The Daily for Friday 02/11/2022

richwmn

Today is Don’t Cry over Spilled Milk Day, Make a Friend Day, and National Inventors Day

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.--Thomas A. Edison

Meal Suggestion for today - Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá
Drink of the Day - Weekenders Punch
Wine of the Day - Crios by Susana Balbo Malbec, Argentina
Destination of the Day - Lautoka, Fiji

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam   Destination Christobal PA eta 2/12
Zuiderdam   Destination Port Everglades eta 2/13

Cozumel, MX

Rotterdam  

Half Moon Cay, BS

Nieuw Statendam  

Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii

Koningsdam   08:00 - 21:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Atlantic

Nieuw Amsterdam   Drifting off Port Everglades

Cadiz SP

Volendam   Shipyard
Zaandam   Shipyard

Freeport BS

Noordam   Shipyard

Limassol CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0211World.thumb.png.a6c4afb903f76efb4c406e301cce405f.png
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 13

Good morning from a still chilly SW Florida but getting up to 75 by 2PM.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Great quote by Edison.

Thanks for The Daily.

Off to the Golf Course for a Mens Day Tournament.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Friday!

Interesting days.  I sometimes cry over spilled milk even though I know it serves no purpose.  I hope I make a friend today.  A big salute to inventors.

I love the quote, it's so important to not give up and to see the bright side.

Not sure what to make of the meal, I'll wait to see the recipe and pictures.

I hope the drink and wine are tasty.

I've never been to today's port.  I'll be happy to see pictures of Fiji instead of looking out the window at a windy, snowy day.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the daily report.  Great collection of days.  If Thomas Edison had cried over spilled milk he wouldn’t have invented so many useful things.  Love make a friend day.  Not sure what the meal suggestion is and am not even going to guess. I’ll just need to wait and see.  The drink has possibilities if it isn’t too sweet.  Haven’t been to today’s port but it is on my bucket list.  Prayers for everyone on our list. Special thoughts for @kazu’s Marley who is in good hands.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.  Happy Friday everyone! 🍻

• Like 27

Good morning!  I sped read page 2-5 last night before bed.  Thanks for all the advise to make the neighbors house look like someone is there.  They did not leave me a key, and they did turn off all the lights.  They had only been in the house for two weeks before they left, I didn't even know there was a wife for a week.  There were packages delivered to their front porch, and DH moved them to the carport, out of site.  I like the umbrella idea, and since we share the drive, no problem leaving my car there.  Now if he meant his water and not the washing machine, I did find a valve in the front of the house, way too exposed, and am thinking of putting a plant in front of it, and move the chairs out on the front porch.  I actually cant see the house from my house, there are no windows that face their house.  I only see the house when i am outside.

I stayed up last night and made the two necklaces for the nurses at the heart doctors.  Heather wanted black, so i made a black glass necklace with hematite stars flanked by midnight blue glass beads,  I call it "stars after midnight", and i made Carrielynn a Caribbean blue necklace, with ocean blue crystals and clay blue sand dollars. I called that one "walking a bahama beach" . That was after 5 hours of work.

Today, is my day.  I am going to see the Heart doc, then I have tickets to a free concert at Emory University, (we are taking friends) then grabbing a salad and a Greek pizza at Athens Pizza, Then home for a "free" afternoon and  left over crock pot roast left overs for dinner.  I do have to finish the book before book club on Monday.  We are reading a new author, Wiley Cash, and the book is called A Land more Kind than Home. Have a great day!

• Like 39

Good morning.  It is currently -6c/21f but going up to 17c/63f.  😮 I see a little gardening in my future.  🌷

I consider everyone my friend, unless they convince me otherwise.  Haven’t been to the port, though I certainly do want to get there.  I await the F&B department to see what today’s delights consist of.

I need a car wash so I guess I will make it worth my while and visit the Barnes & Noble nearby.  It’s in a city I hate traveling to, so I literally have to find ways to make it seem attractive.  🙃

@marshhawk, I think your handiwork deserves pictures!  They sound lovely.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day full of pleasant surprises.  

• Like 32

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days!  There’s much more important things to talk about than spilled milk 😉. Friends are so precious and the more we can make, the better.  Cheers for al of our fabulous inventors!

LOL on the Edison quote.  That meal sounds like it might be a good one.  Looking forward to Debbie’s description.  I believe DH has had that malbec and it was a winner!

Rained last night but hopefully it warms up enough so that there is not black ice on the roads and the rush hour traffic has taken care of any of it 😉 Brought DH’s favourite sweater home yesterday to wash  and will return it today to him.

Marley had me up at 4 am again this morning.  Not sure what is going on but this is 3 nights in a row.  Wonder if the drugs are affecting him?  He always has slept through the night.  Interrupted sleep is no fun.

8325C813-069B-4604-B27C-934CB2C9AFBB.thumb.jpeg.e4dcbb4125ec81ab7e3cad018e58bc96.jpeg

Great idea to make Jose an album, thank you @Vict0riannand everyone. My challenge when I get back will be to figure out how to print photos on my Ipad.  Print does not come up as an option when I hit the share button.  GRRR.  I’ll try DH’s and see if his is more co-operative.

DH’s ward is scent free of course so I’m going to check with the nurse today to see what is safe to bring flower wise besides a plain plant.  Maybe tulips.  After all, it’s Valentine’s Day on Monday.

F90D5B85-695C-42A2-8CD9-D0148B8D4C02.jpeg.e84f3f90af3469690a9479a61a561860.jpeg

@Cruzin TerriI was glad to hear you have secured an appointment.  Sure hope they can help 🙏🏻 

@marshhawkDarn that the neighbours didn’t leave you a key.  So important - especially in the winter time.  Most home insurance require checking on a regular basis.  So glad to hear you have a Me day.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone !!!!!

725574F5-C63D-4894-BD1E-AFF4F4BC0947.jpeg.c80f99d5a98945b3e1d48ad32fe445b0.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Good morning everyone.  Thank you for the list Rich.

it is 41 degrees here in Bluffton. At least it is supposed to be a sunny day and get to 70 degrees later on.  That will be welcome.

Happy to get my appointment at the Mayo Clinic.  Have to get some relief from the hand pain.

Today is dedicated to work on the taxes.

It is less than two months before we are scheduled to go on our cruise,.  I am still not sure if we are going.  If we don’t we lose a lot of money because we don’t have “cancel for any reason”.  Not sure my problems would get me any money back from the insurance our credit card provides.

Just have a lot to get ready in order to be away six weeks,.

I have a question for those who are away for that period of time.  How do you handle the mail?

We can have it held at the PO for 30 days but this is longer.

Don’t have kids or family to help us out so we are in a quandary on this situation.  Any suggestions are welcome.

@kazu prayers for you as you deal with everything on your shoulders.  Sorry to hear about Marley. I am glad you are getting to spend time with Jose and pray that there is some improvement.

I hope everyone has a great day.  

Prayers to all who need them.

God bless and stay safe,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  Do you have options on the quotes or is it a happy coincidence that we had a great Edison quote on National Inventors Day.  I don't like to spill milk but it's just milk and friends are precious.  Lautoka is a nice port but a bit too warm for my tastes.  I do hope Marley's sleep plan will soon get back to normal.  I think Nieuw Amsterdam may go back on the "With Passengers" list tomorrow with a charter that still appears to be a go.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui Jose, the doctors and a happy remaining life for Marley
Welfare of furloughed crews
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Cruisin Terri autoimmune flareup and hand pain
Overhead fred and others affected by April 6-8 Nieuw Statendam azipod  repairs.
ottahand7's brother with covid and cancelled knee replacement
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancerr chemo
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21
Kakalina’s rapid decline

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Carnival Group  hospital ships Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
Florida vacation for dobiemom
Hand appointment for Cruisin Terri
Grand Australia booked for durangoscots
3 days for ottahand7 (Nieuw Staten to 3/6)
1 day for kb4683 (Regal Princess to 2/19)
3 days for 0106 {Zuiderdam to 2/27)
6 days for rafinmd (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
Sea Viewer (MSC Seashore to 2/12),  Cruiser Bill (Koningsdam to 2/20) HighlandCruiser (Nieuw Statendam to 2/13),  Cruising s/ingle (Zuiderdam to 2/13) and Lady Hudson at sea (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
Crown fixed for Jazzyv
Tbay ganndson recovered from peanut allergy
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 9

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Great idea to make Jose an album, thank you @Vict0riannand everyone. My challenge when I get back will be to figure out how to print photos on my Ipad.  Print does not come up as an option when I hit the share button.  GRRR.  I’ll try DH’s and see if his is more co-operative.

That bagpipe meme is hilarious.  😂

Sorry, you have probably already checked this but I just can’t help myself.  lol.  When you hit the share icon and scroll down, you don’t see this?

30D311D1-1E91-4179-A773-A5D99AFC6D30.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Do you have options on the quotes or is it a happy coincidence that we had a great Edison quote on National Inventors Day.

Just happened. The days come from one place, quotes from another. The quotes come from a site that does not pair them with a date, just a lot of quotes. I take that list and put it thru a randomizer and this is what comes out. I have not reviewed them to see if anything matches.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Daily Rich! A lovely sunny, but cool morning here!

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy!  Morning Dailyites. Early water system maintenance appointment this morning. I am getting near the end of my “list”. Chose my plumber yesterday, and by next Friday - I should have new, fully functional bathroom fixtures! 

The animal series continues…

DC8A9D88-A47E-454A-8A08-A0A3ED0D64B3.jpeg.145114abca1bc328136cc6eb7d01510b.jpeg

38C02EFB-2544-4179-8AEA-1FB3338C23AC.jpeg.47c25fcd29f1534780dd7eb8abfb95f8.jpeg

BB74C0E0-F0A9-49D6-8117-2128FA6B49C1.jpeg.5cf502ffc6fcc6debfc1b7491756e412.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone! 

Crios by Susana Balbo Malbec
I do not always appreciate Malbecs. I haven’t quite figured out what to avoid. It might be a certain soil composition that makes me enjoy one vs the other. But this one is highly rated and is very reasonably priced, so I would not feel too cheated if I tried it and ended up not liking it. Several online distributors with prices starting at $10.95. Note: I used the 2018 vintage info, though all released vintages share the same excellent ratings.

Winemaker Notes

A fresh, pure expression of the varietal, with aromas of violets, cherries, mocha and spice. Juicy tannins and balanced acidity complement perfectly ripe red fruit flavors, while a subtle hint of oak adds complexity.

Pair with tuna steak, lamb, or hamburgers.

JS92 James Suckling

This shows the beautiful quality of the 2018 vintage with a solid core of fruit, bright acidity and a silky finish. All here.

RP91 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The spectacular 2018 Críos Malbec is aromatic, floral and expressive, varietal and clean, with structure and fine tannins, with nice balance. It's velvety and juicy, with very focused flavors and a long finish. It's among the best Críos I remember. Great value too. 350,000 bottles produced.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

Happy Friday!  The new friends I make are here on the Daily.  Inventors have made our lives so much easier.  I like the Edison quote.  Have not been to Fiji, looking forward to the photo's.

Major prayers to our care list and clink of glasses for our celebrations.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Weekenders Punch:

Ingredients
8 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
4 parts Cruzan® Passion Fruit Rum
12 parts Riesling
3 parts Lemonade
4/5 parts Lemon Syrup

Instructions
Combine all but Riesling in a punch bowl and refrigerate. Add Riesling at service. (Serves 😎

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.01.06 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

That bagpipe meme is hilarious.  😂

Sorry, you have probably already checked this but I just can’t help myself.  lol.  When you hit the share icon and scroll down, you don’t see this?

30D311D1-1E91-4179-A773-A5D99AFC6D30.jpeg

No, I don’t sadly.  When I click share I don’t have print as an option.  If I click on the photo in the Daily, I get this (share doesn’t give me the option to print)

7A664F7F-D7DE-4025-91F2-2B73A6139058.thumb.png.f78b04a9a6a921172822bbe47e211f48.png

And if I click on my photo in my album I get this (along with the option to message which I edited out).

4EEC26C6-DB5A-428D-9295-8E5E996F6193.thumb.jpeg.205e1579e8bbc31eb3927b49265b632a.jpeg

scrolling right there is not print.  I have no idea why.  The only way I have been able to print in the past is to email myself and print the email which isn’t idea

I’m baffled.  I might have to call my techie friend if I don’t get anywhere with Jose’s Ipad.  Mine isn’t that old - 6th gen but his is newer.  Maybe there’s something in settings?  Will play.  Thanks.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

A salute to all inventors. I feel like I make a new friend here almost every day. 😃

I love the quote and will wait for the recipe to decide on the meal.

@marshhawkthe necklaces sound lovely. Pictures please?

@kazu wishing you easy travels and a wonderful visit with Jose.

It is already 52 degrees here and is supposed to get up to 77 today. The plan for today is to go over to DD's as they are having electrical issues in their laundry room. Also, grocery shopping has to be done. 

Praying for no more storms, that everyone stays safe and warm and has a fantastic Friday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 28