Le Grand Bistro?

mfs2k

I've searched the boards and I'm still unclear what "Le Grand Bistro" is, and how the space is utilized for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon, Dinner and Late Night on Apex and Edge.  

I've read there will be a Le Grand Bistro on Beyond, which I'm sailing on in October

Can someone walk me through it ?

Thanks.

Edited by mfs2k

On Apex Le Bistro is very nice to enjoy a French-type lunch.  I did stop by to get a dessert(everything looked so good) for later and it did come with a charge.  Seemed expensive.  I think lunch was $20 pp but not sure.

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I've searched the boards and I'm still unclear what "Le Grand Bistro" is, and how the space is utilized for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon, Dinner and Late Night on Apex and Edge.  

I've read there will be a Le Grand Bistro on Beyond, which I'm sailing on in October

Can someone walk me through it ?

Thanks.

Le Grand Bistro is open in the morning from 8:AM to 10:AM for CC members elite, elite+ and zenith. Limited breakfast menu. Includes mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Lunch is $20 pp.  They have a large menu and a Plate of the Day: Monday is Sea Bass, Tuesday Rack of Lamb, Wednesday Duck Breast, ….  The food is excellent and well worth tge $20

We enjoyed lunch there several days.  Food is very, very good.  They will box up anything you want to go.  Our waiter boxed up a bunch of pastries to go.  He offered next time, if not offered I'll ask.  They were delicious.  

You can go on the Celebrity App and choose an Apex or Edge sailing and look at the menu. 

If you haven't already, here's how:

Since the Beyond Sailing doesn't show yet you can go to the Celebrity App and:

1. Click on: Get More Details on Ships We Support

2. Choose Apex or Edge

3. Choose a Sailing Date

4. Click on: Dining - at the bottom of the screen

5. Click on: "Restaurants" category 

6. Scroll down to Le Grand Bistro

7. Click on: Menu Arrow

8. Choose which day and Click Lunch.  (Le Grand Bistro Menu stays the same except there is a Specialty item based on the day - as someone noted above).

*  For venues that have a set menu, the Menu items are accurate.  As for the dining room(s), Blu & Luminae those choices aren't always correct by day.  It seems to be based on the current sailing and will change as your sailing approaches.  That's based on my experience with the app.  

Currently, dinner at Le Grand Bistro is where Le Petit Chef is held.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

9 hours ago, josh1324342 said:

Are the pastries a separate charge, or are they included with a dining reservation?

If you have lunch, you can get some pastries to go.  Otherwise, you may need to pay for them.  
it is a really nice place for lunch.  

23 hours ago, josh1324342 said:

Are the pastries a separate charge, or are they included with a dining reservation?

Our waiter packed a box with a dozen or so pastries and another box with croissants.  We ate there on our last day at lunch and ended up taking the boxes home.  

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, M&T said:

I tried to make a reservation and was not able to.  Do they allow reservations?

i only ate there for lunch 2x.  Butler made res' for me but they were not necessary as both times there were at most only 4 tables with guests.  Food is great!

2 hours ago, M&T said:

I tried to make a reservation and was not able to.  Do they allow reservations?

2 hours ago, M&T said:

Thanks.  It sounds great!

Are you on board?  I was able to make a reservation once I discovered it in board.  
It is great.  

On 2/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, Julma said:

Our waiter packed a box with a dozen or so pastries and another box with croissants.  We ate there on our last day at lunch and ended up taking the boxes home.  

You were allowed to take food off of the ship?    What port was that?    Most have warning signs about taking food off of the ship as it isn’t allowed.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, anna4004 said:

Looks like you can order to go. Can you order multiple entrees for the one charge of $20 for take out as well as for done in?

I’d be surprised.  If 3 went to eat cost is $90+ If one person goes and orders 3 entree to go I would think they would figure out it was for multiple people would charge for all 3.  

great treat for lunch..enjoyed it on EDGE..excellent menu, esp soup.  at the time we had great food service and wine service, bread , desserts..lovely view, quiet

seems price has increased but worth 1 visit.(.would  do that over petite chef)

also has deli sams  to go (charge)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 11:12 AM, finny2 said:

Le grand bistro is open for lunch. In the evening it transforms into Le Petite Chef.

It's a good spot for embarkation day lunch. Hardly anyone there.

Do you need a reservation for embarkation day lunch at Le grand bistro?

• 3 months later...

we do a big lunch on days when we plan a lite dinner. It is pricey but a gem.. Great menu & service , cozy and a view.

they had a menu with daily speciak..not to be confused with the Le Petit Chef dinner....also held there