Bringing water onboard (Majestic)

seagunthera

Water on the ship (for pre order) is very inexpensive.   We pre-order 2 cases for every cruise, and pay around $5.95 per case of 12x 500ml bottles.

But to answer your question.. slap a luggage tag on the case of water and check it in as luggage.  It must be a sealed case.  The cheaper ones are in bottles, have not seen (or looked for) water in a can.

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Was there not some mew restriction on bringing plastic bottles onboard?  Might want to check on it.

I remember seeing something about it (which is why I posted). 

As to the comment from @Valiamo, I'm not fond of the water Princess offers for purchase (though yes, far cheaper than the brand I like) and want to bring on my own. 

I just had an online "chat" with Princess and the gal who responded said guests are allowed to bring water bottles, soda, and juice as long as they are sealed. She also said guests must carry these items on. Has that always been the policy? 

I'm still interested to hear from anyone who has successfully checked water bottles with their luggage since the restart. 

10 hours ago, seagunthera said:

I just had an online "chat" with Princess and the gal who responded said guests are allowed to bring water bottles, soda, and juice as long as they are sealed. She also said guests must carry these items on. Has that always been the policy? 

Current Passage Contract says:

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

But, as you are requesting, we need people to post if they were able to bring bottles on board.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

But, as you are requesting, we need people to post if they were able to bring bottles on board.

I have a sneaking suspicion that although it might be Princess's policy not to allow any plastics bottles onboard in your carry on luggage, that might not be the way security treats it.

We'll just have to wait & see. 

15 hours ago, seagunthera said:

I'm still interested to hear from anyone who has successfully checked water bottles with their luggage since the restart. 

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Current Passage Contract says:

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

Not sure if it's humorous or sad that pax are more familiar than staff with Princess' policies and COC.

At a minimum, those who handle calls or chats with pax ought to be trained properly to spew proper info.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Not sure if it's humorous or sad that pax are more familiar than staff with Princess' policies and COC.

At a minimum, those who handle calls or chats with pax ought to be trained properly to spew proper info.  

But are the staff at the embarkation port aware of the rules ?

Seems to me that regardless of what is told to you, either verbally or in writing, at the end of the day the person at check in/security  has the final say.

There are comments elsewhere about power strips (not surge protected) being confiscated by ship security staff, despite Princess categorically stating that they are not prohibited. 

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But are the staff at the embarkation port aware of the rules ?

Seems to me that regardless of what is told to you, either verbally or in writing, at the end of the day the person at check in/security  has the final say.

There are comments elsewhere about power strips (not surge protected) being confiscated by ship security staff, despite Princess categorically stating that they are not prohibited. 

Whether people like it or not they agree to the Passenger Contract and it is their responsibility to check themselves......your word is really only as good as what you say and then what you do....not what you can get away with......

One of the problems in the world is that many people seem to think rules do not apply to them or do it until you get caught.....water could be brought on if it is in a sealed can......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

One of the problems in the world is that many people seem to think rules do not apply to them or do it until you get caught.....water could be brought on if it is in a sealed can.....

But what do you do if you follow the rules, but the staff impose their own rules ?

13 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

One of the problems in the world is that many people seem to think rules do not apply to them or do it until you get caught..

I could say something about Princess violating the terms of their probation, but I won't. My question was about water since the restart as Princess makes the following statement in the "environmentally friendly" section of their website: 

By the end of 2021, we have committed to reduce or eliminate these single-use items from all ships:

• Plastic trash can liners
  • Plastic water bottles

This statement, coupled with reading somewhere on the Cruise Critic boards that plastic water bottles are no longer allowed to be brought onboard, is what prompted me to ask.

I hope to hear from people who have sailed within the last six or so months.

17 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

I could say something about Princess violating the terms of their probation, but I won't. My question was about water since the restart as Princess makes the following statement in the "environmentally friendly" section of their website: 

By the end of 2021, we have committed to reduce or eliminate these single-use items from all ships:

• Plastic trash can liners
  • Plastic water bottles

This statement, coupled with reading somewhere on the Cruise Critic boards that plastic water bottles are no longer allowed to be brought onboard, is what prompted me to ask.

I hope to hear from people who have sailed within the last six or so months.

We sailed last month and are sailing next month and the following month......what is so HARD to understand about.....Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.

You are just looking for some one to co-sign behavior that Princess has said is not acceptable. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I obviously do not live in the same world as you do.........

Merely stating what other cruisers have said about power strips being seized by security staff although they are not prohibited by Princess..

• Like 1

In practice Princess is lax now. With so many having Plus, I don't think they're bothered by loss of sales or smuggled alcohol in plastic bottles. What I do, since I don't want to lug water or soda on board, is to simply buy 2L soda bottles in Cabo or Mazatlan. There are OXXO convenience stores near the tender station in Cabo and right outside the port in Mazatlan, so I bring my Princess bag and have soda that way. The problem you might have is that security in San Pedro also process Royal and NCL, who are more strict about bringing aboard drinks in plastic, but coming back from ports you get ship security, who don't care if you bring back water or soda. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Whether people like it or not they agree to the Passenger Contract and it is their responsibility to check themselves......

Just as I am sure that you and every other user of Cruise Critic has read the following which they have agreed to:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/about-us/terms-of-use/

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I boarded the Majestic yesterday. I had 1 (16.0z) plastic water  sealed and 2 cans of diet coke in my suitcase. I carried on my suitcase and it went through the x-ray machine. No problem and I wasn't asked what was inside. 

Thanks.

It's pretty much as I suspected it to be. 

23 hours ago, seagunthera said:

Did she say anything about beer?? I know I can carry on 1 wine bottle n/c but have so much obc I did not book Best Value option. Wouldn't carry on alot (just a few bottles) but prefer beer with pizza. Lite Amber Ale. Yes, I'm weird and I'm picky.