Royal opts In

54 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

When they started mask free that excluded anyone unvaccinated, as I remember now. 

Nope people had to apply for the 5 % exemption. A lot of families booked with rcl instead.

They were not 100% vaccinated.. never. 

Carnival still has self serve buffets. Just a different approach.. 

I’m curious about what they mean about unvaccinated children being “expected” to wear masks. If it’s not required, it’s still completely optional regardless of expectations. Maybe “encouraged” sets a more accurate tone. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Unfortunately it looks like kids will continue to be treated like disease vectors in Adventure Ocean.

If kids 5-11 need to be vaccinated why do they have to wear masks in AO ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brevardcruiser said:

So to be clear, the website it not up to date, If your kids are up to date on vaccination they do NOT have to wear masks?

It looks like the only place that masking will be heavily encouraged is in Adventure Ocean programs.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

If kids 5-11 need to be vaccinated why do they have to wear masks in AO ??

I don't know whether that is a requirement going forward. (We'll have to see what RCI publishes.) The 95% number includes everyone 5+ years old. RCI's vaccination requirement has been for 12+. RCI may be filling that 5% of unvaccinated passengers by the 5-11 year olds who aren't vaccinated.

Edited by Daghis
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daghis said:

I just realized I was a little unclear. I meant "whether [5-11 year olds needing to be vaccinated] is a requirement".

It currently is not a requirement, but I would think they would need to start gathering vax status early, so they can determine if they will be 95% and above.   With the summer (i.e. high kid counts) season coming up, this is probably something they will do once their site is updated.

That being said, most of the kids in those age ranges, on our two cruises last month, were sporting the vaccinated bracelets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It currently is not a requirement, but I would think they would need to start gathering vax status early, so they can determine if they will be 95% and above. 

This already happens. The last few bookings I've made have always included me being asked to disclose my vaccination status. Plus, the Royal app now allows vaccination status verification during check-in, so RCI is collecting as much of that in advance as they can.

Edited by Daghis

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

It currently is not a requirement, but I would think they would need to start gathering vax status early, so they can determine if they will be 95% and above.   With the summer (i.e. high kid counts) season coming up, this is probably something they will do once their site is updated.

That being said, most of the kids in those age ranges, on our two cruises last month, were sporting the vaccinated bracelets. 

Starting February 25th, it is a requirement. Now how they determine who is getting bumped is another story. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Starting February 25th, it is a requirement. Now how they determine who is getting bumped is another story. 

Whether kids 5-11 must be vaccinated is one of the things still being decided.  i am guessing that the answer will be that they do not have to be.  Under 5 are not counted in the stats so they have some leeway with the 5-11 year olds.  

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whether kids 5-11 must be vaccinated is one of the things still being decided.  i am guessing that the answer will be that they do not have to be.  Under 5 are not counted in the stats so they have some leeway with the 5-11 year olds.  

Considering that there large swaths of the cruising world where 5-11YO are not yet eligible to receive a vaccine, mandating full vaccination status for that age group would significantly affect their ability to attract any international business.

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's already been decided. Did you read the post? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, exm said:

Anyway, I am glad my wife and I can ditch the masks. Since masking our unvaccinated but recovered children is “expected “ they will go mask-free also (see reasoning above). However, still masking kids in Adventure Ocean? This is akin to the continues masking in some blue States and totally defies logic and science. 

I wouldn't count on that. If they are allowed on as part of the 5% not vaccinated, they will be required to wear a mask. Poor wording in the post by Bayley. Travel agent meeting on Wed. We will know more then. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

It's already been decided. Did you read the post? 

I did.  You should go back and re read MB's poorly 95% of crew and guests need to be vaccinated.  He never said that all guests 5 and up need to be.  He only stated that AO would have to wear masks which leads me to believe there will still be unvaccinated 5 to 11 year olds.