hear how they handle disembarkation and whatever resultant quarantine/onward travel process they have in store for you.  Be well and thank you for doing the right thing.

P.S.  I think your room at the Wyndham Bayside had thinner walls than you thought.  🤫

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you for sharing your story.  I will be interested to hear how they handle disembarkation and whatever resultant quarantine/onward travel process they have in store for you.  Be well and thank you for doing the right thing.

P.S.  I think your room at the Wyndham Bayside had thinner walls than you thought.  🤫

I wonder if it had shared ventilation.

• Like 1