On Edge Now 1/9-16 Observations

miaminative0853

On 1/12/2022 at 7:06 AM, fd851 said:

Miaminative,

If you meet my friend Marty, big guy driving a red scooter, staying in suites, also.... tell him he looks good and ask him if he played football!  Then tell him I said "hello"

Frank

Frank, I just ran into Marty. He said to tell you he is headed to quarantine.

He looks good. Probably won't need your services any time soon. 

5 hours ago, miaminative0853 said:

Frank, I just ran into Marty. He said to tell you he is headed to quarantine.

He looks good. Probably won't need your services any time soon. 

Miaminative,

There are few things I can think of that are worse than being quarantined with him!  Thanks for seeking him out!  I hope your trip continues to be virus free.

Thanks,

Frank

35 minutes ago, fd851 said:

Miaminative,

There are few things I can think of that are worse than being quarantined with him!  Thanks for seeking him out!  I hope your trip continues to be virus free.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank, He broke into the biggest laugh once he figured out it was you behind the message. It made his day. I was honored to be the straight man to your inside joke. 

I am scheduled on the Jan. 23 cruise. What has the entertainment been like? Are there shows in the theatre or just individual performers? I realize things can change in a week, but interested in the current situation. Thanks.

Thank you for letting us tag along on your cruise! Hubby and I are booked on the 1/30 Edge - we'll be there come hell or high water! (er, or I guess a positive Covid test before we fly to Florida...knock wood!)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Thank you for letting us tag along on your cruise! Hubby and I are booked on the 1/30 Edge - we'll be there come hell or high water! (er, or I guess a positive Covid test before we fly to Florida...knock wood!)

My sister and I are also on the 1/30 sailing.  Looking forward to getting away from the current weeks cold weather.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Question about Eden on the Edge…is it the same menu as the Apex…people have raved about the Apex menu but I have not found a recent menu for the Edge…is the Edge the same from when they first started sailing or has it been updated?

Eden on Edge has a different menu than Apex, which I loved.

3 hours ago, Straughn said:

I am scheduled on the Jan. 23 cruise. What has the entertainment been like? Are there shows in the theatre or just individual performers? I realize things can change in a week, but interested in the current situation. Thanks.

There have been at least 2 shows - Kaleidoscope and Color of Life

4 hours ago, Straughn said:

Both in the theater and some musicans. Audiences in theater have been understandably small. The usual musicans in the main lobby at night. I'd say the performances have been lighter in terms of frequency around the ship but its been fine for us. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMoney said:

Eden on Edge has a different menu than Apex, which I loved.

4 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Question about Eden on the Edge…is it the same menu as the Apex…people have raved about the Apex menu but I have not found a recent menu for the Edge…is the Edge the same from when they first started sailing or has it been updated?

We havent eaten in Eden although we looked at the menu. Seems similar to our last Edge cruise but that was in the Med in 2019. I say similiar only in the sense that I didnt understand it then and I still don't understand it. LoL

3 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

You're welcome. I'm wishing you nothing but negative (test results)! It is definitely odd being on Edge with only 900 or so passengers! No lines, get into an restaurant pretty much any time, no problem getting a lounger by the pool (unless you are in the Retreat, ironically), etc. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 3:25 PM, hoklun said:

On this sailing as well. Both sides of deck 6 aft seem to be closed off for quarantine rooms. Deck 8 forward also is out of bounds. Haven't heard any announcements, but it may be more for staff from the week prior rather than guests (the activity manager (Kate?) Seemed to be sick after her first day. Hope she's doing well).

Mostly everyone wearing masks and social distancing (except for a couple who decided to sit right next to us at the theatre without masks and started to cough away). Staff at showtime also seemed to individually social distance with each other. 🤷 Maybe scared of contact tracing and having to quarantine?

As for TV/HDMI input Jim_Iain's instructions worked. Press CC button (hear gibberish), then Menu button. Thanks!

Hoklun, my wife and I will be on Edge back to back boarding on 1-23-22, can you elaborate on using the HDMI input on the TV, would love to bring our Fire stick with us, thanks for any info you can share.

17 hours ago, Straughn said:

Are there shows in the theatre or just individual performers?

There have been guest performers or a production show every night.  The production show Kaleidoscope was done earlier in the week, last night 1/3 of the way through Colors of Life some part of the mechanism that raises and lowers a circle on the stage made an ominous sound…men quickly came out to look at it but it obviously wasn’t going to be a quick fix and the show had to end then.

But there has been plenty of entertainment every night and music in many different venues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, miaminative0853 said:

Both in the theater and some musicans. Audiences in theater have been understandably small. The usual musicans in the main lobby at night. I'd say the performances have been lighter in terms of frequency around the ship but its been fine for us. Enjoy your cruise!

What I loved about our early July cruise is they had music started very early afternoon with either a guitar player or duo in Eden or martini bar area .

17 hours ago, drakes2 said:

My sister and I are also on the 1/30 sailing.  Looking forward to getting away from the current weeks cold weather.

No kidding...it's warmed up to -22 with the windchill here in Hamilton. It was -26 when I walked home from the grocery store an hour ago (thankfully it's only a few blocks away). See you in a few weeks!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, miaminative0853 said:

You're welcome. I'm wishing you nothing but negative (test results)! It is definitely odd being on Edge with only 900 or so passengers! No lines, get into an restaurant pretty much any time, no problem getting a lounger by the pool (unless you are in the Retreat, ironically), etc. Enjoy!

We are booked in a sky suite so thanks for the warning about the Retreat! There are 15 suites available on our sailing so I'll be curious to see if the Retreat areas are as busy on our sailing as they are on yours.

15 hours ago, miaminative0853 said:

no problem getting a lounger by the pool (unless you are in the Retreat, ironically),

This, to me, is very disappointing.  I have read several reviews where it's stated that they've piled people into the Retreat so that the pool area and Luminae are crowded.  

I know on MSC's Yacht Club there is no such problem.  It does vary with the Haven.

Celebrity is rather new to the ship within a ship concept......but to me if this continues I'll be torn between an SV (if available) with the 4 restaurants, rather than the Retreat.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mafig said:

This, to me, is very disappointing.  I have read several reviews where it's stated that they've piled people into the Retreat so that the pool area and Luminae are crowded.  

I know on MSC's Yacht Club there is no such problem.  It does vary with the Haven.

Celebrity is rather new to the ship within a ship concept......but to me if this continues I'll be torn between an SV (if available) with the 4 restaurants, rather than the Retreat.

I really like the retreat area and celebrity suite perks , while I also loved MSc yacht club and there ship within a ship concept and I agree there outside area is bigger and nicer than edge , celebrity Luminae is definitely better than yacht club at least in mine opinion. The other edge yacht club had was there entertainment in that area you truly did not need to leave that area. I would be happy with either.