RCL Shareholder Benefit

twoflyers

Having a heck of a time trying to get someone in the RCL's Shareholder Office to add the benefit to our 02/22 Apex reservation.  Initial request was submitted on February 3rd, but still no action has been taken.  I have called the Shareholder Office, but the agents working there are not familiar with the program and cannot answer basic questions.  Once they see it's a Celebrity reservation, they try to transfer me over to Celebrity, who of course does not administer the program.

Both agents I have spoken to have had to put me on long waits while they gather information about the program.  One agent started reading the program guidelines to me, 🙄.  Neither seem to be working out of Royal's Miami offices, so I am not sure how much support they are getting.

Any one else having the same issue? 

Anyone have any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, twoflyers said:

Having a heck of a time trying to get someone in the RCL's Shareholder Office to add the benefit to our 02/22 Apex reservation.  Initial request was submitted on February 3rd, but still no action has been taken.  I have called the Shareholder Office, but the agents working there are not familiar with the program and cannot answer basic questions.  Once they see it's a Celebrity reservation, they try to transfer me over to Celebrity, who of course does not administer the program.

Both agents I have spoken to have had to put me on long waits while they gather information about the program.  One agent started reading the program guidelines to me, 🙄.  Neither seem to be working out of Royal's Miami offices, so I am not sure how much support they are getting.

Any one else having the same issue? 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many phone calls are being transferred to Jamaica.  My advice is that the saving is not worth the aggravation.  I have tried several times and if I was getting a certain promotion, the Shareholder Benefit would not be applicable.  Not worth the frustration.  

Many members report that the email works better than the website form.  I have no idea why that is, but after not hearing anything for a week after I submitted to the website, I sent the form via email and about 36 hours later I had the credit applied.  

shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

2 minutes ago, josh1324342 said:

Many members report that the email works better than the website form.  I have no idea why that is, but after not hearing anything for a week after I submitted to the website, I sent the form via email and about 36 hours later I had the credit applied.  

I've done both and also sent a request over to Investor Relations today.  I think it's a great program and very generous of RCL, but it's useless unless they are willing to devote the resources to manage it.  Otherwise, it's useless.

Even crazier, today my travel agent reported there was a note on my reservation that the name on the Apex reservation did not match the stock statement provided.  Absolutely not correct!!

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've submitted my request for 3 cruises B2B2B for April two times now over the past 3 weeks and so far nothing.

Jim, I'm hoping that if Celebrity/RCL monitors these pages that they will see there is an issue and try to correct it.   🤞

37 minutes ago, twoflyers said:

Jim, I'm hoping that if Celebrity/RCL monitors these pages that they will see there is an issue and try to correct it.   🤞

I very definitely doubt Celebrity monitors CC.    I do have a couple ways to expedite if needed.    So fare I have submitted my request via e-mail which usually work better than the online submission. 

36 minutes ago, twoflyers said:

Good news! 

Just received an updated Guest Invoice at 6:53 p.m., not even a half hour ago, with a $100 credit listed!!

I guess persistence does pay off!

Thanks RCL/Celebrity!

I had a similar experience with a person who knew very little about the benefit said they would check the log  ( I had received the  automated confirmation) after holding they can back and said there was a record and she would transfer me to the person who could assist.  After a long hold I was connected to a lady at Celebrity who obviously had nothing to do with the Shareholder benefit or Investor Relations but she said she would find out who I should contact.  About 20 mins later she called back with the names and emails of 2 people she had spoke to and they ask that I email the paperwork and the OBC would be credited.

Got on the ship and there was no Shareholder OBC.

Use email to request the credit.  Then ...

Until you are in receipt of an email directly from ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com confirming the credit with booking number and amount, you should assume you don't yet have the credit.  And note that when approved, this reply email always says

"While your onboard credit has been added, it may not immediately appear on your SeaPass folio on the first day of your cruise. Please allow up to two days into your sailing for the credit to reflect on your account."

So don't be surprised if it doesn't show up as a credit the day you board.  Not sure why this should be the case, but ... we found it on our account much sooner than that.

26 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

We send by email and usually get the OBC in a week. Not in the last month. Received automotive response 3 weeks ago and no OBC. Resent request a week ago and nothing yet.

That has been my experience over the past month.   I normally got them in a week or less.

3 hours ago, josh1324342 said:

You are right.  We have tried the website as I have it set up on my computer but we never receive the benefit.  It seems you have to send an email.

9 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

We send by email and usually get the OBC in a week. Not in the last month. Received automotive response 3 weeks ago and no OBC. Resent request a week ago and nothing yet.

Received email from “Amenities Inbox” saying shareholder is not on the reservation! Both of us are on the reservation, this makes no sense. Sending response listing both of us on email. Will see what happens now!

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

That’s funny, we have never had a problem getting shareholder credit for either Celebrity or Azamara.    We send the request via U.S. Mail although you can also do it via email.   We always request it right after we make final payment on the cruise.

I don’t think we get it on Azamara anymore since they were sold.  

I did have some problem when I applied for our 2/26/2022 sailing. We made the booking on 2/2/2022 and applied the same day. I always hear back. I got the form answer reply stating they would work on getting it applied according to date. When I didn’t hear anything in 10 days, (and to note, they seem to no longer be sending confirmation that it has been applied), I called them directly and it was applied. My suggestion is that one continues to monitor their booking under your My Celebrity Account. You will see a window pop up that you have $$ available to use as OBC. Of course, you need to know how much you started with and how much Shareholders should be applied.

4 hours ago, ivanidea said:

I've used the website twice, and received the email within a few days showing the OBC has been applied.

I just hope I haven't jinxed myself 😄 

I just submitted for a 3rd time today via the website.   This time only submitting one of the 3 cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just submitted for a 3rd time today via the website.   This time only submitting one of the 3 cruises.

We rarely do a single cruise leg.  For the last several years we have found that we need to apply for the shareholder credit cruise leg by cruise leg.  Even when we have submitted just two at one time while on a B2B it seems to cause confusion.