The Daily for Thursday January 06, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So making an appointment with the Post Office would be easier than the mail in method?  How long does it take for the passport to get back to you?

It has been several years since I last renewed. I don't know what the return times are now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Procrastination has been overcome! The snow blower has finally taken its "Winter Place of Honor" in the garage. Felt pleased with myself with summer layup procedures as it started on the first pull by the shed. That way we didn't need to drag it to the garage - or hitch up Sam to pull it.

@kazu Jacqui, I agree the other driver is to be watched out for! We have six Subaru vehicles currently in our extended families. My Outback was preceded by a Volvo XC Cross Country and a few more years back, a Jeep CJ-7 was in the stable.  But I did find my FWD Saabs (6 of them) to be fun to drive in the snow.

0106221056.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 23

Prayers for all on Roy's care list!

Today is the traditional start of the Epiphany season, which lasts until Lent. Also coincides with Mardi Gras! Laissez les bonnes temps roulez!Just make sure to wear your mask!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Thursday.  We do Keto so it will be green beans and no Tres Leches cake. The wine is a little rich for me and probably impossible to get in Michigan even if I wanted it.  The sheet pan chicken thighs was very easy and we will definitely make again. I would put the thighs back in the oven in foil while part 2 of the sauce finished. That was the only ding. Lemon, olive oil, dried shallots and smoked Paprika all came together quickly.  Went well with Gruet sparkling wine from New Mexico.  

Many birds today. I shoveled 6" this morning and we have 2" more. Sun is trying to come out but we can still get still get lake effect bands.   

Prayers for everyone to stay safe and heal. 🙏

IMG_20220105_154813005.jpg

IMG_20220105_160039585.jpg

IMG_20220106_102030537_HDR.jpg

There is a Total Wines now in Grand Rapids, not far from the airport. Might find the wine there. Of course, we moved to TN right about the time they opened it in GR…

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Last week on the Rotterdam I received my 4* pin and we both received our tiles. I have been on more cruises than Craig so he is still 3*. 

05EB1DC1-43F9-48DC-9E4B-DE2414A67E93.thumb.jpeg.831e86990e828ab3536e1aeef9485d8e.jpeg

4E4DD3ED-B855-4E2B-902B-565B1177514A.thumb.jpeg.be07fd6a7cb4c4736c35e56c58645ea3.jpeg

A friend sent this picture of cookies made in honor of Betty White. I thought they were so beautiful and wanted to share.  They must be from FB. 

9200C7ED-0664-429E-BE3D-BF0DB6AE9B0B.thumb.jpeg.08ecccce0bb5a1a05c060281ca7d798f.jpeg

• Like 42

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I love all beans except limas. Cuddling is always nice, but especially on days like today when the temperature is 33 degrees.

I love the quote. Dessert for dinner sounds great. I'll also try the bean soup. Thank you Debbie @dfish.

DH and I got into Jasper around 4:30, stopped for breakfast to wait for Home Depot and Walmart to open. Grabbed a few things to get us through the weekend and got home at 7:15. Car has been unloaded, groceries put away, water turned on and a check throughput the house. All seems to be in good shape so now it is time for some sleep.

Thinking of you all and hoping everyone has a great day. Stay safe and warm.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Pleased to hear you got home safe and sound Julia.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Snow day here!  We must have got 8 inches overnight.  The gardeners have been by and plowed our complex's private road,  and the main road out back looks fairly clear, but I'm sure the hill between our road and the main road will be difficult.  We were so excited when DD got her invitation for her third shot yesterday, and managed to get an appointment for this afternoon, but now we're wondering if she'll get there.  We have AWD, and Pat will take her, if he can.  We will feel very much better in a short while, as she has asthma, and we worry about her getting covid, even a milder form.  Omicron is really taking over, and it almost seems like Public Health has given up and will let it win.

Anyway, good morning, all, and I will have plenty of time today to cuddle up and say my prayers for everyone on the Care list, especially Jose and Tana.  Jacqui, I hope you can get in to see him pdq, and that the storm stays away!  

I think I posted pictures of Honningsvag, too, when it was port of the day, but I'll do it again!  We had glorious weather in July in Norway, just perfect for us Canadians.   From Honniingsvag, we went to the North Cape and had our pictures taken at the monument, of course, but we had a drive around, too and were amazed how much it looked like Newfoundland.

Honningsvag

P1020826.thumb.JPG.e86a74dc055b0a7221c5d54b5263d597.JPG

North Cape

from the ship

P1030025.thumb.JPG.567c4a95089ba54c1e17bf57374c5a59.JPG

and in person

P1030064.thumb.JPG.bfc131d7ddf1a4c6c1c91b0f4fed83cf.JPG

on our drive

P1040765.thumb.JPG.9fa6eba0987d6288dc4736fce3fe8528.JPG

P1030074.thumb.JPG.6982b1f56c706c8b6e250b5cd5ac4b2d.JPG

P1030080.thumb.JPG.0ccbc272634fedfbabb8dd10ec23a1fa.JPG

P1030105.thumb.JPG.38ac968bbabcf84abc078bd4e7592018.JPG

And I have to add a couple of our  "midnight sun" pictures

11:59 pm

P1040802.thumb.JPG.ee4d2ea332bc21a4a1dab5a8535e592d.JPG

and 2 am

P1020849.thumb.JPG.60cb39cb8669c96d43b79d2943713739.JPG

• Like 32
  • Thanks 7

23 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Snow day here!  We must have got 8 inches overnight.  The gardeners have been by and plowed our complex's private road,  and the main road out back looks fairly clear, but I'm sure the hill between our road and the main road will be difficult.  We were so excited when DD got her invitation for her third shot yesterday, and managed to get an appointment for this afternoon, but now we're wondering if she'll get there.  We have AWD, and Pat will take her, if he can.  We will feel very much better in a short while, as she has asthma, and we worry about her getting covid, even a milder form.  Omicron is really taking over, and it almost seems like Public Health has given up and will let it win.

Anyway, good morning, all, and I will have plenty of time today to cuddle up and say my prayers for everyone on the Care list, especially Jose and Tana.  Jacqui, I hope you can get in to see him pdq, and that the storm stays away!  

I think I posted pictures of Honningsvag, too, when it was port of the day, but I'll do it again!  We had glorious weather in July in Norway, just perfect for us Canadians.   From Honniingsvag, we went to the North Cape and had our pictures taken at the monument, of course, but we had a drive around, too and were amazed how much it looked like Newfoundland.

Honningsvag

P1020826.thumb.JPG.e86a74dc055b0a7221c5d54b5263d597.JPG

North Cape

from the ship

P1030025.thumb.JPG.567c4a95089ba54c1e17bf57374c5a59.JPG

and in person

P1030064.thumb.JPG.bfc131d7ddf1a4c6c1c91b0f4fed83cf.JPG

on our drive

P1040765.thumb.JPG.9fa6eba0987d6288dc4736fce3fe8528.JPG

P1030074.thumb.JPG.6982b1f56c706c8b6e250b5cd5ac4b2d.JPG

P1030080.thumb.JPG.0ccbc272634fedfbabb8dd10ec23a1fa.JPG

P1030105.thumb.JPG.38ac968bbabcf84abc078bd4e7592018.JPG

And I have to add a couple of our  "midnight sun" pictures

11:59 pm

P1040802.thumb.JPG.ee4d2ea332bc21a4a1dab5a8535e592d.JPG

and 2 am

P1020849.thumb.JPG.60cb39cb8669c96d43b79d2943713739.JPG

Thank you Ann!  Your pictures are great!  I love Norway.❤️

• Like 15

Prayers for all on the care list.  Glad to see some many folks traveling!

I have been to Honnigsvag and the North Cape one summer on QM2.  Loved that trip.  Sailing again (Royal) on 2/5.  🤞🤞

Stay safe everyone.  Several inches of snow coming here tomorrow.  Katherine 

• Like 19

Good morning, all! I can finally react to posts, so I’ll post first, read later before the gremlins drag me back to CC jail. Even in jail they let me read. Cuddle up day sounds good in this snow, freezing rain, and -15 wind chill. For harmony’s sake, that will mean skipping the beans, though.

@richwomanWelcome back Rich, and no apologies needed. Dessert for dinner is an excellent idea. It is true then that travel broadens one, apparently including your readers!

Today is nasty, so the agenda is jigsaw puzzles and gingerbread houses. DH decided to leave that until after Christmas, when we needed more to do. He has designed a LARGE house this year. I made the dough yesterday, and we roll it out and bake the pieces today. I’m adding support struts inside this one. We shall see how it goes!

Happy Thursday (already!). I bet there’s no -15 windchill on any of our BHBs!

B7DA8193-6B62-463C-BC94-0DD0213D1218.thumb.jpeg.e34f7ce719c79fc78ffc6dbe585cb347.jpeg

• Like 26

@StLouisCruisers

As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

well, it didn't.  basically it was from the Department of Health in Vermont, it said to walk carefully on ice, you should walk like a penguin.

I tried that. Frankly, the big black and white suit was awkward, and carrying that frozen fish in my mouth was downright unpleasant.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 28

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

@StLouisCruisers

As of October 29, routine processing is 8 to 11 weeks and expedite processing (for an additional $60) is 5 to 7 weeks. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility.

☹️

• Like 7

Good Morning Everyone,

We got up to 6-7 inches of new snow.................but they say this afternoon we are supposed to get freezing rain!  Not looking forward to that.

In 2019 we were down in New Orleans and then got on the NCL Breakaway for a cruise on my birthday( the 6th)!  Had a wonderful time.  We had quite a time trying to find a cruise, that we could get to with out traveling on the busy holiday travel days.  We flew to New Orleans on January 4 and then sailed January 6.  Discovered a couple things,  we need to go back and spend more time in New Orleans, so much to see.  Won't try to cruise on my birthday, just too close to major holidays for us.....but that means I will just have to go another time and celebrate my birthday then!

Tres Leches Cake sounds good for this evening, but with the snow and freezing rain I think going out for dinner will have to wait!

Everyone stay healthy and be careful in this weather, looks like many of us are getting foul weather.

Denise

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone,

We got up to 6-7 inches of new snow.................but they say this afternoon we are supposed to get freezing rain!  Not looking forward to that.

In 2019 we were down in New Orleans and then got on the NCL Breakaway for a cruise on my birthday( the 6th)!  Had a wonderful time.  We had quite a time trying to find a cruise, that we could get to with out traveling on the busy holiday travel days.  We flew to New Orleans on January 4 and then sailed January 6.  Discovered a couple things,  we need to go back and spend more time in New Orleans, so much to see.  Won't try to cruise on my birthday, just too close to major holidays for us.....but that means I will just have to go another time and celebrate my birthday then!

Tres Leches Cake sounds good for this evening, but with the snow and freezing rain I think going out for dinner will have to wait!

Everyone stay healthy and be careful in this weather, looks like many of us are getting foul weather.

Denise

Happy Birthday!

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Denise

Happy Birthday!🎂  You picked a memorable day for it..

We are threatened with that freezing rain, too.  But it isn't that cold, just over freezing, so I'm hoping it will be a lovely warm rain that will wash away all the white stuff!

Our little courtyard..

IMG_6706.thumb.JPG.b1bfbd2f086e59f140d427f53f12fc1b.JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

So mix darn cold weather, yards of red @nd green felt, a glue gun, a senior looking to keep busy because she currently doesn’t have a book to read and what do you get? Christmas tree skirts. All ready for next year now. 

Stay safe everyone!

hope this takes this time.

3A2A8472-28D1-4270-850D-4D46D008B1BE.jpeg

7DC0D8B1-9595-49FE-AB72-3134D819A6E9.jpeg

• Like 29

Good afternoon all.. I like everything for the daily today but the wine is out of my price range and I’ve never been to Norway. We have done 7 cruises on three lines but only to Bermuda or the Caribbean. Looking forward to October 2022 New Statendam to Canada/New England. I think many of you have a travel agent you use for bookings or maybe use an agent with Holland. We’ve always used one of the big online agents but this time we used C***co. Big box store which I’m not sure I can name here. I am happy with the price and I got to pick the cabin. When the price dropped a week or so ago I was able to get it and still keep Have it All but it took be 50 minutes in the queue to speak to someone and another 25 minutes to get the price drop confirmed. Ugh!  
 Thanks all who contribute I appreciate the time it takes you. I don’t always comment but know that I am thinking of those who are going through health issues for yourself or loved ones. @ger_77 glad to see another Outlander fan!  It took so long for book 9 to come out I had to reread #8!  I am giving up on Cloud  

Cuckoo Land after 200 pages. For the life of me I don’t know why this book is on the Bestseller list. I think I will try Never by Ken Follett. The third in the Century trilogy. 
I learn so many new things here everyday!  Who knew rodents can’t vomit 🤮! 😆

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, nancynana9950 said:

Good afternoon all.. I like everything for the daily today but the wine is out of my price range and I’ve never been to Norway. We have done 7 cruises on three lines but only to Bermuda or the Caribbean. Looking forward to October 2022 New Statendam to Canada/New England. I think many of you have a travel agent you use for bookings or maybe use an agent with Holland. We’ve always used one of the big online agents but this time we used C***co. Big box store which I’m not sure I can name here. I am happy with the price and I got to pick the cabin. When the price dropped a week or so ago I was able to get it and still keep Have it All but it took be 50 minutes in the queue to speak to someone and another 25 minutes to get the price drop confirmed. Ugh!  
 Thanks all who contribute I appreciate the time it takes you. I don’t always comment but know that I am thinking of those who are going through health issues for yourself or loved ones. @ger_77 glad to see another Outlander fan!  It took so long for book 9 to come out I had to reread #8!  I am giving up on Cloud  

Cuckoo Land after 200 pages. For the life of me I don’t know why this book is on the Bestseller list. I think I will try Never by Ken Follett. The third in the Century trilogy. 
I learn so many new things here everyday!  Who knew rodents can’t vomit 🤮! 😆

I didn’t get past 50 pages of cloud cuckoo land. And sadly, I couldn’t get into Never either. I usually like Ken follett. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, superoma said:

I didn’t get past 50 pages of cloud cuckoo land. And sadly, I couldn’t get into Never either. I usually like Ken follett. 

Yeah it jumped around people and places and time periods and what’s with all the Greek mythology? 

• Like 6