Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

11 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

The librarian and drummer. We liked the previous librarian better.

They were all the same on first night.  I think I would miss the librarian....he had a great voice and expressions.  

Edited by island lady

Currently docked in Cozumel, across from old friend Oasis.  Sad to see all the rust spots on her...but have so many happy memories of her ever since she was brand new and in PC!  Loved the old CL...which became the DL later...and I think is now Wonderland?  Not sure if that happened when it was amped some years ago.  Can see Port Side BBQ from CK.  Heard many good things about it.  🙂 

Heading out to the "other" terminal area for favorite restaurant, Pancho's Back yard for lunch.  Have been several times to the original downtown location, but actually like the view and the nice walk to the second one, which is right on the water.    

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The room really wasnt that cut up.  Both doors to the bathroom swung in towards the bathroom.  Granted we love to have two bathrooms but the two doors on the Grand worked very well for us.  My wife is an early riser and the curtain went completely across the the opening.  With my sound machine cranked up and her having access to the bathroom in the living room I never heard a thing.  Both areas had there own thermostat as well which made it nice.  Both rooms had separate controls for the lights and the drapes.  Coffee in the living room, the balcony door, and the exit to the room was all on her side while I slept.  It was a good layout for us and we would use it again.  The location just off the elevator was also a nice plus.

Did you ever get the cabin controls to work on the app.

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Currently docked in Cozumel, across from old friend Oasis.  Sad to see all the rust spots on her...but have so many happy memories of her ever since she was brand new and in PC!  Loved the old CL...which became the DL later...and I think is now Wonderland?  Not sure if that happened when it was amped some years ago.  Can see Port Side BBQ from CK.  Heard many good things about it.  🙂 

Heading out to the "other" terminal area for favorite restaurant, Pancho's Back yard for lunch.  Have been several times to the original downtown location, but actually like the view and the nice walk to the second one, which is right on the water.    

On Oasis the old CL is cabins, card room, and LA office.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed our lunch at Pancho's Backyard for lunch.  Nice sunny walk over to the competitor's terminal area, (which IMHO  I think is nicer than the international pier we dock at ).  Got a table in the breeze right over the water's edge, enjoyed their "Mexican Sampler" plate with big glasses of Margaritas on the rocks.  Spoiled!  😉  

Did the usual poking our noses into a few touristy shops. Found a "chocolate tasting shop" with local homemade Mexican chocolate...Bucky scored a nice dark bar.  😋

Earlier this morning, while waiting for substitute cabin attendant to have a chance in our cabin, we were able to score a last minute ride on Northstar.  They were not busy at all.  Finally first time on the "big crane"...it was pretty cool!  

Canceled our reservations for Northstar on Friday, in favor of "Zone Zero" at Sea Plex.  Mario recommended it to us...he loves it and has done it many times.   Hmmm...will be interesting.  😉 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Really enjoyed our lunch at Pancho's Backyard for lunch.  Nice sunny walk over to the competitor's terminal area, (which IMHO  I think is nicer than the international pier we dock at ).  Got a table in the breeze right over the water's edge, enjoyed their "Mexican Sampler" plate with big glasses of Margaritas on the rocks.  Spoiled!  😉  

Did the usual poking our noses into a few touristy shops. Found a "chocolate tasting shop" with local homemade Mexican chocolate...Bucky scored a nice dark bar.  😋

Earlier this morning, while waiting for substitute cabin attendant to have a chance in our cabin, we were able to score a last minute ride on Northstar.  They were not busy at all.  Finally first time on the "big crane"...it was pretty cool!  

Canceled our reservations for Northstar on Friday, in favor of "Zone Zero" at Sea Plex.  Mario recommended it to us...he loves it and has done it many times.   Hmmm...will be interesting.  😉 

What is Zone Zero?

• Like 2

What is Zone Zero on Odyssey of the Seas?

Image result for zone zero royal caribbean

Zone Zero

Odyssey of the Seas has the SkyPad virtual reality trampoline experience, but there is another virtual reality game you can play onboard in the SeaPlex. What is this? Zone Zero is a complimentary virtual reality experience for up to 4 guests at a time, and it is only available on Odyssey of the Seas.
7 Sept 2021
  • Like 1

I was curious what Zone Zero was as I hadn't heard about it, googled it and the above info was from the 'Blog'

Not sure about cost - might be one of these activities that has a complimentary and a $$ component depending on which option you choose - Northstar and Ifly come to mind that have these additional options.

Hopefully IslandLady can give some more info when she does it

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I was curious what Zone Zero was as I hadn't heard about it, googled it and the above info was from the 'Blog'

Not sure about cost - might be one of these activities that has a complimentary and a $$ component depending on which option you choose - Northstar and Ifly come to mind that have these additional options.

Hopefully IslandLady can give some more info when she does it

Twangster did a posting about his trip mid January, he wrote

Zone Zero was a lot of fun and a level of virtual reality I've never experienced before. It is $18 per person. Since I am solo I was paired up with 3 teenage girls to make our team of four as we Swashbuckled our way to defeat the Kraken. Picture is free to download.

Edited by fliprcruiser
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

What is zone zero?

Erika

2 hours ago, jamon said:

I read that there is a cost of like 18.00 to do zone zero....so you say it is free....

It used to be free.  But they are now charging 18.00 a person.  The charge for Friday's upcoming adventure already showed up for both of us on our sea pass account.  😮  Too bad the refunds with RCI don't come out as quick.  😄 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

A virtual adventure tour...think it is a total of about 15 minutes.  They gear you up with the head piece...suit etc.  Will be interesting...that's for sure.  

It would be even more interesting if RCI didn't feel the need to add charges to more and more things.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, island lady said:

We love Pancho's Backyard!  Both locations are great.  Love the water view and the iguanas at the port location.     

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

It used to be free.  But they are now charging 18.00 a person.  The charge for Friday's upcoming adventure already showed up for both of us on our sea pass account.  😮  Too bad the refunds with RCI don't come out as quick.  😄 

Zone Zero is a lot of fun. We did it last time we were on Odyssey, I was worried because I had never done any virtual reality activities. At that time it was free. But it was a lot of fun, at the end my team somehow defeated the Kraken!!

• Like 3

I'm toying with doing a thread next week comparing Odyssey to Harmony. That's where I'll put my final thoughts on Odyssey.  

Originally was going to do it on March 5th Symphony cruise since we have an OS as well. But Laura may stand me up and I'll ask a neighbor to join me. Not sure what shape I'll be in for an entire week with a true partner in crime. 

Plus Ken will be solo as well I believe. Good times

• Like 9

Zone Zero was complimentary for the first handful of cruises it was offered as they worked out any bugs.  It wasn't wasn't available at launch, it only became available later, like October or November IIRC.  Nick Weir was pretty clear that was a temporary thing (free).   Like the escape rooms, it was never intended to be free on a permanent basis.  

I hope they offer other adventures in Zone Zero.  It was a cool experience, much more immersive than the AR on Skypad, but a different adventure would be nice having defeated the Kraken.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm toying with doing a thread next week comparing Odyssey to Harmony. That's where I'll put my final thoughts on Odyssey.  

Originally was going to do it on March 5th Symphony cruise since we have an OS as well. But Laura may stand me up and I'll ask a neighbor to join me. Not sure what shape I'll be in for an entire week with a true partner in crime. 

Plus Ken will be solo as well I believe. Good times

Yes, I really need a comparison of the two classes.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It would be even more interesting if RCI didn't feel the need to add charges to more and more things.

Indeed the refunds are very frustrating.  My overcharge refund that was quoted as "7-10" days is now 2 months with no show.  Two emails and four phone calls...nothing.  ☹️