Celebrity Check in process

cruisinfever

It's optional and if you don't have one they will shoot your picture when you check in or board the ship.   BTW there is no picture on your card it is just tied to your card so it pops up when you use your card or at security.

• Like 2

Using the app to check in makes it all simple. There's a spot in the app where you can take a picture then decide if you like it or retake it. It's simple and straightforward. Hard to believe it but X IT got that one right. You can also upload your vaccination card front and back. Don't worry if you can't do it or don't have the technology. They'll take a photo at the terminal when you board and even if you upload your vaccination cards you still need to show it at the terminal as well. They've really managed to streamline the boarding process and it goes smoothly.

6 hours ago, TXGREG said:

Where's the area to upload your vaccine card on the app? When we checked in it didn't provide a prompt to upload anything.

If I recall correctly the opportunity to load an image of your vaccine card appeared on the ap about a week or two before sailing. It wasn't there all the time. you just take a photo of the front and back of the card with your phone. Then for a number of days... when you check back it will say that they are validating it... I don't know that they actually have the ability to do that..but that is the message.

If you take a photo try to use a light back ground and don't make the image too large..or the system will reject it.

Have fun

It takes a day or two before your vaccinations record is accepted. You still have to bring it with you and probably some of the ports - check to be sure. I wouldn't recommend laminating them - Amazon & Walmart have pouches that fit them perfectly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kntrygrl said:

I downloaded the app but it doesn’t look like the Solstice is on it yet. How far in advance of the Sail date can you check in? And how do you know when check in opens p?

If your ship isn't supported by the app yet you can check in on the X website. It will you tell you the date check in opens. I've always found it best to use an incognito window when doing anything on the X website regardless of browser. 

I have a question and a couple of comments/clarifications.

First, we received an email about 6 weeks prior to the embarkation date of our upcoming cruise stating that we could not check in on the app. At that time, the check-in process afforded the opportunity both to take or upload a photo and to take a photo of your vaccination card. As @pauly said, it took 2-3 days for us to receive confirmation that our vax cards had been accepted, at which time the "Vaccination" section of our check-in list had a green circle with a check mark beside it. The final step of the process is to fill out the "Health and Safety" information, which cannot be done until the day before embarkation.

Second, the question: can anyone confirm what I've heard that, if you check in on the app, you now only have to do the facial recognition scan at the port and essentially nothing else in order to be admitted for boarding (once your time arrives), and that your key cards will be at your cabin? Seems very nice and efficient, not that it was too terribly complicated before, of course. Asking because they had the "old" system in place when we boarded the Summit in Barbados last August.

When we disembarked our last Caribbean cruise in December, the port used facial recognition to clear customs and it was very fast.

Thanks. Looking forward to our next sailing.

For boarding, whether you check in on the app or the website, There is more to it than just a simple facial recognition scan. You must show your passport or other boarding identification documents.  You must show your original vaccine certificate. Having uploaded them isn’t sufficient. They need to see it in person.

The facial recognition system may be in use in some terminals for disembarking and then you simply walk up to the machine, it identifies you and you walk on. Otherwise you walk up to an officer, show your passport and walk on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thank you @cruisestitch and @Luvcrusn. That makes sense, and is consistent with what I would have expected. Still, seems simpler than the prior process. Looking forward to boarding. 👍

It was still much quicker than the old pre-Covid-19 days. Have a great time and stay safe!

10 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thank you @cruisestitch and @Luvcrusn. That makes sense, and is consistent with what I would have expected. Still, seems simpler than the prior process. Looking forward to boarding. 👍

It is still SUPER quick. From the time you first show documentation to the time you are on the ship will be under 10 minutes, most likely. Just make sure you have your passport, vaccine card, negative COVID test, and Xpress Pass at hand and you will be through the whole thing in no time!

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

It is still SUPER quick. From the time you first show documentation to the time you are on the ship will be under 10 minutes, most likely. Just make sure you have your passport, vaccine card, negative COVID test, and Xpress Pass at hand and you will be through the whole thing in no time!

Just to confirm, the Xpress Pass on the App is all we'll need, correct? Would seem kinda silly to have it there, with the bar code, and then require it to be printed out, too. But, there were some technological challenges at the port when we boarded the Summit last summer in St. Maarten (I mistakenly wrote Barbados above, but that's an upcoming cruise). I put that down to boarding at a very small facility on an island vs. a large port facility in the US, but ...?

1 minute ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Just to confirm, the Xpress Pass on the App is all we'll need, correct? Would seem kinda silly to have it there, with the bar code, and then require it to be printed out, too. But, there were some technological challenges at the port when we boarded the Summit last summer in St. Maarten (I mistakenly wrote Barbados above, but that's an upcoming cruise). I put that down to boarding at a very small facility on an island vs. a large port facility in the US, but ...?

No need to print out express pass...

1 minute ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Yes, you can have the electronic version on your phone. You do not need to have it printed.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I'm always prepared with the printed copy for those "just in case" situations, but the pass on the phone was all that was needed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kntrygrl said:

I downloaded the app but it doesn’t look like the Solstice is on it yet. How far in advance of the Sail date can you check in? And how do you know when check in opens p?

Currently check in is available at 45 days prior to cruise but in the past when activating a ship that has not been in service it was further delayed.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We checked in on the app for our Equinox cruise at the end of November. We still had to show our vaccination cards, passport, boarding pass and negative Covid-19 test results at a checkpoint or two. 

And that's why it makes sense to print out the boarding pass. Staple it on top of your printed covid test results. In your other hand is your passport and your vaccination card. There's REALLY no point in the mobile app check in if you still have to show physical documents. The phone really complicates things, TBH. When it becomes a one step process, literally scanning a QR code and not having to show ANY physical documents, THEN a mobile app makes sense. Until then it's definitely NOT easier, especially when multiple people at different checkpoints have to look all the documents. 

Just now, kwokpot said:

And that's why it makes sense to print out the boarding pass. Staple it on top of your printed covid test results. In your other hand is your passport and your vaccination card. There's REALLY no point in the mobile app check in if you still have to show physical documents. The phone really complicates things, TBH. When it becomes a one step process, literally scanning a QR code and not having to show ANY physical documents, THEN a mobile app makes sense. Until then it's definitely NOT easier, especially when multiple people at different checkpoints have to look all the documents. 

Agree.  The good old fashioned manila folder is your friend, I still print my boarding pass for air travel, SOO much easier

• Like 1