End of pre-cruise testing???

Debde

Would love to see pre-cruise testing gone. I'm double vaxed and boosted. The fear of not knowing you have a mild case or a false positive keeps me from cruising just yet. Am I in the minority here???

• Like 2

Well a false positive would be a big bummer, but a "Mild Case" is still a Case. 

You could transmit and that would be the reason they (and others who might be immunocompromised) would not want you onboard.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

I have no issue with the terminal  testing. Depends how people manage their anxiety and worry. 

Maybe, but for us as I've said several tines, it costs us more to get to port and home than basic cost of cruise.  I've said this before, and yes, the typical response from a couple people is to buy insurance.  Last time I checked, that wasn't free.

• Like 2

The state of Ohio will no longer put out daily COVID numbers. That shows you how COVID numbers are really declining. I think weekly is better at this point as sometimes they errored and gave a huge daily total to make us for their clerical errors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Maybe, but for us as I've said several tines, it costs us more to get to port and home than basic cost of cruise.  I've said this before, and yes, the typical response from a couple people is to buy insurance.  Last time I checked, that wasn't free.

THIS!!!

By the time I plan, get flights, get hotel, transfers which is a major cost right there-then my cruise fare. Here I am at the port, feeling fine and I test positive and watch the ship sail away with my family in tow. Insurance will not make me feel any better.

Until the pre-testing goes away for fully vaccinated, I'll wait to cruise.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blueslily said:

I have no issue with the terminal  testing. Depends how people manage their anxiety and worry. 

I am ok with it too..... BUT I live 1 1/2hours  from the port.  If, for some odd chance, I test positive at the port after testing negative 2 days before, I turn around and drive home.  Think of those that are flying in.  That's a huge hassle and anxiety for those people.  I can understand that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SUSIEK said:

I am ok with it too..... BUT I live 1 1/2hours  from the port.  If, for some odd chance, I test positive at the port after testing negative 2 days before, I turn around and drive home.  Think of those that are flying in.  That's a huge hassle and anxiety for those people.  I can understand that. 

Or as a family of four, driving 23 hours because holiday (Easter airfare) was astronomical on top of cruise!! Our schools just lifted mask mandates but I have kids still wearing to avoid any potential risk of infection. 

• Like 1

The testing stuff is scary because of how inaccurate it is.

I tested positive on Tuesday. My husband had has had symptoms since Monday and was negative until today. 

Now I worry that when we sail in April (over 30 days from now) we will test positive because of this, although medically we would be the safest passengers on board. 

But what's the alternative? Stop testing and let it spread throughout all cruises and then it all shut down again? No thank you. 

• Like 2

Terminal testing is the more nerve-racking to me. We did that in Civitavecchia in December on NCL. We'd tested within a 72 hr range as well as a 48 hr range before leaving Orlando. We maintained our personal health protocols through Miami, Boston, LHR, and FCO before a night at the port.  Our next cruise is out of Genoa in April, and we are glad just to have to test within 48 hrs (we may have to get tele-monitored tests, though). At least, I think what the protocol is at the moment.

Apologies for the slight diversion but is there any testing carried out on the ship before arrival back at, say, Miami?

surely after a cruise we must be subject to the same re-entry regulations at usa border as applied when we arrive in the usa pre-cruise from the UK?

how does that work?

18 hours ago, SUSIEK said:

I also live 45 min from the port. If I test positive at the port, I'm on my way to Key West, be there by diner time. As they say in all their marketing, "Come as you are".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tweakes said:

The testing stuff is scary because of how inaccurate it is.

I tested positive on Tuesday. My husband had has had symptoms since Monday and was negative until today. 

Now I worry that when we sail in April (over 30 days from now) we will test positive because of this, although medically we would be the safest passengers on board. 

But what's the alternative? Stop testing and let it spread throughout all cruises and then it all shut down again? No thank you. 

I had not heard of your city but see it is close to where my grandmother lived, Neunkirchen.  We even visited relatives in the 90s.

Sorry OP for off topic.

• Like 1

Keep the vax, can the testing. No other form of transportation or overnight lodging is requiring all this constant testing (unless countries mandate them to do it).  Don't know why cruises allow themselves to be subject to this now (it made sense prior) and it is a huge uncontrollable unknown for a significant investment of time and money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Reports from March 12, 2022 sailing of the Seashore NO testing at the port for fully vaxxed passengers prior to embarkation. Only still need 48 hr test negative paper in hand. Perhaps mask mandate on board will be optional ? 

For real!?  We were on the Divina 3 weeks ago and everyone was tested at the pier before getting on.   That took a long time...We cruise again in 3 weeks on the Seashore and hope that is the case!

On 3/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, Debde said:

Would love to see pre-cruise testing gone. I'm double vaxed and boosted. The fear of not knowing you have a mild case or a false positive keeps me from cruising just yet. Am I in the minority here???

That is one reason why I won't be cruising for awhile.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, Debde said:

Am I in the minority here???

Unfortunately you are not in the minority. All we can attest to is that we have sailed every month for a week since July (except for Jan). It has been the best cruising we have ever experienced. The service is phenomenal. As much as we detest chair hogs (they can always ruin a cruise when a ship is sold out), but there were always many more available lounges in every venue at any time. No long waits for meals, no lines anywhere. We leave again for another repeat on the Seashore on the March 19, 2022 sailing this time with an overnight in Ocean Cay (the best port IMHO) which we missed the lighthouse show on Feb 12, 2022 sailing. Noticed a great dearth of reporting from cruisers. Suggesting many are still waiting things out, and really missing out on some fine dining, good Caribbean weather and perhaps the lowest prices that are already increasing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best to give examples. No reservations needed at any specialty restaurant, spa, or theatre production. Just show up and be seated immediately. Spur of the moment, instant gratification. Noticed that all the staff and performers are craving for appreciation. Standing ovations from guests in nearly empty venue.

• Like 2