Recommendations for how to approach items not included with "Always Included"

chiguypaul

Somewhat new to Celebrity, but has been years. Sailing with my wife, and two older teens. We are Elite (through RCL Diamond). We booked our Interior room with the Always Included package. Could you please help me with how to approach the following:

I would like:

• All the members of my family to have the Stream capability (doesn't come with AI or the Elevate package). I am fine with a single person having a four device account and us sharing that.
  • To have the ability for any of us to get smoothies. Classic package does not include and X support could not confirm if included with Premium.

What is the best and more economical way get these items? 

Thanks,

Paul

12 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Somewhat new to Celebrity, but has been years. Sailing with my wife, and two older teens. We are Elite (through RCL Diamond). We booked our Interior room with the Always Included package. Could you please help me with how to approach the following:

I would like:

• All the members of my family to have the Stream capability (doesn't come with AI or the Elevate package). I am fine with a single person having a four device account and us sharing that.
  • To have the ability for any of us to get smoothies. Classic package does not include and X support could not confirm if included with Premium.

What is the best and more economical way get these items? 

Thanks,

Paul

You can call this number to update your package(s) to streaming. The same folks can update your Classic packages to premium if that works for you. You may also get a discount because of your RCI loyalty status. Not sure about that, though. 

4170CBCE-566C-4613-9E23-0AAC0ABA3A88.thumb.jpeg.049f7c7041a581ffec1674b328b2cbe8.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

The smoothies on Celebrity may not be the fruit and sugar bomb smoothies you may be expecting. They're usually room temperature-ish, heavy on ginger/kale/coriander/coconut milk, etc. Equinox has a special frozen drink bar but the hours can be very hit or miss.

Celebrity also doesn't do the 'dynamic pricing' and random package type stuff that Royal does. You will have to pay the difference between surf vs. stream to upgrade. You would get 10% off the upgrade with your Elite discount but that's it. 

14 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Classic package does not include and X support could not confirm if included with Premium.

You can find out whether the smoothies are included in the Premium package while on board.  The only advantage to upgrading prior to boarding is convenience.

The all-in upgrade cost will come out to around $11/person/day for you ($10/day, minus your 10% discount, and plus the 20% included gratuity).  One can spend that much in overage very quickly!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

So if I read this correctly....smoothies aren't listed under any package. Out of curiosity does anyone know how much they charge for one... ? Perhaps if under $9 you can get it with the classic? I know you can get pina colada's and other fluffy drinks with the classic... and that is with alcohol. Beyond the cafe by the spa (which would logically have the kale type)... where else could you get one? 

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

So if I read this correctly....smoothies aren't listed under any package. Out of curiosity does anyone know how much they charge for one... ? Perhaps if under $9 you can get it with the classic? I know you can get pina colada's and other fluffy drinks with the classic... and that is with alcohol. Beyond the cafe by the spa (which would logically have the kale type)... where else could you get one? 

k - there is a 'sub-set' of beverages which are not included in any package regardless of price. The merits of this, I cannot argue for or against, it is what it is and I will order according to my desire(s) LOL

I cannot tell you which ones, with the exception of the fact that there are a few at The Spa Cafe which are not included under any package. The server was insistent on reminding me each time I ordered one and finally I asked that I not be reminded because I was aware of the additional charge. I only wanted the drink... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

51 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

You can find out whether the smoothies are included in the Premium package while on board.  The only advantage to upgrading prior to boarding is convenience.

The all-in upgrade cost will come out to around $11/person/day for you ($10/day, minus your 10% discount, and plus the 20% included gratuity).  One can spend that much in overage very quickly!

For me it was well worth the upgrade to the PBP as I drink at least 4 bottles of perrier or san pellegrino a day. I think each bottle is around 2.50 to 3.00 plus gratuities. Also got a large bottle of Evian every few days  this was a 10 night cruise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kearney said:

They are $6 but not included in the Classic Package. You can't get anything similar anywhere else on the ship. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.23.28 AM.png

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

k - there is a 'sub-set' of beverages which are not included in any package regardless of price. The merits of this, I cannot argue for or against, it is what it is and I will order according to my desire(s) LOL

I cannot tell you which ones, with the exception of the fact that there are a few at The Spa Cafe which are not included under any package. The server was insistent on reminding me each time I ordered one and finally I asked that I not be reminded because I was aware of the additional charge. I only wanted the drink... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

So from what you are saying... it sounds like a waste of money for OP to upgrade to premium..if all they really wanted was to use it for smoothies...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

yuck

The antioxidant, serenity, and detox are quite tasty.

They also were happy to do some mixing, matching, adding, and subtracting.  Be sure to add ginger to the detox.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

So from what you are saying... it sounds like a waste of money for OP to upgrade to premium..if all they really wanted was to use it for smoothies...

That would be my take, yet I do recommend that IF one is adamant about only drinking one beverage, then they may wish to consider waiting until boarding to decide if in fact that is true, overall, before deciding to purchase an up-grade.

Cheers and bon voyage

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

The antioxidant, serenity, and detox are quite tasty.

They also were happy to do some mixing, matching, adding, and subtracting.  Be sure to add ginger to the detox.  

I would agree. I think they are decent as are the pressed juices. If you are expecting a frozen Jamba Juice concoction you would be pretty surprised when that ginger and cilantro smacks your tastebuds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

That would be my take, yet I do recommend that IF one is adamant about only drinking one beverage, then they may wish to consider waiting until boarding to decide if in fact that is true, overall, before deciding to purchase an up-grade.

Cheers and bon voyage

@Bo1953Hi Bo. Do you know if Aperol spritzers are included during the Elite HH. We did the simply sail for upcoming Edge on January 30th so no drinks included.  Some of the red cabs they offer during that time frame are pretty decent.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

The upgrade discount is only available prior to boarding (and I think it is a few days prior), according to Celebrity. However, if you don't upgrade until you've investigated a few days on the ship to make sure it is worth it, you only pay the prorated amount and could save money. Plus some have stated on here that if you upgrade with a bartender, they are grateful for the rest of the cruise - I have no experience with this.

And I think the 20% adds $2 to the $10/day for a price of $12/day to upgrade.

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Bo1953Hi Bo. Do you know if Aperol spritzers are included during the Elite HH. We did the simply sail for upcoming Edge on January 30th so no drinks included.  Some of the red cabs they offer during that time frame are pretty decent.

@drakes2 Hello d2, I do not know if Aperol Spritzers are included during EHH...

Yet, I bet were you to give the HH Host(ess) your request in advance,  they would do their best to accommodate you.

That is an easy request which is not expensive at all vs wanting Dom Perignon...

A great approach could be: Host I was thinking of wanting some DP during our HH, yet Aperol Spritzer will work instead, will you see your way to accommodate this? ... The look on their face would be priceless after figuring out that you really wanted the later vs the former and will accommodate accordingly... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

17 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I would agree. I think they are decent as are the pressed juices. If you are expecting a frozen Jamba Juice concoction you would be pretty surprised when that ginger and cilantro smacks your tastebuds. 

Those smoothies are only rivals to Macallan IMO, on-board...LOL

At times I have had them with a Macallan chaser... Ahhh, cannot wait to do that again.

No, they do not compliment each other and can cancel each other due to disparate taste profiles, yet it is the fact that it can be done...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 2

I would wait on the upgrade until on board, after seeing if what I wanted was included in said package...or even if I liked the "smoothies" at the spa cafe that are offered.

The bartenders will gladly  mix up a non alcoholic smoothie of your choosing (covered by the classic), that is my experience...when I sailed once with family.  

I'd be the same with the internet, wait and see if it did what you wanted it to do before committing $$$.  

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yet, I bet were you to give the HH Host(ess) your request in advance,  they would do their best to accommodate you.

That is an easy request which is not expensive at all vs wanting Dom Perignon...

A great approach could be: Host I was thinking of wanting some DP during our HH, yet Aperol Spritzer will work instead, will you see your way to accommodate this? ... The look on their face would be priceless after figuring out that you really wanted the later vs the former and will accommodate accordingly... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Greetings

At the present time I believe that there are no Elite Happy Hour gatherings.  The Elite drinks are chosen from an Elite Happy Hour menu at the various bars.  We are Elite but always have a Premium, package so I don't remember the exact hours.  Don't know if this is a permanent change or just a Covid policy.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Cheers and bon voyage

Thanks Bo. Great approach. I remember a few years back when I first became elite the CC host at the sky lounge who was British came over to speak with me. Turns out we were from the same town in London UK.  The fancy drinks were flowing. 😆 

• Like 1

I've actually had all of those smoothies on board.  As others point out, these are not the sugary liquids sold in the land based smoothies stores.  The ones on Celebrity are much better.

I think I had at least one every day of the last two Edge cruises I sailed.

• Thanks 1

We enjoy the smoothies at the Spa Cafe, and they are only included in the Premium package.  The wait staff has always been happy to let us mix and match ingredients to create our own.

ETA:  The smoothies are only available during the cafe hours (breakfast and lunch).

Edited by hiccups
  • Thanks 1