Mask policy for formal nights

rideev

1 hour ago, rideev said:

Does anyone know if masks are required for pictures on formal nights?  Or, do they only take them on deck so they are outside and the wind blows your hair?

You remove your mask to pose for photos 

• Like 1

On our February cruise on Grand, mask compliance was high (not 100% but high).  The photo events, which happened most nights, not only formal, folks removed their masks for the picture.  

There were no embarkation photo's (well, at least they photo team didn't block the gangway like they normally do) but they were stationed in the Piazza for those who wanted a welcome aboard photo - far more civilized.

Likewise, there were no roaming photographers wandering the dining rooms, but again the photo team was available if someone wanted a photo in or near that venue, again far more civilized than the old 'normal'.  

I for one hope some of these changes become the new normal.  Provide folks who want photo's all the opportunities they want to have them take, but do it without interrupting the boarding flow or setting off flashes all around the dining room.

• Like 4

There is a Covid virus barrier screen around the photo area and the MDR tables and the bars....No worry about Covid in those areas so no mask required.  

The Covid barrier is not in an empty hallway or stairwell so masks are required.

T minus 4 days until masks optional!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

Provide folks who want photo's all the opportunities they want to have them take, but do it without interrupting the boarding flow or setting off flashes all around the dining room.

The only problem I have with them taking photo's is when they hold up people going down the unloading platform when others behind them simply want to exit the ship.

They can shoot all the photo's they want of other people in the DR. 

We are on the Enchanted as I write this and most are wearing the KN95 or N95 white masks.  I have seen very few masks of another type and mask compliance is high onboard.  The stateroom had two KN95 mask waiting for us when we arrived although we had our own.  Formal pictures are with masks off of course but I have seen no protective screens around the picture taking area.  The areas are just like they always were.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What awesome masks!  We’re going to be wearing our masks for the foreseeable future, regardless, since we’ve never been healthier and attribute it to mask wearing.  I’d buy those masks in a heartbeat.  🥰

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Senga said:

What awesome masks!  We’re going to be wearing our masks for the foreseeable future, regardless, since we’ve never been healthier and attribute it to mask wearing.  I’d buy those masks in a heartbeat.  🥰

Agree also.....we have worn them religiously and neither us have had even a cold in the last year and half.

Masks rule!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Agree also.....we have worn them religiously and neither us have had even a cold in the last year and half.

Masks rule!!

I agree.  On almost every cruise (30+)one of us has gotten sick with a cold, flu, etc......except in  November when  we wore a mask the whole time. 

• Like 3