On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

7 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Also D+ I believe the lunch may be open to D+ with 340 pts.

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The luncheon is for those diamond plus passengers who have 350 (or is it 340?) points. Since the return, the luncheon has been the same (nice) menu for upper tier diamond plus, and pinnacle. On some cruises we’ve had a joint luncheon. On some cruises it’s been the same day but different parts of the dining room. And on some cruises it’s been different days.

m

Thanks. We won’t hit 340 points until April so I’ll look for it after that.

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While getting ready for Izumi I thought I would charge it.  Plugged it in and an alarm went off with a statement that said unplug immediately!  I unplugged and there was water in it.   Got it out but will wait until tonight to charge.

Ask the kitchen for a small bag of uncooked rice. Put the phone in the sealed baggie over night.

edited. Never mind. I see others have posted the same info.

Edited by ReneeFLL

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Google states a "Shipboard Incident" means a shipwreck, capsizing, collision or stranding of the ship, explosion or fire in the ship, or defect in the ship.  Wow John what on earth did you do?? 😉

As long as the ship still floats I’m sure John won’t care. 😁

7 hours ago, orville99 said:
  • Then you are not looking.😇

Maybe you are looking to hard? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not everyone can be cheerful 24/7.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Need to lower your cheerleader outfit.  lol  😉 Get a better look 😉

Are you sure you want to see that? 😳

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Still don't understand it. Port fees are collected and paid to the port. If the port is missed I don't see how a cruise line can legally keep them.

Agreed, it doesn’t seem right. Who are the port fees then going to?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, just having fun. 

Seriously though, cate to give a couple examples. I can give a dozen of upbeat crew

Not really necessary. Already shared them with the appropriate senior staff. They are fully aware of the morale of the crew. Brave faces do not a happy camper make. 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That would be the perfect ending to this cruise.😇

I was sort of joking but just read on another thread that Allure had trouble docking and, apparently, had been attempting since around 3 AM but finally docked. Odyssey is sitting off the island. They aborted their docking attempt. We will see if they get in today. Vision is also in the mix, I guess waiting for crew transfers.

Pictures posted from Allure look like the water is really rough and the ship has a lot of movement even tied up at the dock. If not for crew transfers I am almost certain they would have cancelled the port today.

According to passenger counting, aporox 160 crew departed Allure and about 80 came aboard. Definitely negative influx😐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  I think it's OK now.  I didn't drop it in the hot tub.  Just some bubbles got some water in it.  The warning emblem went off after shaking it and blowing it out.  I just plugged it in for a second and it started charging and no warning.   I will wait a couple more hours before charging.   Thanks again. 

Glad it worked.  Electronics are the sacrifice of a live reviewer.  I lost a GoPro on the way Jost Van Dyke.  Oh, to be back on board as I am here jealous on land. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not really necessary. Already shared them with the appropriate senior staff. They are fully aware of the morale of the crew. Brave faces do not a happy camper make. 

Come on man. Of course it's necessary. That's kinda a requirement when you post an outrageous comment. Folks like a little support to the claim. Just a little.

Now I appreciate the opinions of people actually going through the experience of this voyage, and I respect your decision to cancel leg 2 if you are unhappy, but I guess we're on a different ship.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was sort of joking but just read on another thread that Allure had trouble docking and, apparently, had been attempting since around 3 AM but finally docked. Odyssey is sitting off the island. They aborted their docking attempt. We will see if they get in today. Vision is also in the mix, I guess waiting for crew transfers.

Pictures posted from Allure look like the water is really rough and the ship has a lot of movement even tied up at the dock. If not for crew transfers I am almost certain they would have cancelled the port today.

According to passenger counting, aporox 160 crew departed Allure and about 80 came aboard. Definitely negative influx😐

We have to dock to do the crew transfer.

Pretty sure they'll try.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, poocher said:

And which will you partake in?  Still debating lobster night reservations.

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Defined MDR, no interest in CK anymore

On a recommendation from a couple of folks I'm having my lobster in the main dining room instead of coastal kitchen

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey, I am risking everything to help everyone here understand what it takes to  cruise right now.  Some will try to lead you to believe it's easy but if you have viewed the  whole thread you would know this is not the first thing I have had to fight.. while typing right now on my belly in the hot tube the bubbles are filling up my swimsuit and I am floating to the top.  You know how embarrassing that is. Right now my butt looks HUGE and it is far out of the water and is putting a strain on my....I am just going to hit submit and turn around!

Wearing a bungee smuggler solves this problem.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. We won’t hit 340 points until April so I’ll look for it after that.

Ask the kitchen for a small bag of uncooked rice. Put the phone in the sealed baggie over night.

edited. Never mind. I see others have posted the same info.

We won't hit 340 until November......2027.  🤣

I missed all of the good rice advice when at Izumi.   All is working fine now but thanks 😊 

• Like 2