"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

8 hours ago, binro01 said:

Ok sorry for the late posts from yesterday. My wife and I did the Sun and fun tour from Victor Boden tours. Only 30.00 pp. and it was the whole day. Included monkey, slots, parrots and about 3 hours at a beach resort on the west end. Well worth the money. 

We have used Victor Bodden a few times and always had a great time. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

8 hours ago, binro01 said:

Ok sorry for the late posts from yesterday. My wife and I did the Sun and fun tour from Victor Boden tours. Only 30.00 pp. and it was the whole day. Included monkey, slots, parrots and about 3 hours at a beach resort on the west end. Well worth the money. Here are some pics of me and the wife with the monkeys and sloths. 

A1D8FCC2-3841-4BF0-94DE-CE559C42CE16.jpeg

3C810C9A-0CBA-42D4-BB22-08CDBAEBD27C.jpeg

909C414B-2A57-46C3-8D31-D323A107C5CE.jpeg

73F0AB0F-A154-4921-B948-831C27FED924.jpeg

Took that same tour a few years ago. We loved west end so much we went back and snorkeled there a few weeks ago. Amazing 

36 minutes ago, Tuckster said:

Is the ship adjusting time to match the ports or are they staying with Florida time. We sail on the 13th which happens to be the start of DST and Mexico doesn’t change.

Always stays on Florida time

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in posting. The last couple of days I was focusing on my wife. On Thursday we got news that her father passed away. 

William Day was a great man. He adopted my wife at birth with my wife’s Mom Linda. He retired from the Navy after 25 years of service to our country where he served during Korea, Vietnam, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. He then went on to a career at Bell Helicopter and Northrop Grumman and lived with his family in Japan and Iran while working with these companies. 

We spend a beach day in Costa Maya at Jamie’s where my wife was on the paddle board for hours out in the surf just talking to her dad. I swam out there to make sure she was ok and to remind her the sun is strong and to give her skin a break. 

we headed back to the ship at around 2 

mom for a late lunch at Johnny Rockets. (Sheryl just wasn’t hungry for food at Jamie’s.) and then just relaxed and talked about dad in our cabin till it was time for our dinner reservations at Giovanni’s again. We really liked Jamie’s the most and switched out second night at 150 CP to go back to Italian food. 

We then decided to have a chill evening by switching out the ice show to tomorrow so we can just relax on the ship. 

B80C2AAE-20DE-4928-975A-05E38A205C81.jpeg

DEDF449C-1A6D-431E-A7DA-F7E5427F0B36.jpeg

Edited by binro01
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Sorry for the delay in posting. The last couple of days I was focusing on my wife. On Thursday we got news that her father passed away. 

William Day was a great man. He adopted my wife at birth with my wife’s Mom Linda. He retired from the Navy after 25 years of service to our country where he served during Korea, Vietnam, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. He the. Went on to a career at Bell Helicopter and Northrop Grumman. 

We spend a beach day in Costa Maya at Jamie’s where my wife was on the paddle board for hours out in the surf just talking to her dad. I swam out there to make sure she was ok and to remind her the sun is strong and to give her skin a break. 

mom for a late lunch at Johnny Rockets. (Sheryl just wasn’t hungry for food at Jamie’s.) and then just relaxed and talked about dad in our cabin till it was time for our dinner reservations at Giovanni’s again. We really liked Jamie’s the most and switched out second night at 150 CP to go back to Italian food. 

We then decided to have a chill evening by switching out the ice show to tomorrow so we can just relax on the ship. 

My condolences to your wife, and you. It sounds like your wife has a great dad, and beautiful memories of him. Prayers go out to your family. 

• Like 4

On our final sea day we went to the MDR for breakfast and then spent a few hours in the solarium. 

After that we did some onboard activities and lunch at Johnny Rockets a second time. This time I had a burger and the wife stuck with the salad. 

we then went to the card room and played a game of 7 Wonders Duel followed by some shopping where I did buy a watch that just spoke to me.

we had dinner at Izumi Sushi followed by the Ice show and packing for our disembarking. 

A very nice chill night for our final evening on the ship. 

069B0500-E898-46EC-B35F-711D6A204BFE.jpeg

60AF75FE-3103-4F47-B75E-119BD54B4BE1.jpeg

CBC126D0-4037-4FB2-948E-249846C8A9F8.jpeg

9EBECE02-7154-46ED-A2B5-626400936A32.jpeg

D05DBD9A-325E-4B56-AF95-4548AFC5153A.jpeg

9AE0F6C8-F26E-45C9-84D2-32D38343D944.jpeg

5882D958-FC3A-4984-97E6-65EE60D3E58E.jpeg

3AFCA811-C20A-4732-AEAC-3163D119B48E.jpeg

7A93F129-7615-4458-9814-4635FE53DD7B.jpeg

EBA709C4-9AB1-45BA-9B87-7A4D751BCF20.jpeg

4004504C-0F17-452A-919B-CA0CADC152B0.jpeg

• Like 3

We do not like to rush on our vacation so we have a day in Fort Lauderdale before our morning flight tomorrow morning. I will post some pics of the new Avid Hotel near the airport. Another option for us cruisers that fly into port!

50 minutes ago, binro01 said:

William Day was a great man. He adopted my wife at birth with my wife’s Mom Linda. He retired from the Navy after 25 years of service to our country where he served during Korea, Vietnam, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. He then went on to a career at Bell Helicopter and Northrop Grumman and lived with his family in Japan and Iran while working with these companies. 

Very sorry to read this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sorry to read about your wife’s loss.  Prayers for your family.  

It looks like some of the shows are the same as when we were last on in 2018.  We are boarding today. 

The ice show is the same as when I first sailed on Allure years ago.

• Like 1

The new Avid hotel is quite nice. They even allowed us to check in very early which they didn’t have to do.

Had hobbit second breakfast. Lol.

There is not much in walking distance so the second breakfast will hold us over till an early dinner which we will probably door dash in. We will just longe around in our room and hang by the pool.

But the hotel was about a 15.00 Lyft fare from the cruise port, and we get a free ride to the airport in the AM. Price was reasonable at 175.00 for the night for a great bead. Basic but new and clean room with a huge 55 inch TV. Which is awesome. Bathroom is great. 

3581A29B-079D-4B05-B726-2E63D93156C4.jpeg

717E07BD-ACB3-4785-B001-D3949BBA46C2.jpeg

D8B67F87-48A9-420A-9FFF-C8081CD2C4BB.jpeg

7818DDAB-8C7D-4152-AA9E-618FF74F91C4.jpeg

02FCBD25-17C6-4FD7-9D55-28123620439F.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, binro01 said:

My condolences for your  loss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, binro01 said:

I am so sorry for both of your loss.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your condolences. Sheryl’s dad had been struggling for years with COPD and was in the end stages of that horrible disease. But he is now at peace and able to move on to his next adventure that we all will eventually participate in. 

We are right now in flight from Fort Lauderdale to Salt Lake. It was such a good call to relax the Saturday away at the hotel vs stressing about making a 910am flight after getting off the ship. All the days of 6 hours of sleep on the ship makes a tired traveler. I slept over 10 hours last night and feel wonderful. It will also help with the slight jet lag traveling east to west.

Thank you everyone for following along on our journey. At one point it was in question and then it took another turn with the passing of a close loved one. But it was still a wonderful trip. I hope you enjoyed the posts. 

In early April we are doing a short 4 day cruise on Navigator of the Seas out of LA with our twin 18 year old boys during their senior year spring break. Let me know if you are interested in another Live from me and the family. Till then, stay safe and healthy.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 12

Thank you so much for your report! I have a Mother/Daughter cruise planned for July on the Allure. Our flights have been changed for both this cruise and our June Alaskan cruise. This may not be the first change in fights. I was trying to rework plans and wondered if it was even worth the hassle during these crazy times. I thought about just rescheduling.

Your report reminded me of why I scheduled this special time with my mom in the first place. My Dad passed away almost two years ago right at the beginning of this Covid mess. She loves to cruise and we have been talking about cruises for so long. I bet this cruise will cheer her up.

My heart goes out to you and your wife. Your FIL's next adventure will be an awesome one. Prayers and a virtual hug going out to you guys!

• Like 5

On 3/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, binro01 said:

The new Avid hotel is quite nice. They even allowed us to check in very early which they didn’t have to do.

There is not much in walking distance so the second breakfast will hold us over till an early dinner which we will probably door dash in. We will just longe around in our room and hang by the pool.

But the hotel was about a 15.00 Lyft fare from the cruise port, and we get a free ride to the airport in the AM. Price was reasonable at 175.00 for the night for a great bead. Basic but new and clean room with a huge 55 inch TV. Which is awesome. Bathroom is great. 

On 3/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, binro01 said:

02FCBD25-17C6-4FD7-9D55-28123620439F.jpeg

Thank you!  We’ll be on the Allure in September and are staying at the Avid pre-cruise. Good to see some pics. 

• Like 1