On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

20220113_000744.thumb.jpg.3cc628d64ddd4836964a38d6cac0b08b.jpg

Looks like we got back $99.59

Screenshot_20220113-001747_Royal.thumb.jpg.a609f28b21a7dd9bc08d5efac69e2d93.jpg

Based on $759 per cabin it seems accurate 

Can my cruise cancel all my shore stops so I can get that Bling $$$? Wasn’t planning to get off anyways. DD wants one of those Spirit Jersey’s.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

BTW, we’ve had enough. Just got off the phone with C&A desk and we cancelled our second leg. Stay safe everyone.

I guess I missed  it for your reasoning of cancelling the 2nd leg. Other's seem to be okay with the sailings.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess I missed  it for your reasoning of cancelling the 2nd leg. Other's seem to be okay with the sailings.

Can't speak for Orville99, but if I were in his shoes and the ship was simply returning to the same 2 ports with multiple sea days and no shows, I'd probably cancel too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Sorry you're no joining us.  Would have bought you a drink.  But yes, if its going to be a repeat, I can understand.

Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the itinerary, but everything to do with the actions of pax who feel that rules don’t apply to them, front facing staff too intimidated or just flat out scared for their own fragile safety to do anything about it; massive understaffing that makes the level of service untenable, and the attitude of several senior staff that whatever a passenger requests, they get whatever they get.

We heard one too many “but you don’t understand and you should just accept it” from a senior staff for us to have the same experience next week.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Fortunately for us, we don’t really care what you think.

Guess you meant to say what they think. Because I haven't been on the cruise to think one way or the other about it.

I just asked a question. You don't care to answer that's up to you.  No problem.

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Fortunately for us, we don’t really care what you think.

😅🤣👍

I don't blame you for cancelling....for me I do feel that having two identical (this week was supposed to be western back when I booked) of same two ports, 4 sea days each week, and limited services/entertainment...is just not the cruise we were supposed to have.  Still enjoying ourselves, but I am ready to "jump ship" on Sunday.   

And totally agree...way too many self entitled pax that don't care.  Shame...

Thanks again for starting this entertaining thread.  🙂  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

We had OBC added for missing St. Thomas last week equal to one day fare, but they did not refund the port fees, as they are doing this week .  

They didn't refund the port fees on my cancelled Navigator port last week either.  I was more than impressed with their generosity and never gave it a second thought.

• Like 2

Can't speak for Orville99, but if I were in his shoes and the ship was simply returning to the same 2 ports with multiple sea days and no shows, I'd probably cancel too.

I'm actually quite enjoying the voyage.

Wearing masks during shows is getting old, but there aren't a lot of shows to see 😕 

Comedy Club tonight, intend to actively drink for all 50 minutes😁😷

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess you meant to say what they think. Because I haven't been on the cruise to think one way or the other about it.

I just asked a question. You don't care to answer that's up to you.  No problem.

No, i simply don’t care about anything you have to say, question, or postulate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, I am only going to add to your hardship, by stating, that while the OP is getting off, and my DW would probably want to do the same thing if we were in their situation, I would be thinking this was a dream cruise, ever reduced passengers, no reason to get off the ship, aka more sea days, and TWO FlowRiders!!!!

I am sorry, but happy would be me!😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Before we depart, i do want to pass on kudos for the GS staff. They bent over backwards both last evening and again this morning to get us a phone line into the C&A desk so we could get the cruise cancelled. No easy task when you are at sea in bad weather while trying to bounce a signal off of a satellite. Will use the FCC on one of our upcoming 20 cruises, so all’s well that ends well.

i also hope they get some fresh crew reinforcements, because the crew just look exhausted and defeated.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It looks like Grease and the Aqua show Big Daddy are back on for the week on 1/16 according to a schedule someone posted on another social media site

• Like 2

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

i also hope they get some reinforcements, because the crew just look exhausted and defeated.

This is what tugs at my heartstrings the most.  For us cruisers, this is just another vacay or fun activity (supposedly) but for the crew, it is their livelihood which in normal times was hard enough.  Throw the pandemic in the mix and it becomes harrowing. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Before we depart, i do want to pass on kudos for the GS staff. They bent over backwards both last evening and again this morning to get us a phone line into the C&A desk so we could get the cruise cancelled. No easy task when you are at sea in bad weather while trying to bounce a signal off of a satellite. Will use the FCC on one of our upcoming 20 cruises, so all’s well that ends well.

i also hope they get some fresh crew reinforcements, because the crew just look exhausted and defeated.

sorry to hear you are cancelling the next leg, and you didn’t get the experience you were looking for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Easy for you to say but have you ever try to take a drink pic in a hot tub with no one there to help?  Took 3 attempts to get it.  

20220113_153433.thumb.jpg.c9788921618a8eb03f7865f085241e5c.jpg

That was risky -- you could have dropped your phone in the hot tub -- then what?  No more pictures, apps - no more reservations, nor calls, nor texts, nor streaming,  How did we ever manage without cell phones?  

25 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I am only going to add to your hardship, by stating, that while the OP is getting off, and my DW would probably want to do the same thing if we were in their situation, I would be thinking this was a dream cruise, ever reduced passengers, no reason to get off the ship, aka more sea days, and TWO FlowRiders!!!!

I am sorry, but happy would be me!😂

Speaking of hardships, you might be happy until one of the FlowRider crew tests positive and they are all quarantined for the length of your cruise!  Can you imagine the frustration that would cause?  😂

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I really don't see that kind of stress in any of my interactions this week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Easy for you to say but have you ever try to take a drink pic in a hot tub with no one there to help?  Took 3 attempts to get it.  

20220113_153433.thumb.jpg.c9788921618a8eb03f7865f085241e5c.jpg

And why do the glasses always look so small?  I have had that problem with drink photos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

That was risky -- you could have dropped your phone in the hot tub -- then what?  No more pictures, apps - no more reservations, nor calls, nor texts, nor streaming,  How did we ever manage without cell phones?  

Lots of phones these days are waterproof 😉

• Like 1