Elite Mini Bar

Megotoo

8 hours ago, windango said:

On Enchanted in December they were unable to provide the set up, so we were given a credit for it.  I think there had been supply chain issues and they had a limited number of setups to provide.

How much credit did they give you?

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I wish Princess would take advance requests for the mini-bar content so we don't all have to call Room Service on Day 1 for the swap requests.

So do I. On Our 1st cruise as elite in Nov. I called room service for the swap to coffee pkgs. They came & took.away the 6 or 8 little bottles of liquor. Later I got a call that they needed ALL the mini bar set up. I told them that was all, nothing in fridge. Thankfully they believed me. Had I wanted the set up, as a first timer, i would have assumed those 6 or 8 bottles were the entire set up.

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

In the past yes.

That has never happened for us. I need to make a call!  😆

And the reason for the sporadic setup we were told is the dreaded supply chain issue. Back to back cruises and we got completely different setups each time. Same number of bottles just not the usual assortment. 

37 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

With the drink package, can't you get coke zero in a can at the bars?

Would like to confirm also. Our next cruise will be our first with Princess plus, but we are not big on alcohol. So we have turned the minibar into all soft drinks/waters. Seems to me that the plus package kind of makes the elite minibar less of a perk. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Assuming they have it on board, you can swap out the regular Coke and Sprite in the mini-bar setup for Coke Zero and Diet Sprite.

On the last two cruises, the Ruby and the Regal , we were not able to swap out ...none available. In the past, we always swapped.

On 3/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, VAWCB said:

I was in a suite on Emerald last week.  We got two each of scotch, gin, vodka, and cognac.  In the fridge were Cokes, Diet Cokes, San Pelegríno, beer, and water.  I am not elite but thought that Elites and Suites got the same thing?

Correct.

55 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Would like to confirm also. Our next cruise will be our first with Princess plus, but we are not big on alcohol. So we have turned the minibar into all soft drinks/waters. Seems to me that the plus package kind of makes the elite minibar less of a perk

Yes, I totally agree. Especially for suites. 2 minibars and the plus pkg...what do you do with all those bottles & cans?

Take them home? Gift all your new cruise friends? Drink like a fish? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Would like to confirm also. Our next cruise will be our first with Princess plus, but we are not big on alcohol. So we have turned the minibar into all soft drinks/waters. Seems to me that the plus package kind of makes the elite minibar less of a perk

Yes, I totally agree. Especially for suites. 2 minibars and the plus pkg...what do you do with all those bottles & cans?

28 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Share at the CC meet and greet, drinks on me 🤪

• Like 1

trade mini bar set up for 2 coffee packages should simply be a 'checkbox' on the personalizer or app. that would at least eliminate a delivery and removal, and the coffee package would already be added to your account, much like the beverage package (PLUS) / (BSE) prior to boarding

swap out - would more people take that option if it was online prior - aka more work for crew ??

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

With the drink package, can't you get coke zero in a can at the bars?

Canned soda is not included with the beverage package. You can get canned soda at a discount, 25%, I think.

In the past Diet Coke was available by the gun. Diet Coke is different from Coke Zero. Not sure of current fountain selections.

Soda selections do change some depending on the area of the world and the suppliers. Example, have seen Coke on board bottled in Mexico with real sugar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtfasls said:

On the Enchanted in December we received a $50 OBC in place of our Elite mini bar set up.

Oh, that is interesting.  Would make sense, especially if you have the alcohol drink package.  Did you ask for credit, how did you request it?

15 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Seems like replacing with coffe pkg. would be a better deal...unless you have the Plus fare.

Yeah, that's what we always did, but you have it too with the plus.  I would trade for $50 all day long.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Assuming they have those items in room service, yes. They have not in the past, but over time Coke is changing products.

I have not cruised since the shutdown, but pre-pandemic I was able to make this swap every time I asked.

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

On our last two cruises, we gave our cabin steward all our left over cans of soda, mixers and water. Brought all the extra tiny bottles of booze home with us. 

19 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

On our last two cruises, we gave our cabin steward all our left over cans of soda, mixers and water. Brought all the extra tiny bottles of booze home with us. 

We've done all of the above at one time or another. It overwhelms us. We don't drink soda or alcohol (at least not enough to matter)...soda once a year (maybe), alcohol (me never, DH on or 2 on a cruise then done). More than once, we've traded for all water & lugged it home, only to have it sit for what seems like forever. We don't drink bottled water either. Guess we're a lost cause.

Coffee pkg here we come.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Crystabel said:

Same here. Every little bit helps. I can't believe that the crew has to pay for their internet, too.

20 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Oh, that is interesting.  Would make sense, especially if you have the alcohol drink package.  Did you ask for credit, how did you request it?

We had not received our bar set up, so we asked our room steward and he said they were just running late on delivery.  The next day there was a card in our room stating they did not have enough product to fill the bar set up so they were providing a $50 OBC to our account, worked great for us since we had the drink package.

• Like 2