On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

50 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Without being me, that was me.  I loathe gum chewing.  Moooooooooooooooooo

Hahahaha. I had a bad memory even as a kid. But took Latin for 4 years. Its was a very popular club, bottle of pepsi and a brownie or something good. Latin club was the most popular club because of the food. I havent changed. Still all about the food. And absent minded memory. Oh and if it snowed we got to sing xmas carols instead of translating.. I can still sing jingle bells in latin. 

Wish now I'd taken spanish now that i live in texas. Grew up in ohio. Lots of days its snowed.

Yes I think I recognize you. You'll know me because of jingle bells in latin.

• Like 1

Earlier in the week, we went to a session presented by the husband and wife passengers performing the “presidents and their wives” seminar. It was an entertaining and informative session of Harry and Bess Truman. They  are performing in the main theater this afternoon. This time they are providing a presentation on George and Barbara Bush.  If you have a chance, try to catch their show. You might find it interesting as well. 

m

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hahahaha. I had a bad memory even as a kid. But took Latin for 4 years. Its was a very popular club, bottle of pepsi and a brownie or something good. Latin club was the most popular club because of the food. I havent changed. Still all about the food. And absent minded memory. Oh and if it snowed we got to sing xmas carols instead of translating.. I can still sing jingle bells in latin. 

Wish now I'd taken spanish now that i live in texas. Grew up in ohio. Lots of days its snowed.

Yes I think I recognize you. You'll know me because of jingle bells in latin.

tinniat, tinniat, tintinnabulum.......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, I did the Brute version once, and the less knowledgeable folks were confused.

I just wanted you to know that I knew I did it wrong😉

The really confused ones translate it as “and you, too, Brutus”.

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't think it's BS, that's the way it's explained in the T&C.

Sounds very much like BS to me. No matter what you paid in port fees, however much was designated for the missed port should be refunded. It reminds me of the time on Adventure when I noticed the bar in the forward lounge on deck 5 was charging tax. I inquired at GS as to why that was occuring. The answer was all of the bars charge tax.  Of course I knew they were not. I then inquired as to which government this tax was being remitted to. I received a blank stare.🙄

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This might help. I am eating breakfast at CK right now.  They say the difference is ck lobster will be poached no shell.  MDR broiled with shell.  Suemi says she likes CK with pieces of lobster around the plate.

So maybe go to CK & ask for the MDR tails too.  No such thing as too much lobster!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds very much like BS to me. No matter what you paid in port fees, however much was designated for the missed port should be refunded.

It could be even worse. From the Aussie T&C section 29:

"The price of your chosen cruise will be confirmed at the time of booking. After your booking is confirmed but before full payment is received, we will only increase the price if there is an increase in the cost of any transport included in the price and/or in any dues, taxes or fees payable for any services (for example, port taxes or charges of any sort). We will not ask you to pay more within 30 days of departure. In addition, we will pay the first part of any such increase(s) in costs up to a total amount equivalent to 2% of the cost of your confirmed cruise (excluding any insurance premiums and amendment charges). Only if any such increase(s) exceeds this 2% will we ask you to pay more. If any additional amount we ask you to pay is greater than 10% of the total cost of your confirmed cruise (excluding any insurance premiums or amendment charges), you will be entitled to cancel your booking."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It could be even worse. From the Aussie T&C section 29:

"The price of your chosen cruise will be confirmed at the time of booking. After your booking is confirmed but before full payment is received, we will only increase the price if there is an increase in the cost of any transport included in the price and/or in any dues, taxes or fees payable for any services (for example, port taxes or charges of any sort). We will not ask you to pay more within 30 days of departure. In addition, we will pay the first part of any such increase(s) in costs up to a total amount equivalent to 2% of the cost of your confirmed cruise (excluding any insurance premiums and amendment charges). Only if any such increase(s) exceeds this 2% will we ask you to pay more. If any additional amount we ask you to pay is greater than 10% of the total cost of your confirmed cruise (excluding any insurance premiums or amendment charges), you will be entitled to cancel your booking."

The first time we cruised I read the contract and my reaction was.... why would anyone ever agree to this?... Then I promptly agreed and paid up. I've been paying, and agreeing, ever since.😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Awesome.😐

Had the Tiadale Chardonay. It was just awful. Bucky and Pat enjoyed the Beach Kite Cab. 😉

I had to use a voucher for Laura's Beringer.😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds very much like BS to me. No matter what you paid in port fees, however much was designated for the missed port should be refunded. It reminds me of the time on Adventure when I noticed the bar in the forward lounge on deck 5 was charging tax. I inquired at GS as to why that was occuring. The answer was all of the bars charge tax.  Of course I knew they were not. I then inquired as to which government this tax was being remitted to. I received a blank stare.🙄

I paid tax at Starbucks one morning as we approached Puerto Rico. I also seem to recall paying tax on departure day many times. 

But it was indeed all the bars as far as I know