Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis March 12, 2023

I wish we could go.  It would be so nice to meet everyone.  But, alas, at work we are doing a big software upgrade that month (yes, planning this far out), and no one is able to get time off.  Sigh.  Maybe I should start playing the lotto.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

This looks to be the value cruise spot for one of the legs. Does that price include tips and internet and specialty restaurants? 

Wonders of Asia & the Pacific Expedition

Stateroom Category Lead Rate Price per day
Interior Stateroom $17,799 Per Person* $205 Per Person*

Tips, internet, drinks, laundry

No one gets speciality dining

Full trip gets the Wonder Excursions, Business Class Air, and pre cruise hotel with bon voyage gala

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

, Chops is on that shipTips, internet, drinks, laundry

Full trip gets the Wonder Excursions, Business Class Air, and pre cruise hotel with bon voyage gala

Wonder if they will have an UDP on that sailing, Chops is on that ship anything else? Wonder what price would be?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder if they will have an UDP on that sailing, Chops is on that ship anything else? Wonder what price would be?

Giovanni's, Chef's Table, might be a sushi place in the old Seaview Cafe.

Radiance ships have the best Chef's Table I've done.

Rumor is lots of local cuisine and entertainment on the way

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Nope...and actually not even sure when or what ship that is.  We are pretty packed up now all the way through into 2024.  😉 

Besides, now that your cover has been blown,  you wouldn't be able to hide from us. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BecAus said:

Ahh, that definitely makes sense!  Makes sense with all your other plans too  - wow, sounds amazing!

I see Biker posted today our cruise ban is extended to April 17th which is not a surprise. We don't really have a winter cruising season down here

I think there is some hope we will have a season starting this October here in Aus however I think (at this stage) NZ may pose a problem : (

I'd heard they were opening to Aussie's in July and everyone in Oct.  I briefly searched out a self-drive of the Sth Island for October and then thought I'd just check their official travel website.  Whilst they are opening they are expecting travellers to quarantine for 10days on arrival!!   Can't see any way they'll be letting ships in if that is the case!

I have a 11n NZ cruise booked from Sydney in November and I'm a lot less hopeful about that now  : (

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then of course but geez, just when I started to have some hope that it would all be looking up by then.

Glad you enjoyed your experience today and had fun!

Indeed we are sure hoping to visit your beautiful country by this time next year.  Spent our honeymoon...many moons ago...in NZ.  Never got the chance to spend time in Australia.  Now that we have the time, am hoping it happens now.  Was pretty bummed when our bucket list of cruising around the "land down under" didn't happen last year.  That is why I did not take a chance on 2022...and booked into 2023.  🤞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Besides, now that your cover has been blown,  you wouldn't be able to hide from us. 😎

Drats!!  

Then again, I am popular with the crew by wearing my funny masks.  I carry 8-10 different ones and change out daily (easy to wash and hang dry at night). 

Good way to hide that way.  😉 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’ll look into booking that when we get onboard.  Hopefully it doesn’t all book up too quickly. Sounds like fun!

It was hilarious!  So happy we decided to try it.  Mario raved about it one morning at breakfast and told us he has gone several times, suggested we try it.  Glad we did!  🤗

Was indeed quite booked up...don't try it on a sea day.  Easy to get in this morning at 9 am, since the ship pretty much emptied out with pax rushing to get their place on the beach here at Coco Cay.  

Just got back from our usual walk around Coco Cay, plus Bucky's desire for picnic hotdogs at lunch.  Of course a couple of Coco Locos gave their lives to us as we walked. 😄 Absolutely beautiful day here, upper 70s, light breeze, partly cloudy.  

We don't do the beach thing here...just enjoy a full walk around the area.  

Now it's a beer and wine in the cabin while we do the dreaded packing...ugh.   I prefer turn around days....should have booked another go round again.   😉  Laundry starts tomorrow after the 3 hour drive home.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Tips, internet, drinks, laundry

During the Vicki coffee talk, there was mention that those who can drive to embark/disembark can get pricing without airfare.  I think it was a $1500 reduction.

• Like 1

Just now, ILCTCRUISER said:

During the Vicki coffee talk, there was mention that those who can drive to embark/disembark can get pricing without airfare.  I think it was a $1500 reduction.

Yea, I was hoping for a little more.

At one point I read they capped the airfare at $4000

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Better laundry, I'm hoping

Agree.  For that matter, it should be better laundry.  Graphic for world cruise shows Wash and Fold and I believe Vicki or it may have been Abundance said there was a limit on how many wash and fold each week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

What are Rhode Island’s laws about doctors practicing medicine while under the influence of Expresso Martinis?  Or does being in international waters nullify these?😇😂

This state is run by the Mob and I have relatives.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, sml3 said:

All four legs would be a bit too much even if I was retired. I would miss my family and especially the grandbabies! How can anyone be gone for that long from family???

With those great prices just bring the whole family along with you.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The ship holds 4000 people. No way they have that many slots available. Charging for unique experiences is the best way to have available opportunities for people that really like those activities. Just my take. 

Also adds to the bottom line for Royal😉

You must have been the one that recommened to RCI that they start charging for Johnny Rocket's.🤨

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You must have been the one that recommened to RCI that they start charging for Johnny Rocket's.🤨

I miss the old BOGO coupons 

But I do remember it being packed with kids on Freedom in the olden times