Shorts in MDR

hoss23

10 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Not sure what you mean by “rating” (new to Princess) but wouldn’t this theory also apply to the passenger annoyed by shorts/hats/etc?  Either way, it seems someone is going to be annoyed.

Every crew member on Princess is constantly being rated. If they want to advance to the next position their rating is of major concern.

Yes, I suppose that people who are irritated by others wearing shorts or hats could also impact the ratings of a Maître D. I suspect it's why they all turn a blind eye to the offenders.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, satxdiver said:

Ah dress code enforcement on Princess, things have finally returned to normal on cruise critic.  Yeah! 

NO Sir/Madam.....Not until we start discussing NOROvirus again......lol..lmao....rofl 😄😄😄

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Not sure what you mean by “rating” (new to Princess) but wouldn’t this theory also apply to the passenger annoyed by shorts/hats/etc?  Either way, it seems someone is going to be annoyed.

Ship over-all performance, crew performance and individual performance can surface in final surveys or comments made on cards (sometimes) and can influence a persons career or contract.  Why take a chance on getting a negative evaluation if you can look the other way and stay out of harms way.  It does not seem like many on Princess ships are willing to take that chance.

57 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Ah dress code enforcement on Princess, things have finally returned to normal on cruise critic.  Yeah! 

54 minutes ago, ISwing said:

NO Sir/Madam.....Not until we start discussing NOROvirus again......lol..lmao....rofl 😄😄😄

Not until we include these as well:

243776890_BarrellChairs.jpg.361527a5ad33761b88caeecae967b899.jpg

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ISwing said:

I wonder over the years how many times Cruise Critic has beat this dead horse, so I nominate CC for the: 

b7d.jpg

Dress Code is more like a herd or dead horses on Princess CC and it never stops running around in circles.....or like the old saying goes "the lashings will end when morale improves."

2 hours ago, ISwing said:

I wonder over the years how many times Cruise Critic has beat this dead horse, so I nominate CC for the: 

b7d.jpg

🤣roflmao . When this thread went to page 2, I was hopping it was going to ride off into the sunset.

Edited by c-boy

49 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Dress Code is more like a herd or dead horses on Princess CC and it never stops running around in circles.....or like the old saying goes "the lashings will end when morale improves."

Never have so many talked so much about so little.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently made the mistake of going on a MSC cruise out of Miami.  I have never seen the quantity  of lowlifes on any other cruise line.  Sweat shorts flip-flops wife beaters with tattooed arms And bikinis are the dress code during dinner.   Whatever happened to decency?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

Currently made the mistake of going on a MSC cruise out of Miami.  I have never seen the quantity  of lowlifes on any other cruise line.  Sweat shorts flip-flops wife beaters with tattooed arms And bikinis are the dress code during dinner.   Whatever happened to decency?

Shows what happens if you have no rules, or rules that are not enforced.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I dunno.  I think the tipping threads may give them a run for their money.  🙃

There is a tipping thread on CC right now that is up to about 900 posts.  Come on guys - we need to beat those guys!!

DON

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

I'd rather judge someone to be a lowlife on their actions rather than their appearance.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

If there is a next time on MSC try the Yacht Club.  It truly is a 'ship within a ship' experience with excellent service, food, and beverages and passengers that appreciate (and are willing to pay for) it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Shows what happens if you have no rules, or rules that are not enforced.  

I think it is called being young.......not a bunch of out dated old oldies who travel Princess.

It sounds like many people's idea of fun on Princess is warm milk and animal cookies.....lighten up....and Princess does not enforce their rules either so that goes right out the window as an excuse!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I think it is called being young.......not a bunch of out dated old oldies who travel Princess.

It sounds like many people's idea of fun on Princess is warm milk and animal cookies.....lighten up....and Princess does not enforce their rules either so that goes right out the window as an excuse!!!

OK, but I prefer not to eat next to someone sweating away in an old vest. Not my idea of fun.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

OK, but I prefer not to eat next to someone sweating away in an old vest. Not my idea of fun.

Explain that one to me. 

Is that like a person in a suit & tie cramped up in a hot room? 😄

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If there is a next time on MSC try the Yacht Club.  It truly is a 'ship within a ship' experience with excellent service, food, and beverages and passengers that appreciate (and are willing to pay for) it.

Yes I have taken the yacht club and was pleasantly surprised.   I will say I’ve been on four different MSC  ships and each one was a completely different experience.  I had to take MSC for 21 days now  because my vision of the seas were canceled and I am doing 18 months nonstop On a ship.   I have the forward facing suite right above the bridge

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Were you asleep during 2020?? 🙈🙉🙊 🤷‍♂️

Well that’s always how it will be in  certain places.  I believe in law and order  and I usually don’t go anywhere where that doesn’t exist.  

• Like 1