On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

They didn't refund the port fees on my cancelled Navigator port last week either.  I was more than impressed with their generosity and never gave it a second thought.

Me too.  It wasn't until I noticed the port fees were refunded for this week that I even thought about it.  Indeed the same as you...thought it was more than generous and very appreciated!  🙂  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

That was risky -- you could have dropped your phone in the hot tub -- then what?  No more pictures, apps - no more reservations, nor calls, nor texts, nor streaming,  How did we ever manage without cell phones?  

Hey, I am risking everything to help everyone here understand what it takes to  cruise right now.  Some will try to lead you to believe it's easy but if you have viewed the  whole thread you would know this is not the first thing I have had to fight.. while typing right now on my belly in the hot tube the bubbles are filling up my swimsuit and I am floating to the top.  You know how embarrassing that is. Right now my butt looks HUGE and it is far out of the water and is putting a strain on my....I am just going to hit submit and turn around!

• Like 2
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm actually quite enjoying the voyage.

Wearing masks during shows is getting old, but there aren't a lot of shows to see 😕 

Comedy Club tonight, intend to actively drink for all 50 minutes😁😷

I liked Basil better than the first guy.  Actually a bit confused, as the original Headliner for tonight was supposed to be the puppet guy, Michael Harrison.   Today's compass shows Basil doing an alternative routine in the theater instead ("family style").   

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you are wondering how rough the sea can get here is a pic I captured at dinner last night.

5E74B30F-6322-400C-95DD-7A34734AA5FF.thumb.jpeg.7eabe970fe1f2eecb2f6fc21938e632e.jpeg

It was calm once we were eating.

91D493BF-252E-4803-AEE6-53180F505955.thumb.jpeg.603db07bbbb979af799ff5dff4e716f7.jpeg

LOL!!  Did you like Wonderland?  We loved it. One of our favorite bartenders, Francis runs the bar there.  We came in 45 minutes early to hang with him.  He made us the "Rabbit Tale" drinks.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  It wasn't until I noticed the port fees were refunded for this week that I even thought about it.  Indeed the same as you...thought it was more than generous and very appreciated!  🙂  

I noticed that as well and was surprised to receive the additional credit. 

m

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

During lunch, Captain anounced we would arrive CocoCay around 10pm Friday night and engage crew transfers throughout the night.

That way we are good to get off early Saturday morning for our Perfect Day.

And "calm" seas for the overnight sleep.  😄 

Drats...our balcony is port side...won't be able to watch the activities.. and too lazy to walk over to do so this time.  Though we did go down to watch the extra visit to St. Maarten last night.  Good viewing on Promenade deck off the aft.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:24 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

2 covid infested crown loft suites. Great!

Infested? That’s a bit dramatic. I’m guessing they will just fog the cabins like they do others.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, h20skibum said:

I was going to start a thread called “on Oasis and it is getting weird”, but it would sound like a ripoff of this thread title.  So I will just post here. 

We have a large (400+) religious group aboard, and a large group of SSC’s.  There have been some interesting dynamics going on.  Like oil and water, they don’t mix well. 

We have about the same passenger count, but on the first night you would have thought it was a full ship, because the put all of the 400+ group in one dining room, and every table and every seat was filled.

That has to be entertaining.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:21 AM, island lady said:

Yeah, I thought we did not get that invite as well.  Talked to Isabeth on deck 4, she told me there was some reason with the dining room that we are not doing  the usual lunch right after the Upper tier.  

See you for lunch on Friday.  🙂 

I’m not aware of the lunch after the upper tier gathering. Is the upper tier and the top tier the same thing just called two different things or is pinnacle the upper tier and D+ top tier? I don’t remember a lunch being mentioned after a top tier gathering. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I liked Basil better than the first guy.  Actually a bit confused, as the original Headliner for tonight was supposed to be the puppet guy, Michael Harrison.   Today's compass shows Basil doing an alternative routine in the theater instead ("family style").   

Another Covid casualty? I wonder if he ever made it on board. 

m

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey, I am risking everything to help everyone here understand what it takes to  cruise right now.  Some will try to lead you to believe it's easy but if you have viewed the  whole thread you would know this is not the first thing I have had to fight.. while typing right now on my belly in the hot tube the bubbles are filling up my swimsuit and I am floating to the top.  You know how embarrassing that is. Right now my butt looks HUGE and it is far out of the water and is putting a strain on my....I am just going to hit submit and turn around!

Oh the horror! 😂 Hopefully no one you know was walking by. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And why do the glasses always look so small?  I have had that problem with drink photos.

Might be the shot angle and distance.   It really was hard to shoot while taking the shot.  Arm fully extended while not being knocked over 🤣

The glass is as tall as my Samsung S21 

I thought it looked small too but didn't want to reshoot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

OMG,...I had to call Bucky in to read this to him.  We are both laughing hysterically right now.  You just ruined my eye makeup!  😄 😄 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m not aware of the lunch after the upper tier gathering. Is the upper tier and the top tier the same thing just called two different things or is pinnacle the upper tier and D+ top tier? I don’t remember a lunch being mentioned after a top tier gathering. 

On 11/28, 12/5, and last week the Pinnacle/D+ lunch in the MDR deck 5 (Pinnies to the right, D+ to the left) was at noon, following the Upper Tier (Pinnacle and D+ only) 10:15 am event at the Aqua theater the same day. 

No top tier event that I am aware of...just the Upper Tier.  

Edited by island lady

38 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

@John&LaLa  Is Dazzles operating?  Are there bands and dancing?  Any dancing at Boleros?  Band or DJ?  

I have been there the last few nights.  Last night was the first time I noticed anyone got up to dance.  4 couples.  Band last night, a guitarist the night before.  And you can sit around the bar.

Edited by Ozark_Kid

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been there the last few nights.  Last night was the first time I noticed anyone got up to dance.  4 couples.  Band last night, a guitarist the night before.  And you can sit around the bar.

Which one?  Dazzles or Boleros or both?  Did you go straight from the Hot Tub with bubbles and all? 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Did you like Wonderland?  We loved it. One of our favorite bartenders, Francis runs the bar there.  We came in 45 minutes early to hang with him.  He made us the "Rabbit Tale" drinks.  😉 

It was different than Symphony was in October but we still loved it.  This time they brought all the appetizers out at once which we preferred rather than one at a time on Symphony.   That way we saved the best til last.  We missed having the mad hatter this time.  We had a great waitress. Just to ease everyone,  I was actually hungry when we went.

I am curious now about the Rabbit Tale drinks.  What were they like.  Cab anyone go to the bar without eating? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am curious now about the Rabbit Tale drinks.  What were they like.  Cab anyone go to the bar without eating? 

I read that too and wondered what they were. I especially like tequila, rum and gin not so much and allergic to coconut., ... last of the red hot drinkers .. . Hoping to find something I really like besides margaritas. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Which one?  Dazzles or Boleros or both?  Did you go straight from the Hot Tub with bubbles and all? 

Bolaros was the one I was referring to but all on that deck had good vibes going.  BTW, a couple came by, after I turned over and was willing to keep the bubbles going.   Now I have no choice but to get ready for Izumi.  You know how much lobster they throw on the roll.  Sorry, don't mean to be a downer.  I'll make it. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Bolaros was the one I was referring to but all on that deck had good vibes going.  BTW, a couple came by, after I turned over and was willing to keep the bubbles going.   Now I have no choice but to get ready for Izumi.  You know how much lobster they throw on the roll.  Sorry, don't mean to be a downer.  I'll make it. 

Did it get all foamy and steamy and weird after you left it to the couple?  Lobster in Izumi roll?  IDK but judging from the promotional pic looks like a generous amount -- unlike the hot tub drink you risked your phone's life to take a photo of. 

izumilobsterroll.PNG

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

On 11/28, 12/5, and last week the Pinnacle/D+ lunch in the MDR deck 5 (Pinnies to the right, D+ to the left) was at noon, following the Upper Tier (Pinnacle and D+ only) 10:15 am event at the Aqua theater the same day. 

No top tier event that I am aware of...just the Upper Tier.  

Thanks. I don’t remember seeing anything about a lunch. The invitations that we received called it a top tier party so maybe it varies by ship.🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll have to look into the lunch next week. We have only been d+ for six cruises (since the start up) so I think I need to do more investigating.