scissors pocket knife

carywd

30 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Absolutely not and why would you need either of those items? 

Wellllll......😬

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

I think it depends on who is doing security. I had a small vise grip that I used to take everywhere, including many cruises. On the pride back in Dec. the guy at the x-ray in security made me remove the tool and dispose of it. He claimed I could use it to disable the ship. I asked him how the hell could I disable that big ship with a 3-and a half inch vise grip and if that was possible perhaps the ship is not built very well to start with. 😮

• Haha 7

If you haven't checked the FAQ in a while you will find some changes. The 3" knife policy has changed. Here is the link: https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1202

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana
  • All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc.
    • All items containing incapacitating substances, such as gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
    • All ammunition
    • All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
    • Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics
    • Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners)
      • Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans (Refer to Exemptions)
      • Alcohol (hard liquor) and beer
      • Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
      • Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
      • Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
      • Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
        • Handcuffs or other restraining devices
        • Self-balancing hover boards and air wheels
        • Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers. 
        • Boom boxes/large radios
        • Candles and incense
        • Helium filled balloons 
        • Inflatable kiddie pool
        • Hookahs
        • Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
        • Kava  
        • Surfboards, boats and canoes 
        • Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

If you haven't checked the FAQ in a while you will find some changes. The 3" knife policy has changed. Here is the link: https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1202

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana
  • All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc.
    • All items containing incapacitating substances, such as gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
    • All ammunition
    • All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
    • Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics
    • Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners)
      • Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans (Refer to Exemptions)
      • Alcohol (hard liquor) and beer
      • Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
      • Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
      • Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
      • Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
        • Handcuffs or other restraining devices
        • Self-balancing hover boards and air wheels
        • Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers. 
        • Boom boxes/large radios
        • Candles and incense
        • Helium filled balloons 
        • Inflatable kiddie pool
        • Hookahs
        • Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
        • Kava  
        • Surfboards, boats and canoes 
        • Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home

Hookahs 😶

Guest BasicSailor
8 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I always travel with a corkscrew and multitool in my checked bags and never had an issue. I don't know about carryon.

I guess it's mostly for safety reasons why those items are not allowed.

I mean I've heard of people trying to knife someone, but never corkscrew em 🙃

10 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Wellllll......😬

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

Lol

i have never thought of taking either of these objects on just feels like an easy way to have things confiscated 

25 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Wow.....I have taken a Swiss Army knife on every cruise I've been on.  I can't believe they changed that.

Same here. I've carried my Swiss Army knife, the last being last august. When we went through the metal detectors of course we had to empty out pockets and put it in a tray. They saw the knife and didn't utter a word. 

i had a 2.5" pocket knife that I carried with me everywhere, not anymore though. They took it from me last week boarding the Magic. I told the lady to give it to her son because it was extremely convenient to have. She was sorry to take it from me but was only doing her job. I understood. If you want to keep it, leave it at home.