What percentage before we turn red status?

phoenix_dream

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

And yet, 2000 people a day are dying from Covid in the US from what you say is "not much serious health risk".

How many of those people are fully vaccinated?   That's what we are talking about here, a cruise ship with everyone fully vaccinated...that reduces the risk greatly...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

How many of those people are fully vaccinated?   That's what we are talking about here, a cruise ship with everyone fully vaccinated...that reduces the risk greatly...

Yes that is exactly what I was saying.  The risk to fully vaccinated and boosted cruise passengers on ships for serious complications is extremely low.  And the data has proven that to be the case if you follow those reports from passengers on the ships.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I stand corrected there are 2 tests in each box, so we did get 4.

Here is what we received.

7685411D-209E-459C-9511-1CB2C2102842.thumb.jpeg.16fb1feb31b830fc600c3ebd2245a7ae.jpeg

Thanks.  That is what I ordered and received from Amazon several weeks ago and it was $29.97 for a box with two tests.  Today on Amazon it is $17.98 same kit.  So maybe the "free" tests have decreased the price.

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

And yet, 2000 people a day are dying from Covid in the US from what you say is "not much serious health risk".

C'mon you know that is not what I said or implied.  I was referring to cruise passengers vaccinated and boosted.  But thanks for responding to my post.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks.  That is what I ordered and received from Amazon several weeks ago and it was $29.97 for a box with two tests.  Today on Amazon it is $17.98 same kit.  So maybe the "free" tests have decreased the price.

I’ve bought those directly from iHealth before. They’re well-designed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that is exactly what I was saying.  The risk to fully vaccinated and boosted cruise passengers on ships for serious complications is extremely low.  And the data has proven that to be the case if you follow those reports from passengers on the ships.

Do you need a booster to cruise?

1 hour ago, chamima said:

57 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The CDC's most recent data is from November 2021. During November, unvaccinated adults had 68x greater risk of dying from Covid-19 compared to fully vaccinated and boosted adults.

Using that figure, divide 2000 by 68 and you get about 29 vaxxed and boosted people dying from Covid per day, in the whole of the US.

Source: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I stand corrected there are 2 tests in each box, so we did get 4.

Here is what we received.

7685411D-209E-459C-9511-1CB2C2102842.thumb.jpeg.16fb1feb31b830fc600c3ebd2245a7ae.jpeg

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I bought a box from Amazon a few weeks ago.  It cost about $19 and took about 10 days for them to finally ship to me.  I preferred the Abbott design, probably because that's what I'm most used to.

No gummint freebie tests for me yet, even though I ordered on the beta day.  ☹️

36 minutes ago, Oville said:

Do you need a booster to cruise?

Not required yet on Celebrity as you are well aware I am sure.  But many cruise passengers on Celebrity ships are older in age and many have opted to get boosted.  

To get back to this cruise, does anyone know what day the test the crew on the Constellation? That might be interesting if more are added after the test day, I hope not. 

Also with the Constellation porting on the west cost of Florida do they have access to getting relief crew like the RCG ships sailing from the east coast of Florida?

When we were on the 11 night holiday the crew did indeed start going missing on Thursday. We are getting back on the Connie on Friday for a 10 night cruise when the current cruise ends. Will keep an eye out for changes in crew.

I did notice when we got off the Connie on last cruise (we were among last off) that the loading crew was "hustling" plastic wrapped mattress's off the ship and loading new matress on the ship. It may be part of the protocol to do a swap (who knows, certainly not I). I intend to keep an eye on the activity with regard to loading on Thursday...

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think they are still in the process of upgrading the bedding.  On our 1/3-1/24 sailing they were offloading definitely used mattresses at one of the ports for disposal.

That would be good.  We sailed the restart in a RS, and while everything else was fantastic, I'm pretty sure the mattress dated back to the 2002 build!

4 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

To get back to this cruise, does anyone know what day the test the crew on the Constellation? That might be interesting if more are added after the test day, I hope not. 

Also with the Constellation porting on the west cost of Florida do they have access to getting relief crew like the RCG ships sailing from the east coast of Florida?

I asked the bartender that question on Wednesday and he told me that it is a rolling schedule because testing them all on a single day is a logistical nightmare 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Not required yet on Celebrity as you are well aware I am sure.  But many cruise passengers on Celebrity ships are older in age and many have opted to get boosted.  

Don’t be so sure, we canceled our April cruise in December and haven’t checked the vaccine and booster status since other than what I read on here. There is a question I do have,  we got our boosters in early October so 3 months ago.  Do you have any scientific info on how long the boosters last until they start to wane?  Thank you.

Edited by Oville

6 minutes ago, Oville said:

Don’t be so sure, we canceled our April cruise in December and haven’t checked the vaccine and booster status since other than what I read on here. There is a question I do have,  we got our boosters in early October so 3 months ago.  Do you have any scientific info on how long the boosters last until they start to wane?  Thank you.

I was wondering the same thing.

We got ours in August so going on 6 months.

I know they're recommending a second booster (4th shot) in Israel and Israel seems to be ahead of the curve in what to do so am just waiting for the announcement here to get another one.

I felt really lousy for a couple of days after the last one so am not looking forward to doing that again, though.

11 minutes ago, chamima said:

I was wondering the same thing.

We got ours in August so going on 6 months.

I know they're recommending a second booster (4th shot) in Israel and Israel seems to be ahead of the curve in what to do so am just waiting for the announcement here to get another one.

I felt really lousy for a couple of days after the last one so am not looking forward to doing that again, though.

Thanks for sharing.  I’m an asthmatic and take a puff Breo everyday to live a normal life.  Obviously I’ve been really careful the last couple of years.

TeeRick is very knowledgeable and tied into medical science and I for one appreciate his posts here on CC.  I’m certainly not looking for medical advice from him but I am confused about the boosters and how long they are effective.  Just Looking for an opinion.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Oville said:

As far as I know, Celebrity has not required booster doses yet, but some other cruise lines have (or will soon) according to the Cruise Critic News article.  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6676/

According to the CDC, immunocompromised individuals are eligible for a 4th dose at 6 months after the third dose - but I think now changed to 5 months.  Hard to discuss here on CC without running into the Red Banner rule.  If I were immunocompromised, I would personally make my own decision to not cruise right now- booster or no booster.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-10-27/cdc-immunocompromised-people-may-get-4-covid-19-vaccine-shots

13 hours ago, Oville said:

Thanks for sharing.  I’m an asthmatic and take a puff Breo everyday to live a normal life.  Obviously I’ve been really careful the last couple of years.

TeeRick is very knowledgeable and tied into medical science and I for one appreciate his posts here on CC.  I’m certainly not looking for medical advice from him but I am confused about the boosters and how long they are effective.  Just Looking for an opinion.

Thanks for the recognition but as you know this walks a fine line here so I suggest you discuss with your physician.  Sorry.