Harmony Just Caused Space X launch Cancellation

link99

Space X 6:11pm launch was a hold 30 seconds before launch due to a cruise ship In the hazard area. Vessel tracking app showed that ship to be Harmony. To bad for them it would have been a spectacular  site. Launch tomorrow at same time.

• Like 1

6:20 p.m. update:

SpaceX halted its countdown at 33 seconds after a cruise ship entered a hazard area that needs to be clear for safety.

The Falcon 9 rocket is attempting to land back at the Kennedy Space Center and areas around the launch and landing sight need to be clear for approval.

7 minutes ago, smeck said:

The launch has been delayed at least two maybe three times.  Royal wasn’t at fault. 

6:20 p.m. update:

SpaceX halted its countdown at 33 seconds after a cruise ship entered a hazard area that needs to be clear for safety.

The Falcon 9 rocket is attempting to land back at the Kennedy Space Center and areas around the launch and landing sight need to be clear for approval.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I wonder if they will make Royal pay for the cost of the delay?

NASA estimates that each scrub costs $500,000 in lost fuel,and $700,000 to pay for the extra workforce needed for launch attempts. Onthese occasions NASA personnel are deployed around the world, including atvarious transatlantic abort sites where the shuttle might land in case of anemergency.    Spacex is a deep discount operation so total launch delay is around 1 million. 

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Listen again, it says ship.  It says it was in range, nothing about weather.

Did you see where I changed my post to NM?

I did watch it and corrected him.  Don't shoot the messenger.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Smartipantz said:

I'm on the Harmony right now.  The MSC Meraviglia was out there as well and seemed to be closer to the launch area but what do I know.  Dang!  I had a great set-up.

received_637219290938290.jpeg

The MSC ship was still in the harbor, not out at sea. The launch direction is more ESE, not directly south.  Harmony was more in line with the hazard area than the MSC ship/.

• Like 3