What percentage before we turn red status?

phoenix_dream

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Sorry to hear of your illness truly.  But my comments were much more general in nature and were not targeting you or meant to offend you.  If I did- not my intention at all.  Most (not all) vaccinated and boosted people are very well protected from serious illness from Omicron.  The data is highly definitive about that from the CDC or any other legitimate medical source.   Again sorry about your case and hope you recover soon.  

Lots of vaccinated folks die from this daily and no one knows who until you get it

53 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Currently crew is being removed on turnaround day in port, not mid-cruise. 

If the 'elsewhere' is the 30k member group, remember that 29.9k of those have no clue what they are talking about 🤯 

Currently, perhaps, since case counts have subsided. But my recollection is fairly specific from at least one of the many "live from quarantine" accounts in the last 6 weeks, watching in boredom from isolation as a number of ill crew were being removed from their ship. I doubt I'm imagining this.

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Sorry to hear of your illness truly.  But my comments were much more general in nature and were not targeting you or meant to offend you.  If I did- not my intention at all.  Most (not all) vaccinated and boosted people are very well protected from serious illness from Omicron.  The data is highly definitive about that from the CDC or any other legitimate medical source.   Again sorry about your case and hope you recover soon.  

I don't believe that to be a true analysis. It's a generalization. Furthermore, says that vaccinated people are less likely to die.  I don't think that's much of a bar for reducing restrictions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

Perhaps your definition of "lots" differs from the norm.

For those of you who endorse this comment....I hope you or anyone you love doesn't fall into that group. Because, if it's you or someone you love, "lots"takes on a whole new meaning.

Edited by Guppy99
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

For those of you who endorse this comment....I hope you or anyone you love doesn't fall into that group. Because, if it's you or someone you love, "lots"takes on a whole new meaning.

Ever had the flu?

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Currently crew is being removed on turnaround day in port, not mid-cruise. 

If the 'elsewhere' is the 30k member group, remember that 29.9k of those have no clue what they are talking about 🤯 

Are you suggesting that crew members who have tested positive for Covid and who have not met the 10 day/5 day quarantine rules are being allowed to come ashore in the US?  

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Are you suggesting that crew members who have tested positive for Covid and who have not met the 10 day/5 day quarantine rules are being allowed to come ashore in the US?  

Royal is using a couple of their ships as floating hotels to house crew members in quarantine.  Perhaps Celebrity also has crew on those ships or maybe the Summit is being used to house infected crew.

I am sure the crew testing positive are being quarantined ashore if not on a quarantine ship.   Neither COVID node the Flu can be called minor illnesses especially if you are frail.   It is also possible to have both at once and you can be tested for that.   We are on a Seabourn ship right now and we were tested at the pier and also had to bring a negative test and vaccination card with us.    I have noticed one cabin/suite that appears in quarantine and they allow you to remain in your suite.   Not sure about your cabin partner, maybe they stay with you or move to another suite, they are all nice.    We have to wear masks except when eating or drinking so it is a bother, but doable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Yes.  They can come ashore to a quarantine/isolation facility.   The cruise line would be responsible for all costs.

Why would that be different from those that needed to be hospitalized in the US.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes.  You can search the RCL boards for descriptions of nighttime transfers.

And do they include Celebrity?  I haven’t cruised RCI for many moons.😉

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Any examples?  

I believe a lot of it is at Coco Cay. Honestly I don’t necessarily see this as a bad thing as long as RCG is taking good care of them. From rumblings I have heard about how well they treated some staff during the pandemic I would think that they are well cared for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Not really suggesting…that is what’s happening. Just the same as positive passengers are set free to quarantine on land. 

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  They can come ashore to a quarantine/isolation facility.   The cruise line would be responsible for all costs.

Why would that be different from those that needed to be hospitalized in the US.

If someone was sick enough to require emergency hospitalization, then it would make sense. It would be a responsible action,  

Moving non US residents (crew) into the US for quarantine when infected seems a bit much to me.  A negative Covid test is required to travel to the US, so I am not sure why it would be different, especially since they could easily continue to quarantine/isolate on the ship.  Maintaining low number of cruise ship cases by moving infected crew members to US land hotels seems like a terrible idea to me.  But anything is possible.

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If someone was sick enough to require emergency hospitalization, then it would make sense. It would be a responsible action,  

Moving non US residents (crew) into the US for quarantine when infected seems a bit much to me.  A negative Covid test is required to travel to the US, so I am not sure why it would be different, especially since they could easily continue to quarantine/isolate on the ship.  Maintaining low number of cruise ship cases by moving infected crew members to US land hotels seems like a terrible idea to me.  But anything is possible.

Perhaps this type of arrangement was negotiated with the ports before the CDC allowed cruising to resume.  What to do with infected crew seems like an expected issue that would require a pre-planned solution.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Perhaps this type of arrangement was negotiated with the ports before the CDC allowed cruising to resume.  What to do with infected crew seems like an expected issue that would require a pre-planned solution.

Perhaps.  

On 1/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

It's simple.  The new protocol is: "Don't Test, Don't Tell"

That kind of selfish disregard is what got us here. Hopefully more people have a social conscience than think that way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I see no issue with this. They are not roaming freely; they are in quarantine. They don't just send them to the nearest Hilton. These are prearranged facilities with safety factors in place.  The cruiseline needs to restaff and they need those cabins for other potential cases on the next cruise.  After their recovery they get right back on the ship. So where's the problem? I just don't see it.

• Like 2