No ones in charge

Treasure Hunter

7 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Boarding Equinox. In waiting room. No signs. In a suite. And sent upstairs instead of retreat room. Terminal changed at last moment from 25 to 29. No one seems to know what’s going on!

We were supposed to be on this cruise.  Hope things improve and this is not an indication of total chaos for the entire 12 night sailing!! 

Cruising in a pandemic.  A last minute terminal change probably means port staff & equipment need to be reassigned and supply trucks rerouted.

I’m sure it will get taken care of shortly.  Hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Cruising in a pandemic.  A last minute terminal change probably means port staff & equipment need to be reassigned and supply trucks rerouted.

I’m sure it will get taken care of shortly.  Hope you have a great cruise.

and last minute port employees calling in sick etc.  I very recently flew back to Boston from San Diego.  Arrived at airport for my Sunday flight, waited several hours, flight cancelled and re-scheduled for Monday, repeat airport process on Monday, same thing then repeat process (almost) on Tuesday.  We were able to depart but still 4 hours late.  Annoying for sure, but all is well that ends well, and JetBlue gave me $500 for my "troubles".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I have calmed down! In Luminae eating creamy lobster roll. Everyone is wonderful!

Oh good to hear!  So from 13 minutes after your original post, you are in Luminae, sounds like they did a heck of a good job then.

• Like 3

I'm not sure which port you are leaving from, but we had a similar experience in Miami in December. We never received any information about which terminal we were supposed to report to. Since we were driving, I called twice a couple of days before the cruise to find out where to park and was told that they did not know but there would be signs for us to follow. When we got there, there we no signs for Celebrity at all until we got to the last terminal. It was a small flag blowing so hard in the wind that we could barely see what was written on it. We had to stop in the road to ask where we should park. There's no excuse for Celebrity not having more signs along the road at the port to direct drivers. The other lines had several signs right as you entered the port. There was also no direction as to where to drop off luggage. We walked around near the Celebrity flag for a few minutes before we found someone with a Celebrity name tag that directed us to a gentleman at least 50 yards from the one Celebrity flag near the road. The gentleman taking luggage had no uniform, no name tag, nothing that would identify him as someone we should leave our belongings with. He was yelling, "Celebrity guests, leave your luggage here." Others were leaving their bags with him and handing him tips, so we did as well. We got in the one line that Celebrity had (no separate line or area for suite guests) and were herded through five checkpoints. We kept all of our documents in our hands as they all checked the same documents. We were rushed. When we stepped to the side for my mother to catch her breath and to let others pass us, we were called out and asked to keep moving. There was absolutely no reason to rush people as it was only 11:30am. My mother was completed out of breath and exhausted by the time we got on the ship. It was a stressful, unorganized mess. We had a similar experience when we got off the ship. They rushed you through the terminal as soon as you stepped off the ship. One person stopped at a trash can to throw away some fruit (the custom sign states that you must do this!) and he was yelled at to keep moving.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

wait, what!!!  Who would not panic if it takes 13 minutes from boarding to a creamy lobster roll!  

Order it as an appetizer without the bun.  You get more filling and get it sooner. Then you can order the burger for the main, or in my case the fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Oh good to hear!  So from 13 minutes after your original post, you are in Luminae, sounds like they did a heck of a good job then.

13 minutes.  Imagine if they’d had someone in charge…unreal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Sounds like the OP REALLY, REALY NEEDS A VACATION! 

And a few 🥃🥃🥃

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Boarding Equinox. In waiting room. No signs. In a suite. And sent upstairs instead of retreat room. Terminal changed at last moment from 25 to 29. No one seems to know what’s going on!

Remember that check in personnel from the clerks to the porters are local not Celebrity personnel.   The Miami Herald reported 20% or more out sick or caring for others in most service sectors.  Need to be flexible. 

It is not all about us. If people have been following the news... there are issues all over the country due to sick employees... so if things went smoothly, right now, I would be surprised. Flights cancelled due to sick employees...our recycled items were not picked up for two weeks..reason...sick personnel... some hospitals have issues as well as grocery stores. So if you want top notch service... wait until things settle down..not who knows when that will be.....

5 minutes ago, kearney said:

It is not all about us. If people have been following the news... there are issues all over the country due to sick employees... so if things went smoothly, right now, I would be surprised. Flights cancelled due to sick employees...our recycled items were not picked up for two weeks..reason...sick personnel... some hospitals have issues as well as grocery stores. So if you want top notch service... wait until things settle down..not who knows when that will be.....

Or be smart enough not to complain about it on an open forum!

Panic is my middle name! So far so good. Sailing at less than 50% . Entertainment tonight is a guy named Spencer who ( it has been said) has a better voice than Frank Sinatra. I’ll let you know if it was his mother who said that. Met and tipped our Stewardess and our Butler ( now called retreat host). Everyone is so sweet and so happy to see us. I am unpacked. We got our luggage by 2:00. It is over cast but warm. Sail away at 4:30. 👍ship beautiful, staff terrific, food great. 1600 passengers out of an expected 2200. ( max 3200). Ship feels empty. Everyone wearing masks, staff double masked. So far we are very happy. Weather gorgeous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will post when able. I can’t decide what anyone feels comfortable with ( we were on the fence too) but it’s much more civilized and sane on this ship than in the hotel in Fort Lauderdale where no one was masked. Celebrity is lovely and they are trying to give us a bright spot in an otherwise depressing time. At Trivia now, slot tournament at 2:00. Dining rooms feel empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1