35 Days to the South Pacific with The Inside Cabin - Live from the Zuiderdam

The-Inside-Cabin

19 hours ago, canadianbear said:

WOWSERS!  Hope he's got money in the bank to bail him out, LOL!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

Really enjoy your posts with menus.  Would you please post if room service breakfast is available on day you disembark?  (sorry to say that word).  This sounds like a fantastic itinerary.

I'll check.  That is always something I enjoy and has been a feature of HAL.   Hope it is continuing.  

11 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Enjoying a cold beer by the lido pool 

what's your favorite?  
BD27FA6C-09A9-4E23-BEB4-4D1BB8CCF7F1.thumb.jpeg.5de10f4a0f485ba046c998b45614accf.jpeg

🤮 None of the above lol! Not a beer fan... but would drink a hard cider if pressed to order something in a bottle lol! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

what's your favorite?  
BD27FA6C-09A9-4E23-BEB4-4D1BB8CCF7F1.thumb.jpeg.5de10f4a0f485ba046c998b45614accf.jpeg

A mixed selection - different brews for different occasions. I would not drink Duvel as a session beer for example!

On 3/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, tennisbeforewine said:

Hey Pete and Judy, 

Once again your posts, photos and information updates are great, especially the news about next year’s WC and the staff that’s going to be aboard. If you see Henk, please tell him hello from John and Diane. I think that you said you are on deck 8 just under the Lido. We have a guarantee for 2023 but no definite room assignment yet. I was wondering how the noise was—one of us is a light sleeper and the other can sleep through any. Another question if you have time: I’m a pickle ball player and am curious to how the wind seems to be up there. The sports deck on the Amsterdam wasn’t great, but on the newer ships not too bad. Again thanks for your great blog. I think we last saw you guys at the hotel at the Sydney Airport before flying home—what an adventure! 

Pickle ball update.  

today is a sea day.   We are traveling at 14 knots      Watched the pickle ball players     They said conditions not ideal but playable.   Wind is a factor as it swirls.    They were having fun.   There was the occasional shot that would accelerate or quickly fade if it caught a gust.   But overall I would say it was playable albeit not ideal.  

one person who was on Amsterdam said they had 2 courts - with one being more protected.  

this single court, aft of the stack,  is affecting by swirling, unpredictable winds.

here is a video

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

what's your favorite?  

I usually enjoy an Amstel Light, except on Alaska trips which require Alaskan Amber!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, canadianbear said:

Sounds like he was one of the Polynesian entertainers.....a young Tahitian man. 

How sad that he's supplying drugs to the islands.    

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Do you know if the crew is allowed to get off for some port time?

We get on Zuidie when you get in to San Diego, and I was thinking about bringing some treats/ snacks onboard for our stewards, etc. We’re driving to port.

The crew is able to get time off ashore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Tonight's 3rd Gala menu.   Not a dedicated Gala menu like the first 2 times. 

5DC11B22-6F2E-47D1-882E-3C9B38956116.thumb.png.93d5181970dd4e26c254e154b1df3910.png

HI Pete!  Do you know what the heck is "whipped lobster" in the Fettuccine Fruitti De Mare?  Ha ha.  I can't imagine what it is supposed to be!

Loving your blog, as always,

~Nancy

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

HI Pete!  Do you know what the heck is "whipped lobster" in the Fettuccine Fruitti De Mare?  Ha ha.  I can't imagine what it is supposed to be!

Loving your blog, as always,

~Nancy

You win the Eagle Eye award.   I asked the Exec Chef this AM.   He looked puzzled and after reviewing the menu he said it was a typo. 

they will fix it!   Good catch!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

The crew is able to get time off ashore.

They do get time off, but they’ve absolutely loved the cans of Pringles I’ve passed out to my cabin and dining room stewards. They did try to get off in some ports, but this has been a long cruise and not all ports are easy shopping

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1