On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 hour ago, poocher said:

And which will you partake in?  Still debating lobster night reservations.

This might help. I am eating breakfast at CK right now.  They say the difference is ck lobster will be poached no shell.  MDR broiled with shell.  Suemi says she likes CK with pieces of lobster around the plate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This might help. I am eating breakfast at CK right now.  They say the difference is ck lobster will be poached no shell.  MDR broiled with shell.  Suemi says she likes CK with pieces of lobster around the plate.

Ask them to bring 4 lobsters out of the shell chopped up on one plate With a bowl of butter. Slip him a twenty and let them know you’ll take it from there. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Come on man. Of course it's necessary. That's kinda a requirement when you post an outrageous comment. Folks like a little support to the claim. Just a little.

Now I appreciate the opinions of people actually going through the experience of this voyage, and I respect your decision to cancel leg 2 if you are unhappy, but I guess we're on a different ship.

The reality is that if you walk around all day sporting your pinnacle badges (cheerleader uniforms) you are on a different ship. We choose never to wear ours because we dislike the fawning that ensues by crew. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The reality is that if you walk around all day sporting your pinnacle badges (cheerleader uniforms) you are on a different ship. We choose never to wear ours because we dislike the fawning that ensues by crew. 

Lost mine 2 or 3 cruises ago😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks like Deck 6 from midship to all the way forward is blocked off. Noticed it yesterday when leaving Johnny Rockets after lunch

They keep blocking hallways, pretty soon you won't be able to disembark................just stay on for the next sailing 🙂

Is the liquor holding up, no shortages? Pretty soon it's going to be BYOB or PYO when they run out of crew.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was different than Symphony was in October but we still loved it.  This time they brought all the appetizers out at once which we preferred rather than one at a time on Symphony.   That way we saved the best til last.  We missed having the mad hatter this time.  We had a great waitress. Just to ease everyone,  I was actually hungry when we went.

I am curious now about the Rabbit Tale drinks.  What were they like.  Cab anyone go to the bar without eating? 

Yes, can go to the bar without eating...it's actually a very nice bar area...elegant.  Shame you can't sit at the bar, but that's the way a lot of them are now.  Francis is one of the best bartenders ever!  

He made us the Rabbit Tale,  basically a rather sweet Margarita with a foam "tail".  The more famous one is the one with the "smoke".  

Yeah, we were looking for the Mad Hatter as well...maybe another Covid casualty?  Or perhaps too creepy for the kids.  😉 

Indeed loved having all the apps come out at once, we let our waitress pick everything for us except the main course.  Great time!  🙂 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. I don’t remember seeing anything about a lunch. The invitations that we received called it a top tier party so maybe it varies by ship.🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll have to look into the lunch next week. We have only been d+ for six cruises (since the start up) so I think I need to do more investigating. 

Be sure to check your messages on the TV...sometimes we don't get the paper ones.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How can they keep the port fees for a missed port?

Apparently they did for last week.  Refunds are like pulling teeth with RCI.  😉 

I was just happy to get the one day credit, and the" do it yourself upgrade" for half the price of the up bid program....will let the port fees slide from last week's missed St. Thomas visit.  

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Et tu, Brutus

And now we wait for Carol to correct me😉🤣🤣

Sorry, John - I was busy yesterday.  😄

It's "et tu, Brute" - Brutus is nominative, Brute is vocative = direct address.

Are you happy now?  😉 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They keep blocking hallways, pretty soon you won't be able to disembark................just stay on for the next sailing 🙂

Is the liquor holding up, no shortages? Pretty soon it's going to be BYOB or PYO when they run out of crew.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Time to double up and triple up on desserts !

Please please just let me stay on. 

Skipping dessert, its lobster night. I saw someone above suggest 4 lobsters. I've never had 4 lobsters in one sitting but I'd give it a try. You can keep the appetizers, baked potato and dessert. Just lobster please. :)

• Like 4

I just tried an experiment.   I have been out for 1 1/2 hours. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I have not yet worn my new diamond pin.  I did not have on a cheerleader outfit or any other outfit.

All of the crew and pax I was passing by I sad hi or goodmorning. Each smiled back and said the same.  Some I had a chat with.  When leaving I would say have a great day and they said you too or you have a great day too or have a wonderful day.  I then walk by some with a straight face.  Most had no response, some smiled and some said hi.

My conclusion based on this and my experience the whole cruise.  You can pull joy out of almost anyone. I so far ran into just one guy in the elevator that I could not get a positive response from.  It has actually been easier on ship than on land.  Maybe others will try it.  

Have a great day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

About the refunding of port fees:

My experience had ALWAYS been that when the ship skipped a port, we found a small credit on our Seapass account for the port fees.

Then on the Grandeur in February 2020, they refused to refund the fees.  Several of us went and spoke to Guest Services.  There were phone calls to Miami HQ.

Here is what (the lie) they told us:

Sometimes the fees for the whole cruise have gone up since we booked, so overall, we weren't entitled to a refund.

How's that for a BS explanation?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Sorry, John - I was busy yesterday.  😄

It's "et tu, Brute" - Brutus is nominative, Brute is vocative = direct address.

Are you happy now?  😉 

Now I recognize you. You were my Latin teacher. She had a eagle eye for gum chewers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They had to get me a new bottle of Jagermeister in Schooner last night.

Headed down to Deck 5 to buy a bottle of Bailey's for our dog sitter

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3