On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just tried an experiment.   I have been out for 1 1/2 hours. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I have not yet worn my new diamond pin.  I did not have on a cheerleader outfit or any other outfit.

All of the crew and pax I was passing by I sad hi or goodmorning. Each smiled back and said the same.  Some I had a chat with.  When leaving I would say have a great day and they said you too or you have a great day too or have a wonderful day.  I then walk by some with a straight face.  Most had no response, some smiled and some said hi.

My conclusion based on this and my experience the whole cruise.  You can pull joy out of almost anyone. I so far ran into just one guy in the elevator that I could not get a positive response from.  It has actually been easier on ship than on land.  Maybe others will try it.  

Have a great day!

Agree wholeheartedly.  I hope you have a great day. 

I smile, alot.  When we aren't wearing a mask, I have found smiles to be contagious, and usually has a positive effect on starting a conversation, wherever I go.  🙂

• Like 6

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Basil was hillarious in the theater at 7:00, really worked the crowd.

Sitting in The Attic now waiting on his club show.

20220113_202301.thumb.jpg.6cea436b3feab3be8d906e727998043d.jpg

Jaeger Bomb is drink #4, two more left

We saw him at the Attic earlier in the week...then the theater last night.  He was funny in both set ups.  He does seem to love working the crowd.  Though there may be a "plant" in the crowd.  😉 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Headed down to Deck 5 to buy a bottle of Bailey's for our dog sitter

I guess for the world cruise you will be buying your sitter an apartment on the beach for 6 months. Seems like  the only fair thing to do.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Sorry, John - I was busy yesterday.  😄

It's "et tu, Brute" - Brutus is nominative, Brute is vocative = direct address.

Are you happy now?  😉 

Yea, I did the Brute version once, and the less knowledgeable folks were confused.

I just wanted you to know that I knew I did it wrong😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just tried an experiment.   I have been out for 1 1/2 hours. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I have not yet worn my new diamond pin.  I did not have on a cheerleader outfit or any other outfit.

All of the crew and pax I was passing by I sad hi or goodmorning. Each smiled back and said the same.  Some I had a chat with.  When leaving I would say have a great day and they said you too or you have a great day too or have a wonderful day.  I then walk by some with a straight face.  Most had no response, some smiled and some said hi.

My conclusion based on this and my experience the whole cruise.  You can pull joy out of almost anyone. I so far ran into just one guy in the elevator that I could not get a positive response from.  It has actually been easier on ship than on land.  Maybe others will try it.  

Have a great day!

LOVE IT!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Comedy Club was weird. No Basil. Just 45 minutes of Jackson Perdue. He was good, but was looking forward to Basil. 

And what was really weird, no host. So when Jackson ended, no one really knew what was up. Waiter had to tell us the show was over. 

Never seen that before. 

Yup, as to.....Harmony being weird.  😉 

What little there is to the entertainment....seems to be in a constant state of flux.  😮 

You didn't miss much.  Except for audience participation...same act...mostly same jokes for both shows.  He just cleaned it up for the theater.  

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Lobster is tomorrow night in MDR and CK

Was not a fan of the lobster in CK last month.  Far different than usual.  And I never get the awful sauce...but this last one was more like Louisiana Crawfish.  Very small..not served in the half shell.

Not sure if it will be different tonight...going for the pork instead.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess for the world cruise you will be buying your sitter an apartment on the beach for 6 months. Seems like  the only fair thing to do.

His dog sitter has a very very nice oceanfront condo I believe. Nothing but the best for Bella.

A bottle of baileys cheap payment. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

His dog sitter has a very very nice oceanfront condo I believe. Nothing but the best for Bella.

Ours is $100 per pet per week and a run at our fridge and freezers. We have 4 cats.      Wish we could get by with just a bottle of booze.  But my wife insists our sitters receive that since they are watching our house and pets.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  I hope you have a great day. 

I smile, alot.  When we aren't wearing a mask, I have found smiles to be contagious, and usually has a positive effect on starting a conversation, wherever I go.  🙂

Smile with your eyes now 😷

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Linda and Jerry live in our former complex. Its how we get our beach fix now

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was not a fan of the lobster in CK last month.  Far different than usual.  And I never get the awful sauce...but this last one was more like Louisiana Crawfish.  Very small..not served in the half shell.

Not sure if it will be different tonight...going for the pork instead.  

Lamb is my go to up there, with a tail on the side.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They didn't have any. Tried to push Sheridan on me.🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ours is $100 per pet per week and a run at our fridge and freezers. We have 4 cats.      Wish we could get by with just a bottle of booze.  But my wife insists our sitters receive that since they are watching our house and pets.

5 cats here. Costs us 2 cartons of Marlboro, but he lives here.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are fortunate in the dog sitter arena

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Without being me, that was me.  I loathe gum chewing.  Moooooooooooooooooo

Right there with you on the gum chewing. I used to work doing web page code writing. I shouldn't have had that task to begin with as I was a beginner at the time. We had one in the room that all day long, Snap, Snap, Bang, Bang. It was bad. I brought a cowbell to work one day.

• Haha 1