Just Upgraded

ScottC4746

If you are sailing on an M classic ship you will have a slightly larger state room. (If you are sailing on an S class ship there is no difference in the size. ) You will get more Captains Club points for concierge than for verandah.  You can go to a sit down lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day rather than going to the buffet that day. 

22 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

If you are sailing on an M classic ship you will have a slightly larger state room. (If you are sailing on an S class ship there is no difference in the size. ) You will get more Captains Club points for concierge than for verandah.  You can go to a sit down lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day rather than going to the buffet that day. 

I should have said on the Solstice.

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

First time on Celebrity.  Just upgraded our Alaska Cruise in September moving from Veranda to Concierge Class for $186 total.  Can someone please tell me the difference?  Hope the upgrade was worth it.

Probably should have saved your money.  No significant difference.

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I upgraded paying the price difference.  Never used points.

The poster meant if you upgraded by paying the fare difference, you will get extra Captain's Club points--5 per night versus 3 for a regular veranda.  If you upgraded via a MoveUp bid, you would not get extra Captain's Club points.

We really liked concierge cabins on deck 12. Right out to the pool. One deck up to the Oceanview Cafe to bring food back to the cabin. The cabins I like are 2105, 2107, 2109, 2111 or the other side. These cabins have extra large balconies. They are under the carpeted area, you dont get the noise from above like other cabins/suites further down on deck 12. Great for a Alaska cruise. We now try and book the sky suites right next to these cabins when booking S Class ships.

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

The poster meant if you upgraded by paying the fare difference, you will get extra Captain's Club points--5 per night versus 3 for a regular veranda.  If you upgraded via a MoveUp bid, you would not get extra Captain's Club points.

I dont think you could do a move up bid 7 months before your cruise.

• Like 2

One reason for the upgrade, this cruise to Alaska in September we booked direct through X.  Our cruise in Feb next year for the Caribbean we booked using our friend the TA.  He suggested that he encourages Concierge Class because of the priority boarding and disembarkation.  The latter is more useful for tender ports.

No priority boarding during the pandemic. Boarding times are assigned for all but Zenith and suite guests. Of course, that may change by the time of your cruise. In our experience a few times before covid, there was one concierge whose desk was located in the same area as the Captain's Club host desk. I think it was on deck 7 behind the aft elevators on S class ships. As I said above, the location will be in the daily paper. 

49 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I dont think you could do a move up bid 7 months before your cruise.

You're correct, but someone mentioned extra Captain's Club points, then someone mentioned not getting points if you upgrade through MoveUp.  OP said he didn't use points, so I'm not sure he understood posters were talking about Captain's Club points, which is why I attempted to clarify.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

I thought I read on the Celebrity website that the lunch is no longer on embarkation day.

1 minute ago, whoshwhosh said:

I thought I read on the Celebrity website that the lunch is no longer on embarkation day.

Yes and no.  The more expensive suites yes it is still happening.  For Concierge we will get a letter telling us what day, what time, and where it will be held.  I hope they have the sense to book that on a at sea day and not a port day or inside passage day.

1 minute ago, ScottC4746 said:

Yes and no.  The more expensive suites yes it is still happening.  For Concierge we will get a letter telling us what day, what time, and where it will be held.  I hope they have the sense to book that on a at sea day and not a port day or inside passage day.

A very limited menu, for my money not worth anything.

16 hours ago, Froufie said:

Quick question re the Concierge - are there specific ones allocated to certain concierge class cabins?  Where are they located?  Do you visit or call?  Confused as how to get any assistance...thanks

We sailed Millennium a few years back in Concierge Class.  I think there was 1 concierge for all of us in those cabins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

No extra points if you do moveup